GDT: 2023 ALCS: (3) Houston Astros vs. (5) Texas Rangers

HOU vs TEX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Shit happens... And I doubt it was intentional. Plus did anyone honestly expect him to sit during the playoffs? Players usually serve it the next season. I think the last time a player was going to serve one during the playoffs was Chase Utley and he won on appeal.

Yeah I said at the time he was probably just trying to brush him back. Still funny

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Yeah I said at the time he was probably just trying to brush him back. Still funny
Not as funny as this effort that we put forth lol.. Congrats to the Rags.. That is one great young team... Though their 3rd and 4th spot in the rotation is going to cause problems for them in the WS.

Reactions: Ratbath

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Not as funny as this effort that we put forth lol.. Congrats to the Rags.. That is one great young team... Though their 3rd and 4th spot in the rotation is going to cause problems for them in the WS.

Bullpen is way bigger concern, they have decent starting depth (Dunning, Gray, Scherzer could find it imo)

You can’t trust anyone in late innings/high leverage, even LeClerc, who’s not a closer.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
happy for semien. hope he can carry on the tradition of former A's winning championships elsewhere

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Bullpen is way bigger concern, they have decent starting depth (Dunning, Gray, Scherzer could find it imo)

You can’t trust anyone in late innings/high leverage, even LeClerc, who’s not a closer.
They might survive that against the Dbacks but the Phillies will eat them alive. Plus they can win at home and I highly doubt they strand as many RISP than we do.

Bruce Bochy is a GOAT.. I remember him suffering through all of those NL West wining /one and done Padres teams to breaking through and achieving greatness with the Giants. Dude is one helluva manager.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
game-chat-10-23-rangers-90-72-astros-90-72-7-03-pm-v0-rmrnsj7d22wb1.jpeg

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I was in the Metroplex when the Rangers won the ALCS for the first time ever. I think prior to that they had won just 1 playoff game ever.

Pretty cool for them.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Congrats to the Rangers on winning the AL pennant! Truly amazing that it happened again with the road team winning all 7 games in a series.

Bochy's post-season record in terms of series wins and losses is beyond insane at this point.

The Astros collapse at home in the 2nd half + playoffs is one of the more bizarre things I have witnessed as a sports fan. Just completely, utterly, inept.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
The Astros collapse at home in the 2nd half + playoffs is one of the more bizarre things I have witnessed as a sports fan. Just completely, utterly, inept.
It was so bad that I can't even be surprised at their season ending with a repeat of 2019. Though by how bad they got blown out in the last 2 games you'd never think they were the defending champs.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
They might survive that against the Dbacks but the Phillies will eat them alive. Plus they can win at home and I highly doubt they strand as many RISP than we do.

Bruce Bochy is a GOAT.. I remember him suffering through all of those NL West wining /one and done Padres teams to breaking through and achieving greatness with the Giants. Dude is one helluva manager.

Bochy doesn't get enough respect in an all time sense IMO. Maybe it'll take for him to retire, but he doesn't get enough fanfare for what hes accomplished.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
It was so bad that I can't even be surprised at their season ending with a repeat of 2019. Though by how bad they got blown out in the last 2 games you'd never think they were the defending champs.
Last year was an outlier.. We won exactly 1 home game between the '19 and '21 WS... Its unexplainable. Last year we got by on great starting pitching ( for the most part) and a absolutely historic postseason BP..

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00