GDT: 2023-24 season game 37 LA Kings vs Tampa Bay Lightning @4:00pm 1/9/24

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Need to hire someone to follow around PLD and just make him angry so he actually plays like he gives a crap. Some softie coach like Koala ain't gonna do it, and I'd actually have some belief he'd be fired if his bestie old boys' club leader Rob actually knew what it takes to win

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Anyone else see Moore try to stab/launch PLD

This is the only part I read and turned it into fantasy

Michael Amadio has more points than Dubois. Nick Foligno has more points than Dubois. Alex Iafallo and Gabe Vilardi have more points than Dubois. Brock Faber has more points than Dubois!

This was a franchise-altering trade in the worst way possible.

And if it were just the points it would be bad enough

He's actively sabotaging the team with bad D and puck mgmt and somehow being a giant that loses puck battles repeatedly to peewees then just shrugs

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
There’s many things frustrating to me…
1. Kopitar is FINE. But you keep his icetime lower and maybe not have the first line be such a hard set deployment.
2. I think Byfield started the year really well and to see him taking games off and pretty much being a non factor when Kopitar fell off is extremely disappointing for a player of his supposed ilk. He should be standing out despite Kopitar playing worse.
3. I like Spence overall but he has his Durzi moments and it’s super unbelievable how often he’s in the wrong position.
4. I f***ing hate Matt Roy, this dumb mofo is ALWAYS standing by Talbot while they score from around the net. I don’t GIVE A f*** what the stats say I’ve seen it way too often that this dumb ass gets beat every game in front of the net doing nothing. Hes the most overrated player on the Kings and it’s not close.
5. Rob Blake and his butt buddies need to go. This team is going nowhere fast and the Kings will be just as f***ed if todd is the only one fired. This dumb f*** Rob Blake hired Willie D of all coaches after Stevens got canned. The guy is a f***ing moron.
6. f*** PLD.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I saw the score and am actually happy. When you really don’t believe the team is good enough, the roster is massively problematic, and the coach and GM are clueless, the only hope is for them to keep losing until something changes.

Yep. Hate to say it but at this point I'm actively rooting for change.

It was already clear they could do nothing in the playoffs but when that same choking mentality catches on in the regular season we are actually Andy Murraying our way into the black hole and these guys should NOT get another free pass, last season's chokefest was enough.

The year before it was awww, your'e ahead of schedule and injured, it's okay that you choked the series lead, you took it to game 7 *pats on head*

Last year it was welp, we choked away a game and series lead, but we weren't totally ready. What are you going to do when the best player in the world goes nuclear? ...oh, they were out in the next round? Huh, imagine that.

This year it's WE ARE A CONTENDER LOOK AT THIS ROAR buuuut surprise we're regressing and on pace for a worse record than last year despite all the continuity, the 'big trade,' a road record winning streak, a favorable home schedule, and some of the best health in the league.

This team is one Danault injury away from a complete playoff miss.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Today's 3C was Lizotte. Found him.
Well if you think that PLD is that third centerman, then you are just as mistaken as Blake is. PLD is garbage. I would have trade some players lower on the dept chart to pay Vilardi. Vilardi scoring on the wing is still much better than that sory a** Pld doing abosolutly nothing and promised to do nothing but collect 8.5 mill a year.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If you’re a true fan of this team then you should root for them to fail right now IMO

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
As I said, we had no cap space to afford one worth a damn. ROR 4yrs @4.5, 18 mil, age 33, Matt Duechene 33, 3 mil, ... Would you really be cool signing a 33 year old to a 4 year deal 18 mil deal?

We had like 3 cents left after Gav was signed, with Gabe contract not done or any goalies.

Bahahaa! You're so funny!:laugh:
So you are saying the solution was trading Vilardi and two other players to bring in PLD a socalled centerman. How is that working out. We know not good at all. I would have traded a couple of players lower on the dept chart to make room for Vilardi and bring up the young prospects to make up the slack. The PLD trade has killed the Kings for years now cause he gets paid 8.5 million and brings absolutley nothing to the table. Hell a bag of pucks is more valuable than PLD is. and that bag doesn't cost nowhere near what PLD is costing the Kings. When Kopi is done the Kings will have no centermen.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not a surprise at all but i can't find any postgame coverage.

Getting any info out of this org is like breaking into fort knox, doubly so when they don't have super good news to share.

These guys deserve the worst.

Edit: oh I take it back, we got this, followed by condescension

seriously f*** almost everyone even peripherally involved with this org right now, if you're covering for them by responding to fans with smugness you deserve to be in the trash with them.

Reactions: RocketKing

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017
Yeah. Great player and HOF-bound, but I don't think he is captain material.
He says he wants to lead with his play not his voice.

That creates a problem because, though as you say, he is a HOF player, he's so slow now that at the end of games maybe he can't lead with his play and leads are going away. It's then that they need the binding force of an aggressive voice.

It's time for a young captain with a big gob IMHO.

Oh, and TM needs an OT coach.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
As I said, we had no cap space to afford one worth a damn. ROR 4yrs @4.5, 18 mil, age 33, Matt Duechene 33, 3 mil, ... Would you really be cool signing a 33 year old to a 4 year deal 18 mil deal?

We had like 3 cents left after Gav was signed, with Gabe contract not done or any goalies.

Bahahaa! You're so funny!:laugh:
I would take any of thise deals over an 8 year, $68 million player whose underachieving was something a lot of us saw coming.

Need to trade Iafallo or Vilardi for more cap space? Send them to Winnipeg for other players (or picks) and let Winnipeg deal PLD to Montreal or some other team.

The truly funniest part here is thinking the trade for PLD was the best Blake could do, when he created these circumstances to begin with.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
At the end of the day its a team effort and I'm sure there's a lot going on behind the scenes in each individual's life, which is coalescing into what we're seeing on the ice. A season is made up of ebb and flows, and right now we're in an ebb. The regular season means very little as long as you make it into the playoffs and f*** it up. Presidents trophy means jack shit and is a curse. I did like that Todd challenged that obvious no goal, so @ least he's not completely f***ing oblivious. We also need to stop focusing on how every ex-King player is doing so well outside of the org, its kind of toxic. Vilardi can f*** off with his fragile glass bones. I'm sure Blake had every intention of improving the team. PLD enjoy LA and be whiskey (don't be opiate).

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
The team doesn’t suck but there is obviously something wrong , you don’t start a season like they did, and then suddenly forget how to play f***ing hockey , adjustments are needed but TM seems over his head , someone mentioned Andy Murray, and this seems like that year. It was Luke’s last year, where we were in first place, on New Year’s Day and finished out of the playoffs. Don’t know what’s wrong, but changing our third pairing isn’t the answer we need a better third and fourth line guys and we need somebody like a Hegel or a bunting or one of those guys to go in there and mix it up get the crowd and or the team pumped up late They always seem on their heels like the end of the world is coming and then it does self-fulfilling prophecies are bullshit and so is everybody saying they’re happy the teams losing f*** you guys too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad