• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Yeah, wouldn't mind trading up with a 2nd + a 3rd and grabbing a center like Sawchyn or Wahlberg or even Heidt, who probably won't be a center at the NHL-level, though.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
The only reason Askarov is possibly available is because Saros is peaking to the top of the outcome/projections of his career arc.

I actually believe he has the goods. I would like to keep him unless we are signing Saros to a long term extension.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Apparent alternative perspective:

I wonder if there's a trade to be made here.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking of our 2nd+3rd as the move up option last night. As others have noted, I'd be in for that. (I was thinking people were going to start pushing packaging up #46+47).

I'd overlook Brindley's size, and maybe go Brindley-Morin if I could jump up. Even jump both of the picks with our 3rd rounders.

Cristall and Heidt seem like bigger swings to me, but it would take some of the heat off the Molendyk pick to me if we did kind of make that "consolation for not getting Perreault" kind of selection too.

Then again, the 3rd round will be pretty decent too, looks like. Then again again... we have soooooo many picks... :scared:

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I suppose so.i guess it didn't really impact Ellis when it was rumored we were going to trade him for a pick if Couturier had been available
A huge part of the GM job is talking. Talking about players to gauge interest levels, as conversation starters, to see who has what takes on whom, who's desperate, who's just enjoying the sound of their own voice... I'm sure Poile has talked to many others with "what about Josi?" inquiries. Much ado about nothing.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I also don't get a sense that Askarov is the kind of guy to get too bothered about things. He seems almost psychotically "unflappable", if anything. (Which is a rare and fascinating trait in a goalie, I find).
Yeah, I had no worries in that. He's been in the big show for a long time for such a young guy. He knows how things work.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I would have taken the guitar ahead of Bedard too.

1688047825856.png

Reactions: Preds Partisan

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
OMG, but we could have drafted Gulyayev if we wanted a defenseman?!?!?!?*$^*!
-Preds fans
Fastest skater in the draft. Borderline first mid second round projection. Shut down bedard?

Someone was going to take him here because a scout knows he won’t fall to them.

Sounds like a solid prospect with a wild ceiling and floor.
You just wonder if Molendyk would have been there at 46?
Avs fan here. Rumours from people in the know/show were that Avs liked Molendyk so much he would have been the pick at #27 if he was there for the taking.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
What's he even doing at the draft? :laugh:

I missed this last night and not sure if it ever got answered. He wasn't there (afaik). They just showed a video of him being drafted amongst a montage of a few other players getting drafted.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Avs fan here. Rumours from people in the know/show were that Avs liked Molendyk so much he would have been the pick at #27 if he was there for the taking.
I can easily buy that. And they got Gulyayev later on, so it was obviously a player type they were into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad