WC: 2023 Germany Roster Talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Excuse me, Germany understands perfectly fine and doesn't care.

Germany is not interested in a sport that costs so much vs. the revenue it brings. It's that simple.

Hockey is simply not economic for Germany's economic model/ current economic ideology.
and how is soccer, handball, basketball etc not expansive?

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
and how is soccer, handball, basketball etc not expensive?

bruh.

Hockey needs at least 10 people spending like 1000$ for equipment, a cooled rink and people operating it, etc. Pond hockey works for 3 months in Germany.

Soccer? Dirt pitch, pair of shoes, ball.

Basketball? Handball.

If you don't understand that the hockey bill is way more expensive, relatively to other sports like soccer, handball and basketball. I can't help you any further.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
bruh.

Hockey needs at least 10 people spending like 1000$ for equipment, a cooled rink and people operating it, etc. Pond hockey works for 3 months in Germany.

Soccer? Dirt pitch, pair of shoes, ball.

Basketball? Handball.

If you don't understand that the hockey bill is way more expensive, relatively to other sports like soccer, handball and basketball. I can't help you any further.
but soccer has extremly high expansives for buying players and also gigantic arenas that is super expansive.

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
but soccer has extremly high expansives for buying players and also gigantic arenas that is super expansive.

But it is easy and inexpensive for families to pick up as a sport to play. + you can play it basically in every little village to at least some capacity + there is a big chance that their friends play it as well.

Not sure, what the overhead costs of pro sports has to do with that?

Reactions: Edenjung

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
But it is easy and inexpensive for families to pick up as a sport to play. + you can play it basically in every little village to at least some capacity + there is a big chance that their friends play it as well.

Not sure, what the overhead costs of pro sports has to do with that?
then lets make ice hockey cheap to play. why does it have to be so expansive to buy sticks, helmets, skates etc. we need to talk about this more and bring it up with the bosses. otherwise hockey is never growing

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
you asked how soccer, handball etc were not expensive. You got your answers, apparently didn't want to hear them and deflected to the costs of pro teams and are now heading into hypothetical scenarios with a slim chance of happening. Count me out of this discussion.

Edit: sorry, that sounds way to aggressive. Just not sure what you want to discus here, so sorry about the tone.

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Guess his Top forward in the tournament may have had something to do with Peterka’s absence from the top player trio.

GJ Germany, wish you could taken Gold after the US lost to you guys but at least you guys finally medaled.

krutais23

May 1, 2023
Hey guys, can you name all active players who have been retired from NT? I know only Gogulla, can you name the others please?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad