NFL GDT: 2023 AFC Wild Card Round: (3) Kansas City Chiefs vs (6) Miami Dolphins

KC vs MIA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Peacock aren't the only ones who have done this. MLB Network and NBA TV have done the same.

Game will reappear on NFL Network later as well. I'm going with Miami in an upset.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
KC . Dolphins are just too banged up. This has all the makings of a potential Chiefs -Bills playoff rematch up in Buffalo ( for once ) next week but we'll see.

Last edited:

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
So the first chance to have Tyreek return to KC earlier in the year the NFL decided to put the game in Germany, and now the playoffs work out to give it to us and the thing is on Peacock, potentially cutting the audience quite a bit. For as much as the NFL does right, this is not one of those things

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Peacock aren't the only ones who have done this. MLB Network and NBA TV have done the same.

Game will reappear on NFL Network later as well. I'm going with Miami in an upset.
I would be beyond thrilled to watch KC die in torturous, painful fashion...but I don't see it.

This isn't the same KC offense, I know, but a broken Dolphins team winning on the road against the defending champions in cold weather? I don't see it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Dolphins are 0-7 since 2017 in games played with temps under 36 degrees. Unless they have an epiphany and run the ball over 40 times (with success) it will be 0-8. I've seen this movie way too many times. :cry:
McDaniel will run the ball 40 times in the first half, have it kill the Chiefs and then for some reason go away from it in the second half allowing them to win the game.

By far his most infuriating quirk and it's not particularly close.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kansas City

Streaming-only games should be banned.

This is why I'm against streaming services owning the rights to games. We're going to get to a point where you need subscriptions to 17 different services just to watch sports.

Yes but it wasn't noticeable. Given the popularity of football, this is different.

When's the last time a marquee (of sorts; two popular teams) matchup was on either of those and not on cable?

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
God the Dolphins are f***ing broken...and the game will be outdoors in weather colder than a Malamute's ass hair.

I really don't see a path for them here.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
This is why I'm against streaming services owning the rights to games. We're going to get to a point where you need subscriptions to 17 different services just to watch sports.

Yes but it wasn't noticeable. Given the popularity of football, this is different.

When's the last time a marquee (of sorts; two popular teams) matchup was on either of those and not on cable?
yeah its one thing to have some nba game out of a thousand on their streaming thing but an NFL playoff game is an entirely different ballpark

Reactions: Voight

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
God the Dolphins are f***ing broken...and the game will be outdoors in weather colder than a Malamute's ass hair.

I really don't see a path for them here.

All they had to do was win the AFC East against Buffalo. Then Tua ‘Turn the Ball Over’ became Rick Mirer in the second half.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
You guys are not getting that Gooddell making the Swifties pay to watch this thing is a stroke of genius?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Dolphins look like they’re just not gonna be able to keep enough guys on the field on defense.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
You guys are not getting that Gooddell making the Swifties pay to watch this thing is a stroke of genius?
Are you a shareholder in the NFL in any way? No? Then why the f*** do you care if those "nonprofits" make more money? How does that benefit you from a fan experience perspective?

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Chiefs

I do have Peacock, but I might just watch Hockey that night anyway in solidarity. I don't want a future where the Super Bowl is on Pay Per View, which is where we are heading.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Miami bringing in the corpses of Justin Houston and Bruce Irvin to attempt to create some illusion of a pass rush.

Both Jerome Baker and Andrew Van Ginkel are done for the remainder of the postseason too. Still no word on Waddle or Mostert.

They're cooked. Ain't no two ways about it.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Miami bringing in the corpses of Justin Houston and Bruce Irvin to attempt to create some illusion of a pass rush.

Both Jerome Baker and Andrew Van Ginkel are done for the remainder of the postseason too. Still no word on Waddle or Mostert.

They're cooked. Ain't no two ways about it.

Justin Houston I think has some gas left in the tank, Bruce Irvin is dumpster juice he sucks.
Irvin hasn't rushed the passer on a consistent bases since 2012 Seattle.

Guy robbed the Raiders of money, absolute BUM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad