Kempny,
Sklenicka
Klok
Kostalek
Jordan
Jerabek
Musil
Kundrátek

All good players. Then add in some players from NHL and AHL. Sure its not the best D...but calling it weak is taking it too far...
Because half the players you listed Are just not good enough on international level And are painfull to watch.

Kempny, Jordan, Jerabek, Musil, Kundratek yes they are in fact weak and cant handle the tempo against top teams at WC.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

I assume this means no Worlds! That is REALLY NOT GOOD NEWS for us! Our D was weak with him.lol

I honestly dont expect much from this years WC. Medal would be a miracle, but damn in 2016 we had a similarly "weak" team and won the group, then had bad luck in qf, but overall it was good.

Damn Finns won 2019 with only two NHL players I think, while the rest of top teams were stacked.

So miracles can happen lol, but I think that realisticly, the most likely scenario Is a qf loss.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I honestly dont expect much from this years WC. Medal would be a miracle, but damn in 2016 we had a similarly "weak" team and won the group, then had bad luck in qf, but overall it was good.

Damn Finns won 2019 with only two NHL players I think, while the rest of top teams were stacked.

So miracles can happen lol, but I think that realisticly, the most likely scenario Is a qf loss.
I'm feeling similar... Only hope is Boston losing and all of them coming over lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Because half the players you listed Are just not good enough on international level And are painfull to watch.

Kempny, Jordan, Jerabek, Musil, Kundratek yes they are in fact weak and cant handle the tempo against top teams at WC.
Kempný had a really tough season last year, before that he finally had a successful season in the NHL. This year he is clearly the top defender in the extra league and I certainly wouldn't dare to say that he won't be at the level of the top teams. Kundrátek was one of the best defenders, if not the best, at every major national team event.
If you're missing someone from that list, it was Sklenička, who played disastrously at the Olympics with Jeřábek and didn't play very well last year either.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Kempný had a really tough season last year, before that he finally had a successful season in the NHL. This year he is clearly the top defender in the extra league and I certainly wouldn't dare to say that he won't be at the level of the top teams. Kundrátek was one of the best defenders, if not the best, at every major national team event.
If you're missing someone from that list, it was Sklenička, who played disastrously at the Olympics with Jeřábek and didn't play very well last year either.
Sklenička signed a new contract during the season, which expires in the summer of 25. He won the scoring for defenders at the club, but in one interview he literally said that he did not understand why coach Männer did not put him on the stand, that he was the weakest defender and that he could only thank the coach that he could still play. The best defender in a very bad year for Brynäs was, in my opinion, Kinnvall. Sklenička was a player Männer wanted a lot and I think he was in the top 3 highest paid players in Brynäs. Also, I don't think playing in NT will help him at the moment, he was heavily signed under that relegation and he's not mentally right.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I don't expect any of those goalies to make final roster.

Happy Malik is getting a look though! Second season wasn't as good but I do think there is an NHLer there in about 3 years.

The D is going to be weak no matter what... not sure if Krutil was unaivalable but was hoping to see his name on this part of the tryouts. Jordan is probably making the team. None of them get me very excited.lol

The F are an okay mix.. guys I think that make final team will be Cernoch, Flek, Chlapik, Smejkal and Spacek.

It's a nice start! The D terrifies me this year and no Pasta coming in to save the day.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Not sure why Mozik and Lenc is there. Both been mediocer this season in SHL.
Since you mentioned the name Mozik,did Abott not want to extend him and therefore not offer him a new contract? Mozik fit well into Rögle's game, it was never about how many points he would have. I only saw Rögle in the playoffs, did he have a bad regular season?

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sklenicka and Matej Stransky are out (personal issues)
Right now or they will miss WC also?

Since you mentioned the name Mozik,did Abott not want to extend him and therefore not offer him a new contract? Mozik fit well into Rögle's game, it was never about how many points he would have. I only saw Rögle in the playoffs, did he have a bad regular season?
Yep its not always about the points, but they where not good playing-wise. Lots of fans from HV and Rögle complained about them playing bad.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Right now or they will miss WC also?
They will miss WCH

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Honestly eventhough they played well in the clubs I dont see it as much of a loss. Sklenicka was terrible last WCH and OG and Stransky also never played exactly great for the national team.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Honestly eventhough they played well in the clubs I dont see it as much of a loss. Sklenicka was terrible last WCH and OG and Stransky also never played exactly great for the national team.
I'm worried about a lack of quality this year... But I don't think losing these 2 will be the difference between golf and a quarter final exit.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
According to some swedish user, Sklenička was also terrible in the club. He himself allegedly stated in an interview that he is surprised that he is still in the lineup at all and that his club's relegation is largely his fault.
The quality of the defense looks really bad. I will hope that Jiříček will strengthen us. I don't think that Svozil, for example, has a real chance to be nominated, he seems to have big problems with the defensive side of the game right now. He's probably playing big minutes in Regina and is tired. After all, the same thing happened at the WJC and towards the end his ice time went downhill and he struggled with defense.

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I'm worried about a lack of quality this year... But I don't think losing these 2 will be the difference between golf and a quarter final exit.
Quite the bad luck with all the injuries at the end of the season, especially Hronek.

In the net and offense it will be fine, we have a lot of good euro attackers plus hopefully Vrana and Kubalik will go to bring some real power. Also one of the trio Necas, Chytil, Palat will be available after 1st round so hopefully one of them will also go. Kinda wish Hertl can be convinced, but thats not very likely sadly. Also Faksa and Kampf are definitely possible (Toronto will lose as always lol). Kaut will be available, we just need a bit of luck in the 1st round lol.

