WC: 2023 IIHF World Championship Division I

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
And it specifically comes from Vladimir the Great's who was way before Genghis indeed.

Reactions: MadArcand

sytheman

Mar 8, 2017
Seoul, Korea
I think Poland had been three or four game losing streak against us prior to this game. That would motivate them to play harder.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Pretty sure the Ukrainian CoA comes from the Rurikids and predates Genghis by about two centuries...
You might want to re-read my post again.

It stems from the tamgas. Tamgas were used by Genghis Khan and the Mongol Empire/Golden Horde, but not adopted directly from them by Lithuania/Ukraine.

The tamgas are much older and were adopted from the Turkic Khaganates, likely the Khazar Khaganate, but the use of tamgas is even older than that and has been used by the various Turkic equestrian nomads since prehistory.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think Poland had been three or four game losing streak against us prior to this game. That would motivate them to play harder.
To be fair the last of those games was played in 2017 with very different teams and setting so I doubt many remember, or care, about that.
You might want to re-read my post again.
You should re-read your post and ask yourself why tf would you turn a simple question on a hockey forum which has already been answered into obvious fishing for an opportunity to show off how much you know about Mongolian seals. In which consequently everyone else is dumb, doesn't understand anything, should re-read your posts etc. etc. In 11 page thread where you wrote 0 posts on the actual topic before, no less.

Last edited:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
To be fair the last of those games was played in 2017 with very different teams and setting so I doubt many remember, or care, about that.

You should re-read your post and ask yourself why tf would you turn a simple question on a hockey forum which has already been answered into obvious fishing for an opportunity to show off how much you know about Mongolian seals. In which consequently everyone else is dumb, doesn't understand anything, should re-read your posts etc. etc. In 11 page thread where you wrote 0 posts on the actual topic before, no less.
Just trying to explain Lithuanian heritage and history to a curious person from across the ocean

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
In hockey that's at least possible, if irrelevant.

gwqkv6v72vfv3hx56v7w3tx7qrbqh7g3_gallery.jpg

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Italy's best players seem to still be North American born/trained, so we're probably a ways off still from a "true" Italian making the NHL.

Any idea why Morini and Kostner arent playing?

They, along with Zanetti, are the best Italian born forwards.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Any idea why Morini and Kostner arent playing?

They, along with Zanetti, are the best Italian born forwards.
Really not sure if Kostner is even in the top-5 at this point, unless you only count home-grown ones.

Reactions: Hanji

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
I most certainly hope Poland doesn't mess this up.
I know the odds, but still, I hope it goes well.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Romania starting similarly to the GB game but only the question of time when they implode.

I write that and the score 10s later :laugh: Still, point stands.

Don't know if I'm a fan of starting the backup in this game though. While it shouldn't matter this is a promotion game, just makes everyone even more nervous.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I wanted to commend Romania for only taking one penalty in the game but now they are getting pretty blatant ones not called against them.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
21 f'ing years been waiting for this, more than half my life lol! Even though there is a bit of an asterisk of no Belarus, no Russia, still this is a huge success for Polish hockey. Going forward this next year up until the 2024 tournament, marketing has to be cranked up to 1000% and promote this sport and upcoming tournament.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
With Polish hockey concentrating on the southern part of the country it's good that the tournament is in Czechia so it's not very far away.

Reactions: legionista

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
Great that we are back into the elite. I am from Poland also. It's terrible how niche this great sport in Poland is. Maybe with this promotion something will change.
I really hope it will change, but unless Poland can stay in the elite division for a few years I'm not sure one year there will make a huge impact in terms of popularity of the sport. It's very expensive and takes a lot of time and dedication to develop players.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Rome wasn't built in a day, this probably means largely nothing in the bigger picture but at least there's something positive.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Korean #13 has been injured for good in the previous game, looks like, so they are really missing A LOT of important players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad