Confirmed Trade: 2023 draft trades only involving draft picks

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Funny thing is you don’t have to read this thread. No one is forcing you to check in to see 5ths and 6ths being swapped around. Crazy concept I know
I guess I will check if there is a bump and then decide what I will do next but thx for the advice. I'll try to remember that for other threads.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think the Hayes, RyJo, Smith, and Toffoli were indicating GMs value cap more than players so not surprising they would not trade their 1st rounders. That being said, I am surprised STL did not try to make a move and Debrincat was not even bringing back a 1st this year…

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Seems a bit of nonsense when you could double your chances potentially if you feel draft is that deep

For instance, Kyle Davidson and Hawks had 4 2nd round picks as trade chips

Surely say #28 for #44 and #55 would have been smart for GM or even moving down to #35 + one of the two 3rd's the Hawks have.

We shall see but the Leafs who I thought would trade down reached for a guy slated in almost every ranking as a late 2nd/3rd round pick
It was what it was. No trades were made and the Sportsnet people were making a suggestion as to why. There were a few strange picks in that first round. Arizona's draft list must have been written up while they were partying at that honky tonk everyone was at.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
First time in league history
First time since 2007 - as per nhl.com
Entering the night, expectations were high that there would be lots of trades during the first round and once the dust settled, not one deal was made. It's the first time since 2007 that no trades were made during round one an NHL Draft.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
First time since 2007 - as per nhl.com
Entering the night, expectations were high that there would be lots of trades during the first round and once the dust settled, not one deal was made. It's the first time since 2007 that no trades were made during round one an NHL Draft.

Again, 2007 had trades during the first round: the Blues both traded down with the Sharks for Lars Eller and up for Ian Cole.

Reactions: Ainsy01

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5