But the defence damn thats gonna be painful. Hopefully Jiricek will be available, that will be a huge boost. We have to hope that Cleveland will stay on that sixth spot. And It is quite possible that the trio Gudas, Rutta, Simek (Simek 100%) will be available, although what are their chances of going I really dont know. Gudas is without contract and Simek, Rutta had a lot of injury problems this season, so dont know if the clubs will let them go. But eventhough they are not "the best" we still need them badly lol.

Also Rochester has to start losing damn, I really want to see Kulich and Rousek at WC :D

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Quite the bad luck with all the injuries at the end of the season, especially Hronek.

In the net and offense it will be fine, we have a lot of good euro attackers plus hopefully Vrana and Kubalik will go to bring some real power. Also one of the trio Necas, Chytil, Palat will be available after 1st round so hopefully one of them will also go. Kinda wish Hertl can be convinced, but thats not very likely sadly. Also Faksa and Kampf are definitely possible (Toronto will lose as always lol). Kaut will be available, we just need a bit of luck in the 1st round lol.

But the defence damn thats gonna be painful. Hopefully Jiricek will be available, that will be a huge boost. We have to hope that Cleveland will stay on that sixth spot. And It is quite possible that the trio Gudas, Rutta, Simek (Simek 100%) will be available, although what are their chances of going I really dont know. Gudas is without contract and Simek, Rutta had a lot of injury problems this season, so dont know if the clubs will let them go. But eventhough they are not "the best" we still need them badly lol.

Also Rochester has to start losing damn, I really want to see Kulich and Rousek at WC :D
Kulich, Rousek:nod:

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

I just ranted about this!lol

Put another way, when Hronek is out .. our D is well below average. A year from now I think we'll be talking about Jiricek and Hronek in a similar light though! I expect both to have a very good year.

But I think my rant was off! Galvas has signed in Europe and his AHL team won't be making the playoffs. He should be available! He's got a contract in Europe and his season is almost over. Get his ass to camp!

Gudas with no contract, I can't see it happening unfortunately.

Same with Jiricek. Cleveland is not going to the show. He's probably finishing his season in NHL this week.

Adding him and Galvas would be huge for our very weak D. Add in Klok and there is our offence from the blue line.

You know what I loved about the World Jrs? First tourney in a decade where I didn't bitch about our D!lol It was nice to see a modern and effective D agains the world's best!

Since I'm looking at AHL playoffs... Kaut and Raska will be available. So will Jiri Patera! Do any make it? I doubt it. I like the Rousek and Kulich idea (I don't think Goodman does though.lol).

Goalie wise we should be stacked! We could send 3 NHLers. Forwards wise, like you, I'm not too worried.. we have lots of good ones in Europe, AHL and NHL.

But that goddam D.lol

Galvas, Jiricek, Klok, Kempny, Kundratek, Simek, Jordan?

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Goalies that should be available (not sure about contracts):

Dostal (RFA)
Vejmelka (signed)
One of Rittich (UFA) or Vladar (RFA)
Patera (RFA)
Mrazek (signed)

Assuming no RFA's or unsigned guys will come then I'd go

Vejmelka
Mrazek
Stezka (who's probably going to Seattle next season)

Assuming RFA's are extended before World's

Dostal
Vejmelka
Vladar

Will any of this happen? I doubt it but I have a strong preference for NHL goalies at the Skoda's over Euro ones. Yes, I said Mrazek. He's been playing well and has been healthy. He's not a bad goalie at all. Yes, I would Rittich too! Love that guy! Flips a stick and his career goes to shit for 2 seasons.lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Since I'm looking at AHL playoffs... Kaut and Raska will be available. So will Jiri Patera! Do any make it? I doubt it. I like the Rousek and Kulich idea (I don't think Goodman does though.lol).

Galvas, Jiricek, Klok, Kempny, Kundratek, Simek,
Jordan?
Hey, a post above I was hoping for the same.. :sarcasm:
This wouldn't be a bad lineup after all. Not top-of-the-line (we never have one), but pretty good in this situation.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I just ranted about this!lol

Put another way, when Hronek is out .. our D is well below average. A year from now I think we'll be talking about Jiricek and Hronek in a similar light though! I expect both to have a very good year.

But I think my rant was off! Galvas has signed in Europe and his AHL team won't be making the playoffs. He should be available! He's got a contract in Europe and his season is almost over. Get his ass to camp!

Gudas with no contract, I can't see it happening unfortunately.

Same with Jiricek. Cleveland is not going to the show. He's probably finishing his season in NHL this week.

Adding him and Galvas would be huge for our very weak D. Add in Klok and there is our offence from the blue line.

You know what I loved about the World Jrs? First tourney in a decade where I didn't bitch about our D!lol It was nice to see a modern and effective D agains the world's best!

Goalie wise we should be stacked! We could send 3 NHLers. Forwards wise, like you, I'm not too worried.. we have lots of good ones in Europe, AHL and NHL.

But that goddam D.lol

Galvas, Jiricek, Klok, Kempny, Kundratek, Simek, Jordan?
Yes first tourney where I was not completely terrified what will happen, when our defender had puck behind our net :DD But alas we have to wait for those guys to grow into a full glory lol.

I would be content with D like this Jiricek, Simek, Rutta, Galvas, Klok, Kostalek, Kempny (my favorite player :D), Svozil/Spacek (crazy idea maybe, but why not, already better at their age, then the likes of Jordan, Mozik, Scotka etc :D )

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Zero percent chance of it happening, but with Pittsburgh on the verge of missing the playoffs the prospect of Jagr playing for the Czech team and Sidney Crosby playing for Canada would be something that would draw the attention of North American fans.

One can dream.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad