Prospect Info: 2023-24 prospect information - BUT WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO PLAY?!

Prospect polls starting on 2/3 - what to do with #1?

• Get the formality over with and give Nikishin #1

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Start at the #1 prospect vote and give room for debate at the spot

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
They will have to count on at least 1 rookie forward on an ELC next year, ad quite possibly, more than 1. I think Unger Sorum has the inside track, but wouldn’t be terribly surprised if Suzuki finally put it all together. Suzuki would no longer be on his ELC, but if he’s re-signed, it’s likely to be close to league minimum.

I also wouldn’t count out Comtois making the team next season on a league min deal, like Lemiuex.

I don’t see a path for Blake to be on the roster next season unless he absolutely blows the doors off at camp. If he signs, seems like a year in the AHL would be in order before challenging for a spot in 25-26. He’s certainly not a Necas replacement.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
what has anyone seen in him in the AHL to think he should be in the NHL? His injuries, especially the eye, have been very unfortunate but in my view they've completely derailed his career and he won't ever be a productive NHL player.

There is a chance, albeit slight, that Blake could show out in camp and basically take Noesen's slot in the bottom 6. I think FUS makes the team next year though, he honestly almost did this year...
Team will need to replace noesen’s “grit” though. Can’t have a 4th line of “small” players.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
There have been a lot of murmurs in the last few months that make it sound like we have a deal in place that can't be announced until the offseason. Crossing my fingers that it ain't Chicago again.
Anyone have any inside scoop on where our AHL team will be? You would think they would want to announce soon with season tickets and all. I vote for Greensboro, NC. Nice and close to Raleigh.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Anyone have any inside scoop on where our AHL team will be? You would think they would want to announce soon with season tickets and all. I vote for Greensboro, NC. Nice and close to Raleigh.
No chance it is a relocation for next season at this point. They are either going back to Chicago or have a purchase in place that will stay in its current location for at least next season.

With what Charlotte had for travel expenses I doubt they relocate the affiliate to the Carolinas.

Reactions: DaveG

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
No chance it is a relocation for next season at this point. They are either going back to Chicago or have a purchase in place that will stay in its current location for at least next season.

With what Charlotte had for travel expenses I doubt they relocate the affiliate to the Carolinas.
Thought bridges were burned with the Chicago Wolves organization?

What is the story with Charlottes travel costs?

Reactions: Chan790

poobags

8) 8) 8( 8)
Jan 27, 2013
Washington
We seem to be signing a bunch of prospects. What's our AHL roster going to look like?

B. Nadeau - R. Suzuki - N. Gunler
Gleb - A. Pashin - F. Unger Sörum

Ryzan Suzuki is an RFA. So is Tieksola

R. Seeley - S. Morrow
D. Fensore - A. Heimosalmi
A. Honka

Y. Perets

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Im still on the Springfield and Providence guesses for AHL team based on their ownership situations

Reactions: DaveG

AlBundy

Jun 9, 2015
Is this serious ?

How can Blake be finalist for player of the year and be on the 2nd team for CHN ?

Reactions: Stickpucker

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Is this serious ?

How can Blake be finalist for player of the year and be on the 2nd team for CHN ?

Different people have different takes. The guys who got on the first team all deserved it, especially at forward. Leonard had one less point than Blake and his team went further, which may matter here. As great a season as Blake had I was a little surprised he was a finalist for the Hobey.

It’s a popularity contest in the end. This particular vote seems NHL pick biased to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad