WC: 2023 IIHF World Championship Division I

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
When Ukraine is not trying to self-destruct, they sort of are carrying the play.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Can only hope that the point loss will hurt China enough to prevent promotion if it comes to that. Ukraine could and should have taken all three here but alas.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah. All in all, really good showing against Ukraine. Having said that, Japan can definitely take points from this version of China as well so maybe the promotion race isn't that clear.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Merezhko is a horse. Well played Ukraine.
Yeah I always wondered why do VHL players have such trouble moving elsewhere. Pretty much #1D of a good VHL team only finding a job in a middling Danish team is pretty odd.

Estonians, meanwhile, are laying a pretty big egg even if it's hard to blame them after putting 50 shots on Serbia's goal.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Yeah I always wondered why do VHL players have such trouble moving elsewhere. Pretty much #1D of a good VHL team only finding a job in a middling Danish team is pretty odd.
Probably doesn't apply to Merezhko who spent years in CHL, but in most cases I imagine VHLers have a language barrier. Add to that possibility that the interesting VHLers might earn more in Russia than at their first abroad gig because VHL is pretty much enigma in the eyes of European GM's so they much rather spend money on safe bet ECHLers.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Don't want jynx it, but so far Japan is doing its part in spicing things up in 1B.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
As long as they avoid mishaps against Serbia they probably only need to win one of their final two games. Conversely Estonia and Ukraine will really need to win that one. China might need both to happen.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Now im mad. I expected more from Serbia. Im half serb half swedish, so there is feelings involved here from me.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So happy that Estonia finally got Erik Embrich. Great recruiting effort by Estonia and finally paying off at the higher levels.
Conrad Molder as well who seems to have given up on the hope to play for Finland. Frankly, on ice, that's probably an even bigger win than Embrich.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Looks like Dronia is about to win the ticket to DEL with Ravensburg, I wonder if he laces them up for Poland one more time since they are in D1A. Would be a huge add.

Also they could really use Trinec securing the title tomorrow.

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
Nice victory for GB in the warm-up game v Hungary, down 2-4 to win 7-4; no Nielsen, Lake, Perlini or O'Connor playing for us tonight either, Lacho was on the second line!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad