Prospect Info: 2023-24 prospect information - BUT WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO PLAY?!

Prospect polls starting on 2/3 - what to do with #1?

• Get the formality over with and give Nikishin #1

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Start at the #1 prospect vote and give room for debate at the spot

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
thank god we got the one the Ducks drafted in the 2nd at least

8dee8f96-d8aa-4548-b453-9335a63495f5_text.gif

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
We’re already in mid-August and we’re still just “talking” with other teams. Seems a bit weird this hasn’t been worked out yet. We’ve known for a long time we wouldn’t be back in Chicago.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
why? their parent teams are not just in conference but in division. I'd say Milwaukee (NSH) and either Henderson (Vegas) or Coachella Valley (SEA).
Velluci in WBS, and Hershey is always competitive.

I guess what we should do is help load up Chicagos biggest rival

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Athletic annual review of under 22 pipeline
Carolina has made a ton of picks in the last five years. In total, there are a lot of guys who were swings on skill and who are trending to misses”:

Canes are ranked 14th but although outside of Nishikin, Jarvis, Morrow and Nadeau, they are not highly bullish of draftees. Interestingly, they rate many of them as not up to NHL par skating wise.

Corey Pronman's NHL Pipeline Rankings: No. 14 Hurricanes led by Alexander Nikishin

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Athletic annual review of under 22 pipeline
Carolina has made a ton of picks in the last five years. In total, there are a lot of guys who were swings on skill and who are trending to misses”:

Canes are ranked 14th but although outside of Nishikin, Jarvis, Morrow and Nadeau, they are not highly bullish of draftees. Interestingly, they rate many of them as not up to NHL par skating wise.

Corey Pronman's NHL Pipeline Rankings: No. 14 Hurricanes led by Alexander Nikishin

He's also got Nikishin over Jarvis which I think is crazy. He's got guys like Ponomarev in the "chance to play games" category at the end that's just ranked alphabetically.

I've started not caring about his rankings. I don't think they're that good.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Pronman didn’t rate Necas’ skating very highly so I take his skating criticism with a grain of salt
To be fair, he was kinda baby Bambi his first couple years, being knocked off the puck by a stiff breeze or violent fart
why can't we just buy the checkers or something?

Isn't dundon like scrooge mcduck? How much can an AHL franchise cost?
Not sure Khan would even entertain selling to him at this point unless he offered just an absurd sum of money.

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
The exclusion of 22yr old Anttoni Honka from Pronman’s list makes me question a lot of his takes. Say what you will about his potential ability to defend, but Honka had an excellent first year in North America. To not include him, on top of what seems to be a misconception on Ponomarev too, seems quite suspect.

Reactions: DaveG and NotOpie

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
The exclusion of 22yr old Anttoni Honka from Pronman’s list makes me question a lot of his takes. Say what you will about his potential ability to defend, but Honka had an excellent first year in North America. To not include him, on top of what seems to be a misconception on Ponomarev too, seems quite suspect.
Im surprised that seeley was as high as he was because him and Honka struggled defensively.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Im surprised that seeley was as high as he was because him and Honka struggled defensively.
Honka will always be an adventure in the d zone, but you’d have to hope his offense makes up for those deficiencies. Scoring at almost a .5pt pace, seems like he’s trending in a good direction.

In limited viewings, Seeley never really stood out to me, maybe that’s a good thing. Personally, I like the chances of Honka becoming a 3rd pair/PP guy much more than Seeley becoming a run of the mill 3rd pairing option. For that reason alone, I’m surprised Pronman completely ignores Honka.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad