GDT: 2023 ALCS: (3) Houston Astros vs. (5) Texas Rangers

HOU vs TEX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
You know the thing that hurts me the most is that I have to watch the MLB playoffs and they have "World Series” on their head. World Series of what? The United States? Don't get me wrong. I love the U.S., at times, but that ain't the world. That is not the world.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
You know the thing that hurts me the most is that I have to watch the MLB playoffs and they have "World Series” on their head. World Series of what? The United States? Don't get me wrong. I love the U.S., at times, but that ain't the world. That is not the world.
Toronto keeping us honest

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Last year was an outlier.. We won exactly 1 home game between the '19 and '21 WS... Its unexplainable. Last year we got by on great starting pitching ( for the most part) and a absolutely historic postseason BP..
Somewhat related, I'm of the opinion that the 2019 Astros were a better team than your teams that won it in 2017 and 2022. What do you think?

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Somewhat related, I'm of the opinion that the 2019 Astros were a better team than your teams that won it in 2017 and 2022. What do you think?

2019 Astros are so ridiculously stacked. I do think the Nats were better than their record, their bullpen numbers were unsustainably bad in regular season, otherwise I like that roster a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
1698156529725.png

The Rangers can now celebrate the guy who hit his 600th homer with them.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Garcia just could not be stopped last night.

Hard to believe that team managed to lose three in a row at home.

And I want to congratulate them on their stellar D this series. Its been almost immaculate. From the positioning to the great plays they've been on another level.

Yup. Been a knock against MMP since it's inception. Far cry from the Astrodome.

Felt like there were more hit to right field, that just baaaarely cleared the fence, which would've been catchable in most other parks.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
T
2019 Astros are so ridiculously stacked. I do think the Nats were better than their record, their bullpen numbers were unsustainably bad in regular season, otherwise I like that roster a lot.
They absolutely were. IIRC they had one of the /if not the best record in baseball from mid- May on .

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Garcia already set the Rangers record for RBI's in a single postseason.

So I knew the Rangers were bad recently but totally forgot they lost over 100 games in 2021. What a turnaround.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad