Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Dude, that's kind of cool. Giving him the morning off somehow met a requirement making him eligible for the AHL All-Star game.

What kind of tag-up rule was at play here?
Just a paper transaction. I noticed the Caps did NOT send down former Avs great Michael Sgarbossa so he won't be eligible for Hershey's playoff run, which I find strange.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Wagner is clearly hurt, Vogt reported that he expects Olofsson to sit in the press box. I'm guessing for now they'll roll with either Trenin or Cogliano as 4C for now.
Wagner can't be hurt and sent down. He's ok.

I remember Ben Street getting hurt when recalled and he stayed on the Avs roster and got an NHL paycheck for a good chunk of the season rehabing. I think it happened two seasons in a row for that lucky mofo. Maybe he planned it.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Wagner can't be hurt and sent down. He's ok.

I remember Ben Street getting hurt when recalled and he stayed on the Avs roster and got an NHL paycheck for a good chunk of the season rehabing. I think it happened two seasons in a row for that lucky mofo. Maybe he planned it.
1710275698921.png

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
For anyone who has watched the Eagles this year, how are we feeling about the long term trajectory of OO?

Haven’t heard much all season about him. I know he’s hurt now, but is there anything there at all? Shame knowing that Wyatt Johnson went a few picks before :(

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
For anyone who has watched the Eagles this year, how are we feeling about the long term trajectory of OO?

Haven’t heard much all season about him. I know he’s hurt now, but is there anything there at all? Shame knowing that Wyatt Johnson went a few picks before :(
He was on a nice stretch and possibly putting a few things together and then in typical Avs fashion had the momentum killed by injury

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I don't think he's a viable prospect, which is a shame because some people whose opinions on prospects and what not really liked that pick at the time.

Bednar most definitely does not like the kid.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
OO won’t be a NHLer with the Avs. He’s like a really, really bad version of Burkie. I do think he’ll get a run on a bad team yo see if they can figure out how to make his shot work in the NHL. Kinda how Alex Nylander is getting a run now.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

He looked as advertised, fast, big and great shot. But he hasnt developed nearly smart enough to be a top six NHLer with Bednar.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't think he's a viable prospect, which is a shame because some people whose opinions on prospects and what not really liked that pick at the time.

Bednar most definitely does not like the kid.
I honestly don't think Bednar is wrong here. OO basically took a nosedive the instant he came to North America, with a meh OHL season and now a couple of meh pro seasons (and meh is generous here). He's also just not a Bednar type of player at all. Like Kaut, he's a lousy fit for us, but unlike Kaut he isn't even good enough to be a successful AHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad