GDT: 2023-24 season game 31 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:00pm 12/27/23

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Honestly Todd is as smart as a bag of hammers but he made a bold and auspicious move there in a really [checks notes] crucial game against the worst team in the league
Yeah maybe he can start benching Doughty after his tenth hour of holding onto the puck during the PP to inevitably blast it off someone’s shin lol

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
How the hell did Laf get the instigator when the SJ guy dropped the gloves first and it was on. That whole sequence was terribly handled by the refs. No penalty, yeah ok..
Missed the game but Just saw the whole sequence. F**k these pathetic refs. Total interference and then gets only 5 for fighting. WTF are these refs looking at. Seriously NHL has gone NBA level sh*t reffing. Mad props to young Laf. Anyone else would have tucked their tail in. Kid took a couple for the team. Way to go Laf.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Missed the game but Just saw the that whole sequence. F**k these pathetic refs. Total interference and then gets only 5 for fighting. WTF are these refs looking at. Seriously NHL has gone NBA level sh*t reffing. Mad props to young Laf. Anyone else would have tucked their tail in. Kid took a couple for the team. Way to go Laf.

His hands and chin are gonna be sore, his knuckles were tore up in the box. Two fights in just a few months of NHL action, gotta love him stepping up, setting an example for others. Just wish we had a Crouse or someone cruising around to help.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Who the heck are we gonna sit when Arvy is back?
May not need to worry about that for a long while, if at all.

Kings first was very bad. Do that against the Oilers or Knights and LA is losing next two games

Dunno about that, they are building the right way.....Will Smith was just the first piece.

2 cups to zero.. bottom 3 team compared to top 3 team.

Alot of people were saying LA was building the "right" way when the kings had the top prospect pool in the league. Some rebuilds/retools work, some get derailed, some change path. too early to tell what the sharks will be, but I am more scared of what Anaheim is building

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
the refs in this game are the reason there will always be a place for thugs/enforcers in the nhl. first , even the best ones cant see everything and alot of what they dont see can and does endure. second, inexperienced/incompetent refs allow obvious fouls/injuries that can not only endure but like the fouls on arty last nite can be career or even life threatening. teams in intense competition will push the rules limits to the max and in the process we wind up with something thats not even hockey.
i knew something was up this season when in september the leauge served notice on the teams and the coaches to take it easy on the refs- that they werent going to put up with the intimidation from the benches. every year i think the officiating cant possibly get any worse. and it ALWAYS does. think that hack from the sharks that boarded arty will hear from parros? i dont.

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah

Kings first was very bad. Do that against the Oilers or Knights and LA is losing next two games

Alot of people were saying LA was building the "right" way when the kings had the top prospect pool in the league. Some rebuilds/retools work, some get derailed, some change path. too early to tell what the sharks will be, but I am more scared of what Anaheim is building
I fully expect the Ducks to land Celebrini.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Missed the game but Just saw the that whole sequence. F**k these pathetic refs. Total interference and then gets only 5 for fighting. WTF are these refs looking at. Seriously NHL has gone NBA level sh*t reffing. Mad props to young Laf. Anyone else would have tucked their tail in. Kid took a couple for the team. Way to go Laf.

That is such a ridiculous no call. If it isn't interference, how is it not boarding? Kunin never even looked at the puck and just threw the hit.

Reactions: ru4reals

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015

PLD just skates by Kaliyev after like "oh damn, that sucks bro". Meanwhile Laf...

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015

Jim Fox on Twitter the other day said his guess, nothing official, was that Arvy could be back in February.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That is such a ridiculous no call. If it isn't interference, how is it not boarding? Kunin never even looked at the puck and just threw the hit.

Its' truly insane, and they were letting the Sharks blast guys away from the puck all night. Lizotte got blindsided at LEAST 3 times.

Reactions: ru4reals

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Pretty unbelievable that Kunin didn’t get any penalty for that illegal hit. Seems that the Kings have been a victim of dangerous hits going unpunished whilst every cut and or minor risky play committed by the Kings has been reviewed then penalized heavily. The NHL needs to fix this shit because it’s so out of hand and inconsistent

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009

Ottawa, Buffalo have a ton of young talent. Prospects are just that without some culture to go with it.

It's a fine line really.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Pretty unbelievable that Kunin didn’t get any penalty for that illegal hit. Seems that the Kings have been a victim of dangerous hits going unpunished whilst every cut and or minor risky play committed by the Kings has been reviewed then penalized heavily. The NHL needs to fix this shit because it’s so out of hand and inconsistent
The nhl will NEVER fix this shit its gone on for 50yrs that i know of. Its one way the leauge controls and maintaintains competativenesd to keep people watching and sell commercial time. This also is more reasons that teams need thugs/enforcers/physical players to retaliate when the rules are not enforced.

This website is practically unuseable

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

I was being a bit facetious there, Anaheim has the right blocks, but people were saying that about Buffalo....and Edmonton etc.....it was more of a jab that there is a "right" way to build a team more than anything.

Reactions: YP44

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
It did. My theory is that sitting Fiala for a couple of shifts made an impact. It needed to happen.

inexplicable 1) to miss the interference - Kaliyev never touched the puck.. 2) what you mentioned re instigator

Not necessarily defending it, but it's easy to see how they missed it, 1st ref in the zone, was on the opposite side of the net, extremely difficult to tell from his angle if Kaliyev played the puck, he'd be trying to look through the bodies, literally etc, ref outside the zone looked like he was screened out by Anderson on the back end, and neither one of them are going to guess at a call like that....kinda ridiculous to get a roughing call there, and a fighting call, guess they didn't want to call the instigator, but that should have been both 5 for fighting and off you go if you missed the interference etc,

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad