Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
It’s a shame OO is is out but it’s also very Avs. He was just starting to have a few things click I feel… and then day to day has been a while

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Prosvetov 6-0-0 1.33 .956.

IMG_0535.gif

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I’m sitting in a suite so I’ll be busy drinking and eating plus I’m a dumbass but I’ll try my best to watch him closely
What?...You can't do three things at once?...or is it four if I include being a dumbass? :sarcasm::laugh:;)
Joking....

Reactions: BrickNHL

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Ivan Ivan with 2 goals. One for each Ivan.Guy plays a super feisty game.

Meyers scored a beautiful goal, completely undressed the goalie

It was cool seeing the Sedin Twins at the game and Phil Kessel too

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Thanks. They have to sign this guy. They better not let him slip through their fingers. It looks like they might have found a very good 4C for next year.

Reactions: Metallo

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks. They have to sign this guy. They better not let him slip through their fingers. It looks like they might have found a very good 4C for next year.
There is an unwritten rule that a guy on an AHL deal for your club is yours to sign and no other team will attempt to sign without your consent. So I wouldn't worry about it. Once the contracts can be signed for next season, he'll get an ELC.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
There is an unwritten rule that a guy on an AHL deal for your club is yours to sign and no other team will attempt to sign without your consent. So I wouldn't worry about it. Once the contracts can be signed for next season, he'll get an ELC.
Ah good to know there is an unwritten rule about that. It would suck to lose him. He is such a Bednar-type player and he seems to have some offense to his game.
When is the earliest they can sign him?

Reactions: lionsDen

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Ah good to know there is an unwritten rule about that. It would suck to lose him. He is such a Bednar-type player and he seems to have some offense to his game.
When is the earliest they can sign him?
I believe it is Friday to have a contract start for next season. You'll see a rush of ELCs get signed across the league the first couple weeks of March.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I believe it is Friday to have a contract start for next season. You'll see a rush of ELCs get signed across the league the first couple weeks of March.
That’s something I’ve come to expect around deadline time from an Avs perspective. AHLer for AHLer trade, and maybe an ELC or two. I’m really hoping Ivan gets one, Ritchie has certainly earned one, and if Nate Clurman gets one, why can’t Hanzel? So hot right now. And then Behrens too once his season is done obvi he can’t right now.

Reactions: Bender

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

So... Is Ivan squared another LOC that we need to lock up asap?

I'm curious to see what happens with Behrens through the TDL and the end of the NCAA season. He seems like a guy who could possibly hop in as needed depth behind Malinski and Jones if needed...

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
That’s something I’ve come to expect around deadline time from an Avs perspective. AHLer for AHLer trade, and maybe an ELC or two. I’m really hoping Ivan gets one, Ritchie has certainly earned one, and if Nate Clurman gets one, why can’t Hanzel? So hot right now. And then Behrens too once his season is done obvi he can’t right now.
Agree on Hanzel. He is having a very good season on a very, very bad team.

I'm curious to see what happens with Behrens through the TDL and the end of the NCAA season. He seems like a guy who could possibly hop in as needed depth behind Malinski and Jones if needed...
IMO yes he is but at C and we do.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm sure all of those guys who are still here after the deadline will get one. There are some rumblings of a couple guys outside of this too.

I'm still skeptical of his legit NHL upside, but he's proven enough that he can be a middle 6 AHL center and sometimes those players can carve out bottom 6 NHL roles. He plays the right way and has enough size that if he can produce, he'll get a look eventually.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm sure all of those guys who are still here after the deadline will get one. There are some rumblings of a couple guys outside of this too.

I'm still skeptical of his legit NHL upside, but he's proven enough that he can be a middle 6 AHL center and sometimes those players can carve out bottom 6 NHL roles. He plays the right way and has enough size that if he can produce, he'll get a look eventually.
NCAA guys?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad