Tribute 2023-24 season - POSITIVITY THREAD - PART 1

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Been thinking about this all day

This is the best shape we've been in in over 15 years.

It's pretty evident we can score. 3 lines that are a threat every shift.

We've got an emerging superstar on D that will anchor the top 4. Two guys slotted on the bottom pair that both played considerable top 4 minutes in the last two years.

Both special teams look good. The pk is a threat to score.

We've had good goaltending in 11 of 12 periods and two guys that are buds that will push one another

Last year we had a chance if everything went right on the health front. We're a far deeper team than we were at any point last year.

It just looks good all around.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

We've got an emerging superstar on D that will anchor the top 4. Two guys slotted on the bottom pair that both played considerable top 4 minutes in the last two years.

We've had good goaltending in 11 of 12 periods and two guys that are buds that will push one another

Last year we had a chance if everything went right on the health front. We're a far deeper team than we were at any point last year.

Taste the biscuit bud, and enjoy!

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020

During the 2021/2022 season, I was watching a game between the Sens and the Canucks.

The Sens were hemmed in their own end for about 5 minutes. I had to count the players, just to be sure it wasn't a 5 on 4 situation. I had just turned the TV on and wondered if I missed a 5 minute major penalty... No, it was just poor play.

yesterday, it was in reverse. The Sens had the Caps hemmed in and it looked like a 5 on 4 situation.

it was f'ng fantastic.

I will be on the 31 other team sites to troll them.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

I love how we have special teams units, both on PP and PK that can legitimately compete with each other on a nightly basis to show who’s best.

That Chartier kids has been a pretty awesome addition to the 4th line and PK. Him, Kasty and Kelly look like a legit energy line that can get ice time, and actually hem in the opposition with a solid cycle and fast physical forecheck.

Bran and Hammy also looked solid as a bottom pair, with Bran skating the puck out of trouble, and Hammy being his normal physical self.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

giphy.gif

Bon approves of this team. Even the little guy if he stays in the fold.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I'm surprised that those posters that like to scold other fans about being bad fans don't find this thread more popular. It seems like the right place to do this kind of thing versus all the other threads which have more specific & focused discussion. No?

Reactions: Xspyrit

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I'm surprised that those posters that like to scold other fans about being bad fans don't find this thread more popular. It seems like the right place to do this kind of thing versus all the other threads which have more specific & focused discussion. No?
Very surprising

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Success is so easy. All it takes is a bunch of uber offensively skilled players who play well defensively.

We have the former, but the players have no desire for the latter.

Bunch of uber offensively skilled players who can't play defense

Others who can play defense can't generate scoring chances 5on5

Leadership who really talks a big and is big on antics, but can't will this team to any meaningful wins

"Playoffs? I hope we can just win a game!"

Reactions: LiseL

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Should we update the title of this thread to the '24 season?

With a top 5 pick (and who knows how the lottery will go!) plus maybe a other 1st for Tank, an additional 2nd or 3rd for Kubalik we could be back to cheering on some great prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad