2023-24 CBJ "Buy/Sell" game

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This is our annual "late summer and there's nothing to talk about so let's play a game" thread. (No, this is not a "sell my unusable tickets" thread.)

Make a statement/prediction regarding the Blue Jackets upcoming season. Can be a stat/number thing, or more general. Next poster either buys (thinks it will happen) or sells (thinks it won't), explanations optional but welcome, then makes a statement/prediction of their own.

Reactions: Monk

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sell, think he ends up a bit under

Buy/Sell - Fantilli ends the season with more points than Werenski
That’s a good one. I’ll buy, but barely

Elvis has over .910 save % this season

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That’s a good one. I’ll buy, but barely

Elvis has over .910 save % this season
Sell; I'll put him just barely under that, though, because I'm an eternal optimist.

The Bally’s cbj sports book generates at least 2x’s more revenue then Bally’s licensing of actually broadcasting cbj games?
Sell, because I suspect there's better betting options out there too. :D

Buy/Sell: The Jackets finish just outside the playoffs (within 1-2 points of the final wildcard spot).

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Sell; I'll put him just barely under that, though, because I'm an eternal optimist.

Sell, because I suspect there's better betting options out there too. :D

Buy/Sell: The Jackets finish just outside the playoffs (within 1-2 points of the final wildcard spot).
Sell, for now I'm remaining optimistic that additions of Fantilli, Provorov, Severson, Tex, DV with a healthy roster (fingers crossed), is enough to get us in as a 7-8 seed.

Buy/Sell: Laine scores over 30 goals

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Buy.

Buy/Sell: Laine finishes with over 45 assists
Sell

Sell

Buy/sell: Jackets will win at least 5 games in October.

vs PHI
vs NYR
vs DET
vs CGY
at MIN
vs ANA
at MTL
vs NYI
at DAL
Heavy buy! I think we end up at 85 points but I think he are going to have such a strong start its going to cause the youtube/social media personalities to overreact

Mine: Johnny Gaudreau ends up with 88+ points which means he breaks Bread's single season point record this year.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Mine: Johnny Gaudreau ends up with 88+ points which means he breaks Bread's single season point record this year.
Sell.

Buy/Sell
Most posters need to watch Lucy pull the football away once again...
Sell.

Buy/sell: Once Jackets start to show signs of struggle, some posters will make inaccurate generalizations of how most fans predicted this season would go.

Reactions: Xoggz22 and Viqsi

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Sell.

Sell.

Buy/sell: Once Jackets start to show signs of struggle, some posters will make inaccurate generalizations of how most fans predicted this season would go.
Buy because it happens every year.

Fantilli wins rookie of the month at least once this season

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Sell. There might be a trade but not a big one.

buy/sell: Werenski and Laine both play over 60 games.

Sell. Just look at their last 3 seasons and it is hard to believe both will stay healthy enough to play 60 games.

Buy/Sell: We will have a moment this season where we at least have doubts whether the Blue Jackets will be on tv in Columbus that week because of Bally Sports Ohio financial issues.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Sell. Just look at their last 3 seasons and it is hard to believe both will stay healthy enough to play 60 games.

Buy/Sell: We will have a moment this season where we at least have doubts whether the Blue Jackets will be on tv in Columbus that week because of Bally Sports Ohio financial issues.
Buy. The TV thing is not encouraging.

Bey/sell: Fantilli leads the team in penalty minutes.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Sell. I think they’re a playoff bubble team. I have us around 90 points. under 79 puts you into the deep lottery and also likely means jarmo gets fired

Our powerplay is 16th (or better) in the league this year

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Sell. I think they’re a playoff bubble team. I have us around 90 points. under 79 puts you into the deep lottery and also likely means jarmo gets fired

Our powerplay is 16th (or better) in the league this year
Sell. Lack of center is still a problem.

Buy/Sell - Ivan Provorov plays over 80 games this year.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
I'll start:

Kent Johnson will total more than 50 points.

Buy.

Buy/sell: Johnny Gaudreu gets so used to the cannon going off after scoring and creating assists every game, that he doesn’t flinch at it going off. It becomes a mantra in his mind at home, BOOM, Boom, boom, boom

Edit: typos. I’m wrasslin’ with autocorrect on three keyboards and it’s a hassle :/

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2