Prospect Info: 2023-24 prospect information - BUT WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO PLAY?!

Prospect polls starting on 2/3 - what to do with #1?

• Get the formality over with and give Nikishin #1

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Start at the #1 prospect vote and give room for debate at the spot

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
To follow up on this I’m watching a little bit of UConn/Vermont and when the Huskies (at home) scored they rocked the original actual Brass Bonanza song over the loud speakers.

If we have a rough off season I may go full NCAA next year…
I’m pretty sure the buses they take the students to the XL Center from campus is called the Brass Bonanza bus. They built a new rink on campus though so i dont know how often they play in Hartford anymore.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I’m pretty sure the buses they take the students to the XL Center from campus is called the Brass Bonanza bus. They built a new rink on campus though so i dont know how often they play in Hartford anymore.
Looks a lot more varried in the teams they play there than I'd imagine. Some make sense: Maine (this year at least), Quinnipiac, and maybe Lowell make some sense. Others, not so much. Dartmouth and Sacred Heart both get big WTFs from me, and they hosted BC, BU, and Northeastern at the on-campus location so that must be suitably big in its own right.

Reactions: zman77

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Looks a lot more varried in the teams they play there than I'd imagine. Some make sense: Maine (this year at least), Quinnipiac, and maybe Lowell make some sense. Others, not so much. Dartmouth and Sacred Heart both get big WTFs from me, and they hosted BC, BU, and Northeastern at the on-campus location so that must be suitably big in its own right.
Sacred Heart and Quinipiac games were the CT Beanpot rip off.

Dartmouth was Thanksgiving weekend so no one on campus. I think the Maine games were when school was on break.

Reactions: DaveG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Per a main board poster. He thinks Gleb is coming to the AHL next season.

"To me he's doing ok, he's about where he should be. It looks like he's going to go to NA so they sent him to MHL, the same situation as with Demidov, but Demidov is signed for another year, and Trikozov's contract is over in 1.5 months. I think he'll play in the AHL next season, and it's going to be a good test for him."

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

"To me he's doing ok, he's about where he should be. It looks like he's going to go to NA so they sent him to MHL, the same situation as with Demidov, but Demidov is signed for another year, and Trikozov's contract is over in 1.5 months. I think he'll play in the AHL next season, and it's going to be a good test for him."

GLEB! motherf@#kers! :arr:

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

I had always wondered if Gleb's unwillingness to sign an extension kept him from getting more opportunity.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
the question is, whch AHL team is Gleb playing for....on a related note, has there been any additional info on the potential AHL affiliate for the canes?
32 AHL Thoughts: 'Where Do We Go From Here?'

This was the most recent thing I saw a couple of weeks ago. Many of the first several thoughts have some interesting info. Elliotte was mentioning around the time of the deadline he'd heard from sources that one way or another, he'd heard our situation sounded like it would work out. I'm assuming we end up having a grudging partnership with Chicago again. I think Elliotte did also mention Baltimore like the article at one point, but we'll see if they find a team to buy and/or move.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
In addition to guys on NHL roster needing new deals, we have a few with expiring contracts due new deals. Thoughts on Suzuki & Coghlan among others getting new deals?

1710883107349.png

Reactions: Bridgeburner96

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
In addition to guys on NHL roster needing new deals, we have a few with expiring contracts due new deals. Thoughts on Suzuki & Coghlan among others getting new deals?

View attachment 838323
I think Suzuki is likely now. With Pono gone they will want to keep him in the system, and he’s shown he can be productive if he can just stay healthy…

Coghlan, less so. 26, arbitration rights, and never seemed to get comfortable with the system? Time to move on.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Big games for UMASS and Maine. If they lose today they are likely done. Both games around 7:20 start times.
Not looking good for Morrow and UMass at the moment. Down 4-1 in the late 2nd.

#MorrowWatch soon?

Not looking good for Morrow and UMass at the moment. Down 4-1 in the late 2nd.

#MorrowWatch soon?
Now 5-1…

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
lol I’m behind too. ESPN plus just started the UMass game, I just spoiled it opening this up this thread. Morrow coughed up two passes on his first shift. The second one should’ve had a forward on the end of it but no one was there. First was just soft up the middle and he lost his guy with the puck behind the net.

This doesn’t line up as a game to see his good qualities as he’s gonna be pressed by a stacked BC team all game.

Mercuri scored at least. He’s a no brainer for me if we have an AHL team. Role player though.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
UMASS is the 4 seed and last at large bid. They draw Denver 1st. That is going to be tough for UMASS.

Maine is in the same quad playing the 3 seed Cornell.

UND is in the “Michigan” Quad.
1 Mich St is playing 4 seed Western Michigan.
UND is the 2 seed playing 3 seed Michigan.

Quinnipiac is a 3 seed playing 2 seed Wisconsin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad