GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Blah blah blah, it's one game in the young season. Just getting their legs, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, Edmonton will still be in the playoffs by the end.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Yeah, as others have said... if they collapse this year and are bottom 10, they keep 2024 but we get their 2025... and there's a high likelihood that 2 years from now, the Pens are even worse. So I am actually rooting for a 2024 collapse for them. We might get our Tim Stutzle in 2025.

So far they looked terrible in the preseason and Game 1, and this could very well be Malkin's last season.

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Karlsson will take some time to adjust, and will eventually explode.
Well, didn't we figure it out on our boards that whenever he trains early for the season he does well from the get-go and if he doesn't he has a slow start? I recall he said he trained the earliest he ever had last year and voila...Norris!

So, do we know if he trained early this year?

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Well, didn't we figure it out on our boards that whenever he trains early for the season he does well from the get-go and if he doesn't he has a slow start? I recall he said he trained the earliest he ever had last year and voila...Norris!

So, do we know if he trained early this year?
I remember hearing stuff like this in the past but never really knowing if it was true. Assuming it is, imagine being paid what he's paid and just not putting in the work in the off season that sets you up for a great year. Wild

Reactions: landshark

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I remember hearing stuff like this in the past but never really knowing if it was true. Assuming it is, imagine being paid what he's paid and just not putting in the work in the off season that sets you up for a great year. Wild
Well it’s not exactly like that. Many of his offseason’s he was recovering from an injury and unable to train properly.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Buffalo might be setting themselves to become a dynasty or a perpetually middling team. It's probably a very smart gamble.

• Wow

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Buffalo might be setting themselves to become a dynasty or a perpetually middling team. It's probably a very smart gamble.
What they need to put themselves over the top is a wily veteran who preserves himself during the regular season and absolutely explodes during the playoffs. A man with experience and clutchiness. A centerman who like Alex Tuch, absolutely adores Buffalo.

I'm talking about our very own Logan Couture!!! Buffalo needs to trade for him.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Karlsson has one meh game while adapting to a new team’s system and folks think it was due to his offseason training regiment. Egads.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Cas

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
What they need to put themselves over the top is a wily veteran who preserves himself during the regular season and absolutely explodes during the playoffs. A man with experience and clutchiness. A centerman who like Alex Tuch, absolutely adores Buffalo.

All they need is for Josh Allen to reach out to Couture and he’ll be demanding a trade to Buffalo within the week

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

I thought you were going Mark Stone there.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Tell me you know nothing about his last few seasons while he was part of this team without telling me, sheesh.

He was coming off surgery the season he was traded to us, and had no training camp, got injured late into the season and still played 3 rounds until he was eventually fully knocked out for the final game or games.

Second season, no offseason training and training camp again plays until covid shuts down the league.

3rd season was a covid season so very limited training while off and no real training camp. And got injured late into that season so no training.

4th season stayed relatively healthy for the entire season, went into the offseason with the ability to train properly.

5th season and final one goes back to normal self.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Karlsson has one meh game while adapting to a new team’s system and folks think it was due to his offseason training regiment. Egads.
I do think that Pittsburgh will fall into the same trap as the Sharks did by trading for EK but failing to adjust the system to match his strengths. The Sharks thought he could be a #2 behind Burns and the Penguins have him as their #2 behind Letang. Luckily the Sharks will benefit with a higher draft pick.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I wonder if guentzel had buried that backdoor 1-t from Karl's deft backhand pass people would be singing a different tune

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I only watched the 3rd period of Vegas' first game, but did the stadium look fairly empty? I was seeing a lot of empty seats in the lower sections, which is odd considering it was their SC presentation.

On the other hand, having the Raiders in Vegas was a genius business move. With Vegas flight tickets so cheap and teams only playing there once a year (if even, sometimes once every few years), they should never have any issues filling that arena, even if 50% of it might be the opposing team's fans. :laugh:

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Seems like it's more likely to be the former. Thompson-Cozens is a great 1-2 punch up the middle and Dahlin and Power are anchoring the top 2 pairings. Quinn (at least pre-injury), Peterka, Benson, and Kulich seem like a very solid group of winger prospects with Savoie also on the way. It's kind of a ridiculous prospect pool...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad