GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I don't think they really need Timo to do that. He's like their 10th most important player.
depth wins in playoffs. Like if he can be the Kessel of the HBK line that worked us in 2016, that would push NJ over the top

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Moving the goalposts…

Pavelski hasn’t played center in a decade. He’s a winger. And Benson’s defensive acumen and hockey IQ is so good, I think he could definitely play center in a pinch once he gets his man strength like Pavelski.

I get why Smith was the pick. I predicted it two months out. Benson is and will always be better, in my opinion.
Just want to add that it's far from a guarantee that Benson can put on the muscle and add strength. Even if he has the work ethic, sometimes the body just can't do it.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
That’s absolutely true, but even as he is now Benson is showing he has no trouble putting up with the physicality of the NHL.
But can he keep it up? That was my worry with him before the draft. Amazing player but also one whose career could be hamstrung by injuries due to frame x play style. Perhaps the only reason I could see the Sabers sending him down.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Really liking a few of the new pieces but not seeing much chemistry yet. Zadina, Ruuta, and strangely Smith. Not to mention Blackwood.

I forgot to mention, not Hoffman.

Eklund and Zetterlund looking good as well.

Barabanov seems to be struggling with a lesser supporting cast.

Reactions: Sandisfan

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Really liking a few of the new pieces but not seeing much chemistry yet. Zadina, Ruuta, and strangely Smith. Not to mention Blackwood.

I forgot to mention, not Hoffman.

Eklund and Zetterlund looking good as well.

Barabanov seems to be struggling with a lesser supporting cast.
Barabanov was the perfect wing man for Karlsson. He's a play mover/continuer

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015

Not to belabor the point but it's such a bummer we missed out on this kid. Crazy this is all from his first game in the NHL.

So of those are not even highlights it is him skating with the puck uncontested through the neutral zone or making simple passes in the offensive zone. Things almost every player is capable of except for the 20 Sharks skaters playing every night.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
So of those are not even highlights it is him skating with the puck uncontested through the neutral zone or making simple passes in the offensive zone. Things almost every player is capable of except for the 20 Sharks skaters playing every night.
And most of them was the ducks on the power play.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021

And most of them was the ducks on the power play.

There are quite a few impressive 5v5 rushes and defensive plays in there. And again he's doing this in his first NHL game at 18. Recent top picks who eventually developed into stars like Stutzle and Dahlin were borderline unplayable at the same age. It's just one game but Carlsson looks a legit top six forward right off the bat.

Anyway, hopefully Smith turns out to be as good. It would be fun to reignite that rivalry.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Good lord is Anaheim bad. I know they’ve accumulated a great prospect pool but it’s hard to watch the Ducks and feel like they’ll ever be good again.
As they keep accumulating more high end prospects, they'll get better sadly...I think they're well on track to get whichever of Celebrini/Eiserman the Sharks don't get. A top-6 of Zegras-Carlsson-Terry and Eiserman-McTavish is terrifying...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad