GDT: 2023-24 season game 31 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:00pm 12/27/23

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Jim fox orthopedic surgeon.
Jim fox neurosurgeon.
Jim fox registered physical therapist specializing in spinal injury rehab.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Missed the game but Just saw the that whole sequence. F**k these pathetic refs. Total interference and then gets only 5 for fighting. WTF are these refs looking at. Seriously NHL has gone NBA level sh*t reffing. Mad props to young Laf. Anyone else would have tucked their tail in. Kid took a couple for the team. Way to go Laf.

I need someone to make a video edit about all the stupid non calls this year. Don’t know how the reffing has gotten worse this season

Reactions: ru4reals

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I need someone to make a video edit about all the stupid non calls this year. Don’t know how the reffing has gotten worse this season

I think it's 1. the game is too fast for them and 2. an influx of new young refs

It's gonna take some time to sort out

but some of this shit happened right in front of their eyes last night it's not like it was a high stick behind the play behind three bodies

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Jim fox orthopedic surgeon.
Jim fox neurosurgeon.
Jim fox registered physical therapist specializing in spinal injury rehab.

Forgot, Jim Fox, talks to team medical personnel....

But I'm not surprised you taking low potshots, because you can't think two steps ahead.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
The more concerning thing to me was of course arty's well being but the lack of team involvement after laferiere turned himself into a punching bag. One of arty's "teamates" should have retailiated on kunin later in a more subtle manner. But i guess not.

Reactions: YP44

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
The game is definitely too fast for refs to have accurate calls in real time. I wish more penalties could be reviewed, which would lead to more precise officiating. Its not like they can't take a look literally right after the play happened.

Anyways, hopefully Dubios, Fiala, and Kempe are on the cusp of a hot streak. Their production is sorely missed when they don't score. I really like Rittich as a goalie as well, he's positionally sound and makes timely saves.

Reactions: Schrute farms

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Everyones WTF expressions and comments in this clip is spot on.

that one blows my mind

that the back ref can see neiderreiter kick up in a clearly failed slewfoot attempt and go "gee willikers he didn't deserve that mild brush across his face!"

makes sense when you see the score obviously, just like the knights game last night

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
that one blows my mind

that the back ref can see neiderreiter kick up in a clearly failed slewfoot attempt and go "gee willikers he didn't deserve that mild brush across his face!"

makes sense when you see the score obviously, just like the knights game last night
Playing against the nhl golden boy so we are definitely gonna get screwed by the refs

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The game is definitely too fast for refs to have accurate calls in real time. I wish more penalties could be reviewed, which would lead to more precise officiating. Its not like they can't take a look literally right after the play happened.

Anyways, hopefully Dubios, Fiala, and Kempe are on the cusp of a hot streak. Their production is sorely missed when they don't score. I really like Rittich as a goalie as well, he's positionally sound and makes timely saves.

Disagree, in the sense that, are there truly missed calls, absolutely....are there calls that fans think are penalties, but doesn't rise to the level of the official or even the player, that's probably 80% of the non-calls you see, not missed, just doesn't rise to the level, now that level has come down a helluva lot than what it was 10-20-30 years ago, but the number of "missed" calls is a lot rarer than you think...

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
PLD just skates by Kaliyev after like "oh damn, that sucks bro". Meanwhile Laf...
Exactly!!! Little Marco Rossi saw kaprizov get smoked and immediately came to his defense. Don't have to fight all the time but let them know we got each other's back. Kings have been so soft for years now and and so damn good to see a young player like Laf show much needed balls.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
You know what else would help is literally anyone else with more than 30 nhl games coming to his aid.
Laffywas not drafted to be an inforcer or really even a physical presence.
Its not a good look for any team when a teamate gets run with a questionable or cheap shot is applied and no teamates come to thier aid. This is not the first time this has happened and it speaks of a larger issue

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Laffywas not drafted to be an inforcer or really even a physical presence.
Its not a good look for any team when a teamate gets run with a questionable or cheap shot is applied and no teamates come to thier aid. This is not the first time this has happened and it speaks of a larger issue
I said this last season when the Kings lost in the playoffs and i stand by it, teams often take on the identity of their captains.

Since Kopitar got the C, the Kings have become a highly talented group that far too often lacks a willingness to get involved in any of the rough stuff or defend each other. They are far too nice, and that all applies to Kopitar.
Great, great player, but I'm not sure he should be the C if this team is going to get to the next level. Also not sure what other option there is on the roster.

Reactions: chris kontos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad