NFL GDT: 2023 AFC Wild Card Round: (3) Kansas City Chiefs vs (6) Miami Dolphins

KC vs MIA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
All they had to do was win the AFC East against Buffalo. Then Tua ‘Turn the Ball Over’ became Rick Mirer in the second half.
Wouldn't have mattered because then they would face the equally shitty task of having to beat the same team in back to back weeks with all the same injuries suffered.

Allen would have torn that defense to pieces in a rematch. Buffalo already had it figured out in the second half of week 18 and it would have been even worse without guys like Baker and Van Ginkel to stabilize the front seven

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Eh. I will say 41-17 KC. But....I'm still a tad worried about the offense and what would happen if they ent into Buffalo or Baltimore.

Dolphins can't eat good teams, especially on the road. And they are going into a hostile environment. Freezing weather.

After Miami loses, Tua likely plays on his 5th year option. Or, he gets a 35 million/year type deal. Dolphins have alot of big decisions to make.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

This avatar is in dire risk of being removed if they don't pound the rock close to or over 40 times Saturday night. The cutesy passing game just won't work in these conditions & Coach Nerd better get over his stubbornness and fast.

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
what a f***ing stupid ridiculous idea to have this be exclusively streaming. game I was most looking forward to this weekend and I can't even watch it on my cable tv I pay a lot of $ for

I completely get the streaming thing in general with younger generations using it primarily but a significant portion of the nfl fanbase hasn't died off yet and only has cable. ridiculous to not have a cable option in addition to any streaming crap

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Sure you can dress for it, but that doesn't mean i'd want to sit in it.

I did Bomber games in roughly the same weather and that shit was miserable.
Honestly -15 really isn't that cold if you are dressed for it. Wind does matter a lot though, if the wind is howling it can definitely feel worse. If I'm drinking 6-8 beers at a big game -15 really isn't so bad.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Honestly -15 really isn't that cold if you are dressed for it. Wind does matter a lot though, if the wind is howling it can definitely feel worse. If I'm drinking 6-8 beers at a big game -15 really isn't so bad.
If you are drinking six to eight beers at a football game, you're staying warm because you will be in the bathroom line waiting to take a piss lol.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Cold temps come in different packages.
Where I live 10k feet up. 15* dry ,no wind ,sunny can be pleasant.
KC is damp , so 15 in the shade ,damp,windy..that's no joke cold. Dudes won't be able yo undo their lids cause the fingers don't work ( I know these things riding motorcycles in all weather for fun) You can go out in that weather and be OK. But an hour later your froze. Go in at the half and warm up... none of those fools want back out.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
This is the Peacock game for everyone in America not living in the 2 markets.

With NBC/Peacock having THREE games next weekend, I am really eager to see what skeleton TV crew(s) they send to 1 or 2 of these games.
Yar matey, this pirate has never heard of Peacock. Sounds shittier than scurvy.

• Haha
Reactions: MMC

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Americans.

Put a toque on, grab them long johns. -15 with the windchill is light work.
First of all, you're underestimating it. The forecast for 8:00 PM in KC is 0 degrees fahrenheit and 13mph wind. That equates to -18 Fahrenheit wind chill, which is closer to -30 Celsius. And it's only going to get colder as the game progresses.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
First of all, you're underestimating it. The forecast for 8:00 PM in KC is 0 degrees fahrenheit and 13mph wind. That equates to -18 Fahrenheit wind chill, which is closer to -30 Celsius. And it's only going to get colder as the game progresses.
I'm currently in these very conditions, uncommon in my location, it's 0.. but wind and damp.. it's the type of cold that not only takes away your will to win but your will to live..
I'm acclimated to cold this time of year but there no such thing as being outdoors for hours in this. It will probably be better in KC but it will be borderline eyeball freezing cold ,This is going to get ugly..I literally mean eyeball freezing cold if it's anything like my current condition

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
T
Yup. Lived in Winnipeg my entire life and just because I can dress for it doesn't make it any less f***ing miserable. Usually the people who "just dress for it lol" are the first ones complaining too.

-30 with the wind blowing is enough where your facial hair starts to build up frost and other exposed areas are at risk of frostbite within minutes. The turf will be shit even with the heating underneath, the ball will be more akin to a brick and every hit will rattle the players even more to the bone.

Miami sure as hell isn't ready for that type of environment and at that point I'd seriously question if the Chiefs are too. They've played in cold, but not that cold.

Edit: there's also a kinda humorous irony here. Opposing fans are quick to point out how Hard Rock Stadium was essentially configured to cook/fry the away team in the Florida heat, which is totally true. You could argue this game is karmic justice for that.

Last edited:

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
It's almost like one's tolerance of cold is affected by where you grew up. Imagine that?

Oymyakon, Russia destroys any Canadian city or town in terms of consistently unholy winter temperatures. That doesn't make Winnipeg residents any less tough for their tolerance of cold.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Yeah I saw it changed to -30, that shit is cold no matter what lol. I wouldn't go in -30.

T

Yup. Lived in Winnipeg my entire life and just because I can dress for it doesn't make it any less f***ing miserable. Usually the people who "just dress for it lol" are the first ones complaining too.

-30 with the wind blowing is enough where your facial hair starts to build up frost and other exposed areas are at risk of frostbite within minutes. The turf will be shit even with the heating underneath, the ball will be more akin to a brick and every hit will rattle the players even more to the bone.

Miami sure as hell isn't ready for that type of environment and at that point I'd seriously question if the Chiefs are too. They've played in cold, but not that cold.

Edit: there's also a kinda humorous irony here. Opposing fans are quick to point out how Hard Rock Stadium was essentially configured to cook/fry the away team in the Florida heat, which is totally true. You could argue this game is karmic justice for that.
-30 and -15 are major differences though. -15 is really not that bad if you dress properly, if you didn't go outside in -15 you would never leave your house for 4 months here. -30 is completely miserable and not worth leaving the house lol so respect to anyone going to the game at -30.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Yeah I saw it changed to -30, that shit is cold no matter what lol. I wouldn't go in -30.

-30 and -15 are major differences though. -15 is really not that bad if you dress properly, if you didn't go outside in -15 you would never leave your house for 4 months here. -30 is completely miserable and not worth leaving the house lol so respect to anyone going to the game at -30.
Those players won't be dressed for it. Poor bastards

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Going with KC. You could not pay me enough money to attend this game in these temps.

BTW this is going to be Tirico with Jason ''everyone is awesome'' Garrett on the call. Tirico will then fly to Detroit to call the Sunday nighter.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

Weird as this may sound, these conditions could help the Dolphins. The stadium is likely not going to be full from what I am hearing & I think crowd noise won't be as bad as it could have been, if everyone is so bundled up to their faces. Conditions could affect Mahomes' passing game and the Dolphins defense right now is better equipped to stop the run. I just pray Coach Nerd leans on the running game even if its not working well at the start. If Tua tries to play hero ball like he tends to do, we are screwed.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Weird as this may sound, these conditions could help the Dolphins. The stadium is likely not going to be full from what I am hearing & I think crowd noise won't be as bad as it could have been, if everyone is so bundled up to their faces. Conditions could affect Mahomes' passing game and the Dolphins defense right now is better equipped to stop the run. I just pray Coach Nerd leans on the running game even if its not working well at the start. If Tua tries to play hero ball like he tends to do, we are screwed.

If he leans on the running game then in a really bizarre, backwards way these conditions might actually help Miami. The Dolphins still have their best two run stuffers in Wilkins and Sieler too.

KC's run game is eh and their rush defense is in the bottom half of the league.

If McDaniel thinks he's going to come out and have Tua throw 40-45 times then i would seriously question his decision making as a head coach.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If he leans on the running game then in a really bizarre, backwards way these conditions might actually help Miami. The Dolphins still have their best two run stuffers in Wilkins and Sieler too.

KC's run game is eh and their rush defense is in the bottom half of the league.

If McDaniel thinks he's going to come out and have Tua throw 40-45 times then i would seriously question his decision making as a head coach.
Basically if the weather forces him not to outsmart himself, it will be good for the Dolphins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad