Tribute 2023-24 season - POSITIVITY THREAD - PART 1

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I didn't post much in this thread. The injury bug was a concern and in the back of my mind. I guess it's expect the unexpected.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Bottom line is we can't worry about who is not here, as fans there's nothing we can do about it. We know at one point Norris and Pinto will be back during that that it will give the opportunity to Greig and Jarventie to play and show what they can do, it's a tough situation for them to be put it but that's the way it is. We still have enough good players to have a good start and stay competitive. No excuses boys!!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Since this year has effectively arrived. In a year when a whole lot of signs were pointing towards cracking the playoffs and getting off to a good start unlike .. well any year in recent memory. Norris not ready, Pinto not signed ; all the money's gone.. not so fast

I now wish to (as the thread title says) send out positive vibes for next year. Hopefully we have a new GM.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Since this year has effectively arrived. In a year when a whole lot of signs were pointing towards cracking the playoffs and getting off to a good start unlike .. well any year in recent memory. Norris not ready, Pinto not signed ; all the money's gone.. not so fast

I now wish to (as the thread title says) send out positive vibes for next year. Hopefully we have a new GM.
Nah.

Not this season. We get what we have waited for and that is depth all around.

No, we dont have a true 2 or 3 C (in reality 1B and 3C) but we have insulation everywhere else to make up for it.

I am not in agreement but it seems Chartier and one of Greig/Jarvi make the 2C. I would rather both youngsters make it and Chartier is the emergency recall, but for now it's fine.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I think it is so telling that they brought out lyndon and alfie on day one. They started this last year after Eugene passed.

I think the org realized that fans are nostalgic for those old days.

And i think the sens are old enough now that they can push the "history" angle and have it resonate well. I feel like maybe sens fans have a bit of a chip on our shoulder, being a younger team sandwiched between two rivals with long and storied histories.

They brought alfie out on two successive home openers. They brought in the ring of honour and some excellent induction events. They've brought out Neil and Philips numerous times. They never did much of that before.

Someone in the org deserves a big pat on the back for this. Fans have been eating it up. It resonates super well with me and I suspect with others as well.

if anyone from the org reads this -- kudos on that smart decision and keep it going.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I think it is so telling that they brought out lyndon and alfie on day one. They started this last year after Eugene passed.

I think the org realized that fans are nostalgic for those old days.

And i think the sens are old enough now that they can push the "history" angle and have it resonate well. I feel like maybe sens fans have a bit of a chip on our shoulder, being a younger team sandwiched between two rivals with long and storied histories.

They brought alfie out on two successive home openers. They brought in the ring of honour and some excellent induction events. They've brought out Neil and Philips numerous times. They never did much of that before.

Someone in the org deserves a big pat on the back for this. Fans have been eating it up. It resonates super well with me and I suspect with others as well.

if anyone from the org reads this -- kudos on that smart decision and keep it going.
Wonder why we don't see guys like Bonk or Van Allen; they played many season for the Sens and are/were doing hockey-related things in the area.

Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Wonder why we don't see guys like Bonk or Van Allen; they played many season for the Sens and are/were doing hockey-related things in the area.
I've wondered about the Bonk thing too. I'm guessing he wants to live life in relative anonymity

Vanner has been on and off involved hasn't he?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I've wondered about the Bonk thing too. I'm guessing he wants to live life in relative anonymity

Vanner has been on and off involved hasn't he?
I cant imagine there is a ton of money involved in this kind of stuff for them, and they probably have to negotiate some kind of fee with the team for participating throughout the year.

Basically volunteer work for millionaires who like to stay close to the game/org.

Probably a step up from hocking trucks/diamonds on the radio though (tell 'em Neiler sent ya! Dare to dream, Jason Spezza!).

And honestly, it'd be pretty cool if we built up a solid culture around alums staying involved with the org in one capacity or another. Pay them in comped boxes or whatever. Make it happen sens (corporate) team!

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I cant imagine there is a ton of money involved in this kind of stuff for them, and they probably have to negotiate some kind of fee with the team for participating throughout the year.

Basically volunteer work for millionaires who like to stay close to the game/org.

Probably a step up from hocking trucks/diamonds on the radio though (tell 'em Neiler sent ya! Dare to dream, Jason Spezza!).

And honestly, it'd be pretty cool if we built up a solid culture around alums staying involved with the org in one capacity or another. Pay them in comped boxes or whatever. Make it happen sens (corporate) team!
They have a comped box.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
The roster has so much scoring power on it right now.

Pure finishers:
- Brady
- Tank
- Kubalik

Goal-Heavy two-way guys:
- Norris
- Pinto
- Chychrun

Playmakers that can also score:
- Stu
- Bath (remember his goal streak when norris got injured?)
- Giroux (most goals of his career last season, insane to put a 35-goal scorer into a playmaker bucket but he's that good at both facets)

SHG threat:
- Jojo (at least shb threat)

We should score as much as any team in this league.

Reactions: DrEasy and aragorn

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Is it just me or are the sens being way more agressive in marketing/media?

We’ve seen several players a week giving radio interviews and more than just one station.

The sens are pumping out content on their twitter :

Seems they’re on my TL non stop. I love it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
BIG EMO response to players perceived performance after 3 games... where a couple have been lucky enough to cash in on some plays, or have pucks go in and others have been stopped or misfired on great chances.

I will 2nd all the positivity Greig is getting. Very solid young player that ,unless he hits a wall where he loses confidence, should stay up when Norris and Pinto are back.

The rest of the this guy is good , this guy is bad stuff is a small sample with some guys trying to fit into a new situation with new line mates that may not be performing yet either. The next 3 games could get a different reaction.

Reactions: aragorn

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Joseph's shot is what impresses me the most. We knew he had wheels but his shot is significantly quicker and harder. I don't see that needing a larger sample size.

I wonder what he did for such a dramatic difference in just 1 off season? He is following the Mathews/Bedard style of release now.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Holy shit do we ever look good on both sides of the puck, and on both special teams.

Still a young squad but they look to have taken the next big step.

Kudos to the staff and players to keep the positive progression moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad