GDT: 2023-24 season game 37 LA Kings vs Tampa Bay Lightning @4:00pm 1/9/24

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Here are your current TOI leaders in the NHL.

PlayerTeamS/CPosGPTOI/GP
Drew DoughtyLAKRD
37​
26:02
Noah DobsonNYIRD
40​
25:51
John CarlsonWSHRD
38​
25:34
Seth JonesCHIRD
27​
25:25
Cam FowlerANALD
40​
25:12
Mike MathesonMTLLD
39​
25:04
Miro HeiskanenDALLD
37​
25:03
Rasmus DahlinBUFLD
40​
24:57
Brock FaberMINRD
39​
24:47
Cale MakarCOLRD
36​
24:45
Travis SanheimPHILD
39​
24:37
Kris LetangPITRD
39​
24:36
Charlie McAvoyBOSRD
32​
24:32
Victor HedmanTBLLD
40​

Reactions: chris kontos

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Oh but brilliant Gnome King GM
I looked a good 8 minutes for this. I had to hit the internet way back machine
1a_blakegnome.jpg

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I can't remember a situation similar to what's happening now with the Kings where the coach isn't replaced (capped out after GM just made his "over the top" trade while the team is freefalling after a hot start). I can't imagine that TM is still the coach by the time the team is back to LA.

AEG will give Blake at least another year but I can't see how he survives the optics of doing nothing to change things up when the team looks this lost. McClellan has got to go, I think it's almost inevitable at this point.
I hope you are right, who would you want as coach?

Here are your current TOI leaders in the NHL.

PlayerTeamS/CPosGPTOI/GP
Drew DoughtyLAKRD
37​
26:02
Noah DobsonNYIRD
40​
25:51
John CarlsonWSHRD
38​
25:34
Seth JonesCHIRD
27​
25:25
Cam FowlerANALD
40​
25:12
Mike MathesonMTLLD
39​
25:04
Miro HeiskanenDALLD
37​
25:03
Rasmus DahlinBUFLD
40​
24:57
Brock FaberMINRD
39​
24:47
Cale MakarCOLRD
36​
24:45
Travis SanheimPHILD
39​
24:37
Kris LetangPITRD
39​
24:36
Charlie McAvoyBOSRD
32​
Victor HedmanTBLLD
40​
Really should Doughty be playing all those minutes? If the best thing you bring to the table is being able to play large minutes, not sure that is enough.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I hope you are right, who would you want as coach?

Really should Doughty be playing all those minutes? If the best thing you bring to the table is being able to play large minutes, not sure that is enough.
Honestly Sutter would be at the top of my list as crazy as it sounds.

I think Berube could teach this team to stick up for each other and bring out whatever toughness the boys have in them. I can't see the Kings spending all this money and then giving the keys over to an unproven guy like Sturm.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Honestly Sutter would be at the top of my list as crazy as it sounds.

I think Berube could teach this team to stick up for each other and bring out whatever toughness the boys have in them. I can't see the Kings spending all this money and then giving the keys over to an unproven guy like Sturm.
The sad part is that they totally would try and make Sturm coach since they've been trying that for so long.

Berube would be a good choice to light a fire under this team. I've seen Gallant mentioned but I wouldn't go near him. He's even worse at incorporating younger guys into the lineup than Todd

Reactions: kinghock

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
The Faber trade isn't going to sting nearly as much as the PLD trade. Faber was a great prospect, but he was in a logjam and we got one of our best players back in return who is signed long-term in their prime. The PLD trade is shaping up to trading a now better-producing winger, our best utility forward, and a couple of decent throw-ins for a pylon that has a boat anchor of a contract that will financially crippple the organization for nearly a decade. They aren't even comparable in my opinion.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Regarding Carrlyn, I admire her talent and not doubting she earned her role, but I always think she's meant to be catering to the 6-12 age group by the way she speaks.

Seeing her and Darryl together is very incongruous to my senses.
Not many are aware of this, but Darryl Evans was in charge of giving the ice girls skating lessons.

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
The Faber trade isn't going to sting nearly as much as the PLD trade. Faber was a great prospect, but he was in a logjam and we got one of our best players back in return who is signed long-term in their prime. The PLD trade is shaping up to trading a now better-producing winger, our best utility forward, and a couple of decent throw-ins for a pylon that has a boat anchor of a contract that will financially crippple the organization for nearly a decade. They aren't even comparable in my opinion.
100%. Fiala is a great player, even with some of his questionable decisions. Which of the Doughty/Roy/Spence/Clarke players are you going to dump for Faber? Has to be 2 of those.

I dunno, BtoP, having been a low level team sport player in my agile days, a group was definitely more gee'd up and on their toe's when the captain was strong and acting like a petit général.

It's human nature to look to the chosen leader and they are extremely useful at crux time. They can make others clutch.

My disagreement with you is made with all due respect!
I would just like to officially go on record and say you have the best name on this board.

I’m mad too. But fellas. It’s a good team. A point on the road against a good team? Take it and run.
Normally I would agree with you. However, it's the same old story on a different day. Have lead, give up lead, go to overtime, lose in overtime or shootout. I think we would give Todd a break if he puts the fastest/skilled players on the ice.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Playing Iafallo at center would have been a better move that the dipshit trade for PLD. Don't care if he's never played center in his life. Couldn't possibly be worse. PLD has 16 points and the year is nearly half done. Even Huberdeau isn't that bad, and Calgary fans want to launch him into a brick wall.
Iafallo was a center in college. He was only converted to a wing once he joined the Kings. AI is actually a part of that group that "failed" alongside Vilardi, Kupari, Byfield, etc.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Even better (worse?).
No way it would have been worse. Doubly so now that we know what PLD actually brings. Both AI and PLD are bad at faceoffs, and streaky scorers, the only differences are AI cost half as much and you never questioned his work ethic (his hockey sense maybe, sure).

To me you can do a heck of alot worse at center than Kopitar, Danault, Iafallo, Lizotte at Center. All 4 are hard working tenacious forwards you can build around.
But that requires Todd to actually use all his lines, which isn't happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad