Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Wonder if Owen Allard is one. Was a free agent prospect invite to rookie camp. Had a decent WJC showing. Was producing at a fairly good rate before the tournament but has slowed down since. And you know. Avs and their nepotism.
I don't know on him, but that direct is normally frowned upon.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Avs need to go after Graf from Qunnipiac.
OIP.308ZZkYESPRpHyixU2O8zwHaHa

OIP.thC-__FCy5uDNUlJISFUCgHaEg

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm not surprised they are after him but I always thought they wouldn't get him due to Graf wanting games this season. It might be hard for the Avs to promise that to him. Also I thought he might prefer to sign with DET as he had TC with them last summer. He would definitely be a could get.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm not surprised they are after him but I always thought they wouldn't get him due to Graf wanting games this season. It might be hard for the Avs to promise that to him. Also I thought he might prefer to sign with DET as he had TC with them last summer. He would definitely be a could get.
My guess is he ends up in Nashville or Florida… but Avs will be pushing (nearly every team is)

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
7 straight for the eagles. Miner sucks. The new coach's system finally kicking in. Even with lots of shots against this game, felt like the team had good puck support everywhere.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
7 straight for the eagles. Miner sucks. The new coach's system finally kicking in. Even with lots of shots against this game, felt like the team had good puck support everywhere.
Not sure why you said Miner sucks. He made 40 saves on 43 shots.(.930 SV%) tonight. He has done pretty well as a backup for the Eagles this season (2.45 GAA and .917 SV% before tonight's game). I'll take that all day long from a backup.

Yeah they are doing great lately. Now 2 pts out of 1st place in their division. A deep playoffs run would be great experience for those guys.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Not sure why you said Miner sucks. He made 40 saves on 43 shots.(.930 SV%) tonight. He has done pretty well as a backup for the Eagles this season (2.45 GAA and .917 SV% before tonight's game). I'll take that all day long from a backup.

Yeah they are doing great lately. Now 2 pts out of 1st place in their division. A deep playoffs run would be great experience for those guys.
Just the goal he let in was awful. Couldnt keep his five hole shut when he didnt even need to make massive side to side movements. Awful positioning on the game tieing goal, net was essentially half open, play small while being a small goalie.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Just the goal he let in was awful. Couldnt keep his five hole shut when he didnt even need to make massive side to side movements. Awful positioning on the game tieing goal, net was essentially half open, play small while being a small goalie.
Ah OK but I guess that is why he is a backup.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Miner sucks... he's been good enough this season, but he's an ECHL starting level guy.

I don't think it is new system taking that long to get implemented, or anything for this turnaround... when the vets started getting healthy, the Eagles started winning. To me, that signals more of a general lack of talent. It is even shown on who is driving the scoring.... Ivan is really the only young guy piling up points right now (FTR I don't consider Malinski a young guy). Beyond him Foudy has some and then it goes dry. Pare, Burke, Tufte, Holland, etc are rowing the boat.

I was hard on the coaching earlier this season, so I'm interested to see if talent really was the issue there.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Miner sucks... he's been good enough this season, but he's an ECHL starting level guy.

I don't think it is new system taking that long to get implemented, or anything for this turnaround... when the vets started getting healthy, the Eagles started winning. To me, that signals more of a general lack of talent. It is even shown on who is driving the scoring.... Ivan is really the only young guy piling up points right now (FTR I don't consider Malinski a young guy). Beyond him Foudy has some and then it goes dry. Pare, Burke, Tufte, Holland, etc are rowing the boat.

I was hard on the coaching earlier this season, so I'm interested to see if talent really was the issue there.
Every AHL team has vets and most of them better than our vets. Hunt is really the only star vet. Pare, burke, tufte arent exactly proven AHL stars. I think defensively/possession wise, our AHL coach is definitely above average but he cant make magic happen without at least adequate vets with an understanding of pro hockey.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Every AHL team has vets and most of them better than our vets. Hunt is really the only star vet. Pare, burke, tufte arent exactly proven AHL stars.
What I am saying is the talent is so low without those guys that they can't produce consistently. I'm not saying Burke is a star, just that he's one of the better players on the team. Same with Holland (who would be an AHL all star if he stayed healthy). Meyers is a star level talent down there and playing like it now.

To me is is clear guys like Olausson, Beaucage, Stienburg, Pavel, etc can't drive the bus. Foudy gets a pass with his injuries (and he's played very well the last 7-8 games). Ivan has also stepped up. Beyond those two... the young guys just don't have it.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Don't get me wrong on Miner. I have no big expectations for him. I don't even think he will get to be a starter for the Eagles. With that said we need to give credit where credit is due. He has done very well as an AHL backup this year and if he can keep that up I'll take that every day for that team. That is all I want him to be.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Don't get me wrong on Miner. I have no big expectations for him. I don't even think he will get to be a starter for the Eagles. With that said we need to give credit where credit is due. He has done very well as an AHL backup this year and if he can keep that up I'll take that every day for that team. That is all I want him to be.
IMO what you really want in the AHL is a vet who can step in and be a starter at any given moment for long stretch, but a guy who can mentor a young goalie. Pair that player up with a prospect you hope takes over the starting role and has legit NHL potential. We can waffle on Annunen and JoJo.. but the JoJo/Annunen type of combo is that style. That's what I think you should personally have.

I'm happy with Miner's play, but he shouldn't be anything more than a pure fill in at the AHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad