2023-24 Champions League, Europa League, & Conference League Draw Thread

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I understand naming your kids after rock stars, movie stars, religious figures, or a tradition in the family. But naming them after Home Alone of all movies and entertainment is ridiculously stupid and hilarious at the same time.
I mean it’s all dumb but what ever floats your boat.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I understand naming your kids after rock stars, movie stars, religious figures, or a tradition in the family. But naming them after Home Alone of all movies and entertainment is ridiculously stupid and hilarious at the same time.

I don't know, I guess I want to agree in spirit, but the last thing I want to judge is what something means to someone, however dumb it might seem to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I don't know, I guess I want to agree in spirit, but the last thing I want to judge is what something means to someone, however dumb it might to me.

Yeah, maybe the parents first met at the screening of that movie or whatever. Lots of celebs give stupid names to their children, like Beckham naming his kids Brooklyn, Romeo or Seven.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Union SG sold 8 of their 11 starting players from last year. Toulouse definitely has a shot.
They also fired their coach (ridiculous !). Their recruits seems very average (which is obvious since they didn't get any transfer fee for all their best players except one so they were broke).
And they just sold Chaibi, who was arguably their most talented offensive player.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

I got...

Real Sociedad vs PSV
Barcelona vs Cobenhavn
Atletico Madrid vs Porto
Real Madrid vs SS Lazio
Dortmund vs Inter
Arsenal vs RB Leipzig
Man City vs Napoli
Bayern Munich vs PSG

Those are tasty match ups.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

I got...

Real Sociedad vs PSV
Barcelona vs Cobenhavn
Atletico Madrid vs Porto
Real Madrid vs SS Lazio
Dortmund vs Inter
Arsenal vs RB Leipzig
Man City vs Napoli
Bayern Munich vs PSG

It's not tasty if the two weakest 1 pot teams face the two weakest pot 2 teams.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021

I got...

Real Sociedad vs PSV
Barcelona vs Cobenhavn
Atletico Madrid vs Porto
Real Madrid vs SS Lazio
Dortmund vs Inter
Arsenal vs RB Leipzig
Man City vs Napoli
Bayern Munich vs PSG

With all due respect for Sociedad and PSV, but that matchup would clear the path to semifinal for whoever gets the winner in the quarters.

I have a six hour drive to Copenhagen so that would be preferable for Arsenal.

Reactions: S E P H

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
With all due respect for Sociedad and PSV, but that matchup would clear the path to semifinal for whoever gets the winner in the quarters.

I have a six hour drive to Copenhagen so that would be preferable for Arsenal.
I would not underestimate Sociedad. I already warned you.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Not the best of draws for Milan in the Europe league, would have liked them to avoid Rennes. Well, at least they will get to play against some nice French young attacking talent.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Porto is not an easy draw for us, curious how we measure up
Not an easy draw compared to what exactly? Sure, we can say there are no easy draws, but how many teams in the pot would you say were easier than Porto?

And this is totally fine but come on. LFC got an arguably better version (not super relevant but still) of Porto multiple times, and we’re always told how easy it was so I’m just curious. You’ll probably starch them like we did.

Also speaking of easy draws, City getting Copenhagen is really funny. Not because of the match up, but the irony of all the Utd fans (not necessarily on here) saying City got it easy. I’d gladly go to a game in Copenhagen for the record. Might not be so hard to get tickets.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad