GDT: 2023-24 season game 37 LA Kings vs Tampa Bay Lightning @4:00pm 1/9/24

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Damn, Vilardi is tearing it up with the Jets, Kings could surely use him scoring goals but sorry Blake trades him for PLD who is worse than a bag of pucks.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I thought Blake made the PLD trade because LA needed a 1st line center to take over for Kopitar. Because Byfield wasn't developing as fast as they thought he should. It might be time to move Byfield to center his natural position, and Kopitar to the wing.
Kopitar needs to retire. He looks like a recently reanimated zombie out there. Oh but brilliant Gnome King GM signed him to what a two year deal after he’s 35? Ridiculous. Then throw in this Dan Cloutier disaster like PLD contract? Kings are really missing Solomon it seems.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Damn, Vilardi is tearing it up with the Jets, Kings could surely use him scoring goals but sorry Blake trades him for PLD who is worse than a bag of pucks.

how much better would they be? Gabe showed he's better at the wing than center. We were capped out before the trade and Gabe wanted to get paid, so where would find a 3c we could afford?

Reactions: Ghetty Green

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
@AbsentMojo I believe it was you, if not, I apologize but you asked me what I thought was missing, or the problem was?

This game, defines it, it's the alarming lack of detail, lack of basics, 1st goal, it's a 2 on 4 for TB....Lizotte and not sure who the other guy was, were focused on the 2x2 behind the net, watching, watching the puck, neither picked up the guy, if they had an ounce of basic awareness, head's on a swivel, they pick up him, still might of scored, but f*** make it hard.

2nd goal, - Grundstrom, puck watching, and f***, Grundstrom loves to hit, just f***ing hit him there, case solved, puck doesn't matter there, just f***ing hit him, he's cutting across the middle, hit him.

3rd goal - Moore was even to the puck, instead of staggering behind, two other players jumped as well, they were trying to force play out of the zone, but Moore takes about 3 steps back, to stagger himself to the puck, he's not beat.

There were countless others, but I'm just remarking on the goals,

So, yea, attention to detail is a big factor here....

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
@AbsentMojo I believe it was you, if not, I apologize but you asked me what I thought was missing, or the problem was?

This game, defines it, it's the alarming lack of detail, lack of basics, 1st goal, it's a 2 on 4 for TB....Lizotte and not sure who the other guy was, were focused on the 2x2 behind the net, watching, watching the puck, neither picked up the guy, if they had an ounce of basic awareness, head's on a swivel, they pick up him, still might of scored, but f*** make it hard.

2nd goal, - Grundstrom, puck watching, and f***, Grundstrom loves to hit, just f***ing hit him there, case solved, puck doesn't matter there, just f***ing hit him, he's cutting across the middle, hit him.

3rd goal - Moore was even to the puck, instead of staggering behind, two other players jumped as well, they were trying to force play out of the zone, but Moore takes about 3 steps back, to stagger himself to the puck, he's not beat.

So why has the team lost its attention to detail? I think having a new guy paid that much half assing it really hearts team morale. You know when one guy isnt giving it his all some guys see that and may not make that extra effort to get a puck out of the zone... a theory..so Im saying PLD is hurting them by not producing and his stench is rippling through the team... similar to when Peterson was total dogshit... something needed to be done and they sent him to the A.. things got better.

Reactions: Kudelski37

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
how much better would they be? Gabe showed he's better at the wing than center. We were capped out before the trade and Gabe wanted to get paid, so where would find a 3c we could afford?
It's not smart to pay 3 centers the amount of money the Kings are paying. Some of that money is going to have to be paid to a no 1 goalie. Hopefully Turcotte can be the 3rd line center in the future.

Reactions: kingsfan28

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
So why has the team lost its attention to detail? I think having a new guy paid that much half assing it really hearts team morale. You know when one guy isnt giving it his all some guys see that and may not make that extra effort to get a puck out of the zone... a theory..so Im saying PLD is hurting them by not producing and his stench is rippling through the team... similar to when Peterson was total dogshit... something needed to be done and they sent him to the A.. things got better.

Again, things came easy, when things come easy you don't have to work as hard, you still have that attention to detail, when things become harder, you have to work harder to get that same attention to detail, they aren't doing it,

It's easy to point at PLD and say, see HE is the problem, simply fact is NONE of us know, we can only surmise, you can watch him half-ass on a play and then assume everyone else is doing the same because he is, that's the easy way out....

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
It's not like there were no centers available in free agency or anything...

As I said, we had no cap space to afford one worth a damn. ROR 4yrs @4.5, 18 mil, age 33, Matt Duechene 33, 3 mil, ... Would you really be cool signing a 33 year old to a 4 year deal 18 mil deal?

We had like 3 cents left after Gav was signed, with Gabe contract not done or any goalies.

Today's 3C was Lizotte. Found him.

Bahahaa! You're so funny!:laugh:

Reactions: sinister6000

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
As I said, we had no cap space to afford one worth a damn. ROR 4yrs @4.5, 18 mil, age 33, Matt Duechene 33, 3 mil, ... Would you really be cool signing a 33 year old to a 4 year deal 18 mil deal?

We had like 3 cents left after Gav was signed, with Gabe contract not done or any goalies.

Bahahaa! You're so funny!:laugh:
Lol what are you talking about? We had no cap space to afford one worth a damn? We're now using 8.5 million on one not worth a damn and for 8 years. You're acting like it was impossible to trade Iafallo and Kupari without also trading Vilardi.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018

Well said.

The d zone coverage lately has been pathetic.

And why do we always go to a prevent defense when we get up multiple goals ? Would it not make sense to keep attacking? Especially when the prevent defense has been our downfall the last 2 years?

well, we know TM only trust 6 guys in OT and he wasn't one of them . He and Byfield saw 0 min in OT last year. Lizzo and Carl saw more icetime. I was really surprised to see PLD out there. Looked like a fish out of water. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
His OT decision are idiotic. Qb can't get a shift ? Meanwhile PD24 getting sent out there multiple times likes he's some game breaker ?

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The first quarter of the season, Talbot was posting Hasek numbers and the Byfield-Kopitar-Kempe line was arguably the best in the league.

Fast forward, those extremes regressed to the mean, and the team is just not very good, exactly what most of us thought coming into the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad