GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The simplest fix is just to say that the 18 skaters and 2 goalies that you dress in any given playoff game must be cap compliant.
I don't really think that changes much. Like right now, the VGK lineup is cap compliant but it also just ignores the $10m they have scratched between Martinez, Mantha, etc.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Even the announcers were joking about it!

Let's start with the same player has mysteriously gotten hurt right before the deadline for the last 3 years and each time no matter what the injury was, he magically was healed just in time for game 1 of the playoffs but not early enough he could play 1 day earlier for the final game of the season.

This year he goes out with an injury that should take 4-6 months to heal from, he came back on the early side of 3 months.

Yea I know, and of course I loathe Vegas too, but idk if I buy that they are doing anytbing illegal like lying.

I think what they are doing goes against the spirit of sportsmanship and the balance in the cba, which to me matters (to others not), but I don't think they are obfuscating he truth.

And I'd LOVE to be wrong lol

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Myers was rumored to be a target of Grier's last offseason. Thought he was way off-base, but Myers looked good in game 1. He's not the anchor I thought he was!

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Watching this Jets/Avs game just reinforces how bad we were this season….
Yeah. On the other side, the Islanders, the Kings, and the Capitals give off "just happy to be here" vibes".

I know the Hurricanes are good, but the Islanders were awful once they had the lead.

Reactions: DG93

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Yeah. On the other side, the Islanders, the Kings, and the Capitals give off "just happy to be here" vibes".

I know the Hurricanes are good, but the Islanders were awful once they had the lead.
Apparently, this was a historically lopsided game when it comes to shot differential!

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
That was a great shot from a great player. But man, if you are Skinner that's a save you have to make. Clean, unscreened shot...

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
BTW, for those who scream about how critical depth is, these Kings should serve as an example. They have star players, who, when engaged (which they frequently are), are some of the best players in the league. However, ultimately, their lack of depth is going to prevent them from getting very far in the playoffs.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Silver lining to Vegas winning would be their players could demand more money and they will be more tired next year where we have their 1st rounder

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3