2023 Coaching Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
At this point there’s only two reasons that make sense for there not to have been an announcement. It’s either the Rangers decision involving a common candidate is a holdup or it’s Roy wanting to await the Memorial Cup conclusion. I’m leaning toward the latter based on the sequence of events though Jarmo strikes me as a guy who might like Lav and Hines’ availability may have given Jarmo a second chance at him.
I can't wait to see a picture of one of the Gaudreau/Laine duo winning the Selke Trophy. :sarcasm:

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I don't know why on earth we'd wait for another team. We either have our guy or we don't. The only reason to wait is if the guy they want has multiple offers and is trying to decide which one to take.

I think we are waiting for Roy. If he has multiple opportunities to decide between, we need to make sure the CBJ are the one he wants. Let's not lose sight of the fact that when a coach interviews with a team, he is interviewing us as well.
I fully expect this to be the case, with Laviolette and Roy holding the cards or at least delaying the process in the case of Roy if multiple teams want to talk to him now/after the weekend. I think the teams will go in this order (possibly similar to how the coaches view the opportunities, I'd like to think we'd be quite high in the pecking order for many given our young roster and future potential):

1. New York Rangers
2. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Calgary Flames
4. Anaheim Ducks

With possibly some wild cards thrown in if teams want to make sudden changes (like Ottawa if they want to fire DJ Smith).

I think NYR goes first and we go a close second - we probably have our ranking done and are just waiting for the prospective coaches to make their decisions...

Edit: Yeah Anaheim might be pretty favorable in the end, they're in a similar situation as us really...

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I fully expect this to be the case, with Laviolette and Roy holding the cards or at least delaying the process in the case of Roy if multiple teams want to talk to him now/after the weekend. I think the teams will go in this order (possibly similar to how the coaches view the opportunities, I'd like to think we'd be quite high in the pecking order for many given our young roster and future potential):

1. New York Rangers
2. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Calgary Flames
4. Anaheim Ducks

With possibly some wild cards thrown in if teams want to make sudden changes (like Ottawa if they want to fire DJ Smith).

I think NYR goes first and we go a close second - we probably have our ranking done and are just waiting for the prospective coaches to make their decisions...
Calgary - cold Canada + pressure.
Rangers - Big apple and prétendent on SC, but pressure.
Anaheim - excellent weather without pressure.
Columbus - good weather but pressure? Jarmo needs PO.

All will depend on what the coaches goals are.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
How do they not have a coach yet, why is it taking so long.

I don't think Hynes would be the best choice.

People wanted they wouldn’t take the 1st name, they’ve basically interviewed everyone they could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad