WC: 2023 Czech Team

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Too bad Jalonen got fired. I personally enjoy seeing finnish players and coaches representing foreign national teams and wish all the best for them. Jalonen winning bronze with the czechs last year was great, them winning gold on home ice with Jalonen as a coach would have felt like Finland winning. :D But I understand if you pay money for someone, you expect him to be succesfull so it doesnt really surprise me that they got rid of him.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Too bad Jalonen got fired. I personally enjoy seeing finnish players and coaches representing foreign national teams and wish all the best for them. Jalonen winning bronze with the czechs last year was great, them winning gold on home ice with Jalonen as a coach would have felt like Finland winning. :D But I understand if you pay money for someone, you expect him to be succesfull so it doesnt really surprise me that they got rid of him.
He was a nice guy but the hockey under him was terrible, by far the worst I have ever seen our team play. Last year we also looked terrible and for the first time in history lost to AUSTRIA (!). We only got bronze because Pastrnak joined the team halfway through the tournament, and we were generally reasonably stacked. Still played ugly, defensive hockey though.

Then this year, we lost for the first time ever against Latvia and looked like a defensive pub team. We finished 8th, the worst in the history of Czech hockey. Kari managed many negative records in his two years.

He came across as a nice, decent man and he was very much liked as a person by Czech fans. Still, unfortunately he really had to go, he was just not a good coach for us. And his player selection!! Awful. Turned down many good players, including an in-form Vrana, and took old, useless players from the Czech league instead. All of us Czech fans here predicted those players would be disastrous, and they were.

And all this he did while having the team play ugly, defensive hockey that is not suitable to the Czech mentality at all. He removed all creativity and offensive energy. Just awful to watch.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
We were jerks to him... Embarassing moment for our federation.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
We were jerks to him... Embarassing moment for our federation.
The Czech hockey federation handled this badly, as they were always going to do, given who is in charge. That does not change the fact that Jalonen had to go though. It should just have been done more swiftly and in a more dignified manner, but the actual decision was undoubtedly correct.

Not sure what you mean by “we”. I don’t think you or other Czech posters are part of the decision-making body at the federation, and I don’t see why “we” as in “we Czechs” are in any way responsible for the substandard manner of a few morons at the federation.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The Czech hockey federation handled this badly, as they were always going to do, given who is in charge. That does not change the fact that Jalonen had to go though. It should just have been done more swiftly and in a more dignified manner, but the actual decision was undoubtedly correct.

Not sure what you mean by “we”. I don’t think you or other Czech posters are part of the decision-making body at the federation, and I don’t see why “we” as in “we Czechs” are in any way responsible for the substandard manner of a few morons at the federation.
Fair but these are my people.lol.

I could see rulik with a strong squad too... Hope they name a starting goalie. Hope they look at AHL guys.

Some names in the game may include gudas, Hronek, galvas and Kral on D. Maybe jiricek after an NHL season. Toss in Krejci and hopefully Dostal in net.

Lots can change but I feel a good roster coming up. Hopefully they don't extraliga the shit out of it.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Hopefully, not only the journalists will stop crying because of the end of Kari.
Zbij Čecha. Ne! Tak nehraješ. Kaut o konci v NHL i o tom, co bylo špatně na MS - iDNES.cz
I quote:
Did you strikers feel tied down under Karim Jalonen?
I sure do. I'm used to fast hockey from America, suddenly I had to stand in the middle zone and wait. In the attacking zone, everything was played behind the goal, no pressure on the goal. Did we score a foul goal? I don't think so, only Kubalda was burning it in the power play. I was really looking forward to the quarter-finals with America, to show myself to the Sharks coaches. But we just stood on the ice and they made fun of us.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
In fai
Hopefully, not only the journalists will stop crying because of the end of Kari.
Zbij Čecha. Ne! Tak nehraješ. Kaut o konci v NHL i o tom, co bylo špatně na MS - iDNES.cz
I quote:
Did you strikers feel tied down under Karim Jalonen?
I sure do. I'm used to fast hockey from America, suddenly I had to stand in the middle zone and wait. In the attacking zone, everything was played behind the goal, no pressure on the goal. Did we score a foul goal? I don't think so, only Kubalda was burning it in the power play. I was really looking forward to the quarter-finals with America, to show myself to the Sharks coaches. But we just stood on the ice and they made fun of us.
Not sure if kaut is in a position to complain about anything after busting back to the extraliga at 23.lol. He's right for sure but he is not the poster boy for fast American hockey.lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
In fai

Not sure if kaut is in a position to complain about anything after busting back to the extraliga at 23.lol. He's right for sure but he is not the poster boy for fast American hockey.lol
It's not, but at the same time it's not the point of the article. To repeat what has been written 100 times about the blatantly disgusting defensive play under this coach.. I think this interview only highlighted what many have been criticizing all along. And something tells me this player isn't the only disgusted player on the team who feels the same way..

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's not, but at the same time it's not the point of the article. To repeat what has been written 100 times about the blatantly disgusting defensive play under this coach.. I think this interview only highlighted what many have been criticizing all along. And something tells me this player isn't the only disgusted player on the team who feels the same way..
I definitely didn't like the style or the tournament. And kaut was my fav of those 4 - zadina, Necas, kaut and Chytil. It's a shame he didn't make it.

Still, you have pasta saying great coach and kaut saying shit coach.

Nonetheless... I look forward to rulik. I hope it's not as awful a team to watch in the future.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I definitely didn't like the style or the tournament. And kaut was my fav of those 4 - zadina, Necas, kaut and Chytil. It's a shame he didn't make it.

Still, you have pasta saying great coach and kaut saying shit coach.

Nonetheless... I look forward to rulik. I hope it's not as awful a team to watch in the future.
If Rulík does at least partially as good a job as he did with the juniors, I'm not worried about how we'll play and that we'd embarrass ourselves. We also have good players in Europe, certainly better than what it looked like the last time, when players played below their potential. In addition, everyone who can will come from the NHL. The team will be good. In addition, there are enough candidates from the silver team and Rulík has already made it clear that he will give them a chance. It's the only right choice, after all, we're not going to build almost the entire team on people in their thirties...
I don't believe that if Pasta saw our matches in the championship, he would be satisfied. He no doubt got some freedom with Krejčí, unlike the rest of the team. He saw it a little differently than the other players, I'm convinced of that... It doesn't matter anyway, Jalonen is gone, maybe everyone who understands hockey a little had to shake their head and be dissatisfied because of the game being played.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Klok signed in KHL ... Fan of the hockey player but find it an odd move tbh. Good luck to him. Another good D gone for Prague.

My current D dream for next season is gudas, Hronek, Simek, Kral, galvas, kempny and jiricek.

Maybe Vancouver makes playoffs and so does Columbus. Not liking Anaheim or SJ chances.

Suchanek also said he thinks he may get a contract with Anaheim in September... Guess we will see... He's been offered AHL.conttacts and can continue in WHL too. AHL backup would be a great accomplishment.

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Klok signed in KHL ... Fan of the hockey player but find it an odd move tbh. Good luck to him. Another good D gone for Prague.

My current D dream for next season is gudas, Hronek, Simek, Kral, galvas, kempny and jiricek.

Maybe Vancouver makes playoffs and so does Columbus. Not liking Anaheim or SJ chances.

Suchanek also said he thinks he may get a contract with Anaheim in September... Guess we will see... He's been offered AHL.conttacts and can continue in WHL too. AHL backup would be a great accomplishment.
I would probably trade Šimek for Svozil. Otherwise ok..

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Sorry to necro this thread, but I have to post it here, because I find it extremely hilarious and also satysfiying in a way "So what Kari? Who was right after all? :D"

The absolute worst player on the NT in the last 10 years ...

Edit: Just to translate the title "The biggest mistake of the league, czech national player (Jordan) is being criticized in Finland"

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Sorry to necro this thread, but I have to post it here, because I find it extremely hilarious and also satysfiying in a way "So what Kari? Who was right after all? :D"

The absolute worst player on the NT in the last 10 years ...

Edit: Just to translate the title "The biggest mistake of the league, czech national player (Jordan) is being criticized in Finland"
lol, I was just about to post it here. Hilarious. :laugh:
I would also love to know the Lahti scout(s) who recommended Jordan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad