NFL GDT: 2023 AFC Championship Game: (1) Baltimore Ravens vs (3) Kansas City Chiefs

BAL vs KC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
You always end up with crickets when the inevitable question of 'If there's a uniform plan to stopping Jackson in the playoffs, why isn't it applied to the regular season? Don't teams want to win there too?'

This guy gets studied week in week out and multiple posters here pretend to have him figured out while he wins a million games and accolades. What people genuinely refuse to acknowledge because it doesn't make for good discussion (and this can apply to other QBs as well) is that playoff samples constitute a tiny amount of games, so you can read a bunch into them albeit rather stupidly. Lamar in 2018 after 6 starts is not the same as Lamar in 2020 is not the same as Lamar in 2023 with a different OC (and etc.).

It's a similar story with Purdy (who's excellent). Lamar did not have a good game and deserves his share of the blame, no doubt about it. I'd say that's about all you can say besides getting into individual plays.
In the playoffs you are playing the best teams, but to be fair the Ravens roasted some good teams in the regular season.

There is no easy answer to this question, but when it comes down to it, Lamar needs to prove it in the playoffs and until he does this will hang over his head. It happened to Peyton Manning before him, you have to prove it in the playoffs to lose the playoff choker label.

He can do as much as he wants in the regular season now and it will not matter. If he has another bad game and another loss he will be criticized heavily.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
i don't get the whole "win if you force lamar to throw" thing. he won a number of games during the regular season doing exactly that, and against some good teams too

I mean it's not an instant win strategy. It's not like he can't throw the ball at all.

But it is the common thread in most games where he underwhelms. His most dangerous attribute is his legs. As a passer, he's fallible. I'm not going to say he's bad, or only average, or whatever, but whatever he is, he's a guy you can beat. Yeah he's also a guy who can beat you, but it beats letting him run a bunch.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It was incredibly stupid how a run-first team in Baltimore completely abandoned the run against a great passing defense and below-average running defense.

Still a few days later makes absolutely no sense to me.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

And this is just the beginning.......the Super Bowl will break every viewing record on the books and it won't even be close thanks to Travis & Tay-Tay!! :yo:

Finally the NFL figured out a scheme to get people to tune into the Super Bowl

• Haha
Reactions: keonsbitterness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad