B-Sens 2023-24 Belleville Senators

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
The only 5 worth mentioning are Ostapchuk, Klevin, Sogaard, Guenette and Crookshank. I would like the org to NOT plan on moving any up to start next year. If they force it during camp and preseason then deal with it.
Jarventie as well.

He needs to get healthy and get some training in but with another year in the A to find some consistency, I think he could be a middle 6 for 2025.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The only 5 worth mentioning are Ostapchuk, Klevin, Sogaard, Guenette and Crookshank. I would like the org to NOT plan on moving any up to start next year. If they force it during camp and preseason then deal with it.
Yes, this is how it needs to go down. No spots given. Only spots earned. And leave yourself a little cap room to deal with spots earned

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Yes, this is how it needs to go down. No spots given. Only spots earned. And leave yourself a little cap room to deal with spots earned
Great point on the cap space. I’ve been hoping we go with a 22 man roster next year and try to keep about 1.5M in cap space.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Definitely Kleven and Crookshank.
Not sure on Ostapchuk even though he looks pretty good. He’s still young and they keep talking about adding veterans so not sure about open spots.
Sogaard they have to figure out. I’d probably bring him in to replace forsberg. See how he does.
Id like to see more of guenette with Kleven in Ottawa to figure out if he’s at least as good as brannstrom and better than any outside help we could get.
Sad to say Sokolov probably doesn’t get a chance.
I like the way Crookshank plays, but we have similar players in Greig, Joseph & Kelly & Crookshank is a little more of the same. Ostapchuk on the other hand can play Centre or LW, brings a rugged style as well & is a pretty good fighter. IMO he is more of what they need in the bottom six & hopefully he takes some pressure to fight off Brady. They obviously have to earn it & the new coaching staff will make those decisions as to who is ready but we have an opportunity next season to build this team to be bigger, tougher & much harder to play against. I like Guennette too & would like to see if he can translate his AHL success to the NHL, we'll see. I think Brannstrom is definitely gone, still not sure f they have given up on Sokolov with his size & ability to keep putting up pts in the AHL. Similar to Guennette, can he translate it to the NHL. Happy Easter.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I like the way Crookshank plays, but we have similar players in Greig, Joseph & Kelly & Crookshank is a little more of the same. Ostapchuk on the other hand can play Centre or LW, brings a rugged style as well & is a pretty good fighter. IMO he is more of what they need in the bottom six & hopefully he takes some pressure to fight off Brady. They obviously have to earn it & the new coaching staff will make those decisions as to who is ready but we have an opportunity next season to build this team to be bigger, tougher & much harder to play against. I like Guennette too & would like to see if he can translate his AHL success to the NHL, we'll see. I think Brannstrom is definitely gone, still not sure f they have given up on Sokolov with his size & ability to keep putting up pts in the AHL. Similar to Guennette, can he translate it to the NHL. Happy Easter.
On the same page pretty much.
We have players that I like enough and want to see them find a spot on the team but in reality they’re probably more borderline nhlers and spots are limited so will have to leave those tougher decisions up to the gm.

Talking about guys like Sokolov, guenette, smejkal, Sogaard, maybe even crookshank.

Reactions: asw

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
On the same page pretty much.
We have players that I like enough and want to see them find a spot on the team but in reality they’re probably more borderline nhlers and spots are limited so will have to leave those tougher decisions up to the gm.

Talking about guys like Sokolov, guenette, smejkal, Sogaard, maybe even crookshank.
Agreed, I think we have a full top six with the players we have especially with the emergence of Pinto & it's improving the bottom six, although they have been on fire lately. IMO the main priorities of the off season I think will be to improve the defence & goalies first, they can only make so many moves. I think they are still married to this core & most of these players but they have to make the playoffs next yr or core changes will happen.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Agreed, I think we have a full top six with the players we have especially with the emergence of Pinto & it's improving the bottom six, although they have been on fire lately. IMO the main priorities of the off season I think will be to improve the defence & goalies first, they can only make so many moves. I think they are still married to this core & most of these players but they have to make the playoffs next yr or core changes will happen.
How many different guys from Belleville had a cup of coffee with Ottawa this year?

Jarventie
Smejkal
Crookshank
Ostapchuk
Chartier
Highmore

I think Sokolov is done as an NHL prospect. Nice human interest story. Not so much a hockey story at this point imo.

Reactions: aragorn

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Jarventie as well.

He needs to get healthy and get some training in but with another year in the A to find some consistency, I think he could be a middle 6 for 2025.

For sure Jarventie, he's one of our best prospects left. I'd add Merilainen, Pettersson and Halliday too. There's a good bunch of prospects in Belleville. The problem is it gets very ugly fast outside of the AHL

1- Kleven
Jarventie
Sogaard
Ostapchuk
5- Crookshank
Guenette
Merilainen
Halliday
Pettersson
10- Jamieson Rees
Sokolov
Mandolese
Sebrango
Lassi Thomson
15- Tyler Boucher

Outside of Donovan, Hamara and Andonovski, basically all our remaining prospects are already in Belleville (maybe guys like Nikitin or Nordberg end up relevant too)

Reactions: DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
How many different guys from Belleville had a cup of coffee with Ottawa this year?

Jarventie
Smejkal
Crookshank
Ostapchuk
Chartier
Highmore

I think Sokolov is done as an NHL prospect. Nice human interest story. Not so much a hockey story at this point imo.
A few. I think Smejkal likely returns to Europe, Crookshank is similar to Greig, Joseph & Kelly which IMO I doubt they would want more of the same. Chartier & Highmore are most likely bubble players who are decent callups, but not quite good enough to stick full time in the NHL. Jarventie has decent size & shown some decent offensive ability, but I'm not sure he is tough enough or can stay healthy. That leaves Ostapchuk who we can see is tough enough, is big enough, has decent speed, hits, is hard to play against & kind of the player they say they need or want more of. Given their cap situation he is also affordable at under $1 mil. The same applies to Kleven IMO big, tough, hits, blocks shots, hard to play against & will drop them. They can score goals, it's preventing them from going into their own net that is the problem & IMO Ostapchuk & Kleven would be the most helpful in doing that. We'll see.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
For sure Jarventie, he's one of our best prospects left. I'd add Merilainen, Pettersson and Halliday too. There's a good bunch of prospects in Belleville. The problem is it gets very ugly fast outside of the AHL

1- Kleven
Jarventie
Sogaard
Ostapchuk
5- Crookshank
Guenette
Merilainen
Halliday
Pettersson
10- Jamieson Rees
Sokolov
Mandolese
Sebrango
Lassi Thomson
15- Tyler Boucher

Outside of Donovan, Hamara and Andonovski, basically all our remaining prospects are already in Belleville (maybe guys like Nikitin or Nordberg end up relevant too)
Even if Boucher never plays another game for us, I think he should be rated ahead of Sokolov, Mandolese, Sebrango & Thomson. None of those guys have any possible future with us and probably not anywhere else. Boucher at least has a sliver of hope to be something.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Even if Boucher never plays another game for us, I think he should be rated ahead of Sokolov, Mandolese, Sebrango & Thomson. None of those guys have any possible future with us and probably not anywhere else. Boucher at least has a sliver of hope to be something.
All of Sokolov, Thomson and Mandolese already have NHL games and might eventually get more. They are also good contributors at the AHL level, 2 things that Boucher might never be able to do, it's going to be an uphill battle for him just to become a good AHL player.

I can give you Sebrango but the guy looks to be becoming a solid AHL defenseman at the least.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes:

The Senators have had two transactions since their games in Laval last weekend, as part of an exchange of forwards on the same day earlier this week. Jiri Smejkal was recalled to the NHL, while Rourke Chartier was returned on loan from Ottawa. A complete list of recent transactions can be found here. Full lineup details, including tonight’s alignment, will be available prior to puck drop via the B-Sens social media channels (@BellevilleSens).

Who to Watch:

Belleville blueliners have continued to contribute on the offensive side of the puck of late, especially last Saturday in Laval. Jacob Larsson recorded the first four-point game of his AHL career, recording three assists plus an empty net goal. Max Guenette also scored on Saturday, giving him 91 career points, and moving him into first place on the Belleville Sens all-time points list for defencemen.

Springfield boasts a potent top-six forwards, which include one of the top-scoring players in the league. Adam Gaudette has 61 points (38 goals, 23 assists) in 60 games played for the T-Birds this season. Gaudette also sits one off the league lead in goals. Springfield’s lineup also includes former Belleville Senators Matt Peca, and Mitchell Hoelscher, as well as longtime NHL’er Jakub Vrana. Defender Dylan Coghlan is also among the league’s top scoring defencemen this season, with 40 points (sixteen goals, 24 assists).

At the rink:

Fans will be able to enter CAA Arena starting at 6:00 p.m., with all concessions and merchandise stands open. This weekend’s feature merchandise deal at the Locker Room Store is 25% off novelty items, like Smashcot stuffed toys, mini sticks and more! Stop by the Locker Room Store in the Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre before heading into the game or check out the Gate 2 merchandise stand once inside.

Follow the action:

Today’s game starts at 7:00 p.m. (ET) and can be seen on AHL TV, or heard on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
The game is on Onhockey

1712356992174.png

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I've noticed that players who are sent down tend to put up some points upon demotion. Today it's Kleven. It's a good thing, I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad