B-Sens 2023-24 Belleville Senators

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
This game looks just like the 2 last weekend against Laval. Belleville have the territorial advantage, but their lack of talent is really evident. There's just nobody down there that can make offensive plays. Laval getting better goaltending and better special teams.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
There were no transactions between Belleville, Ottawa and/or Allen overnight. The Senators will remain without Angus Crookshank and Tyler Kleven, who were recently recalled to NHL Ottawa. A complete list of recent transactions can be found here. Full lineup details, including tonight’s alignment, will be available prior to puck drop via the B-Sens social media channels (@BellevilleSens).

Who to Watch:

Egor Sokolov has been piling on the shots of late and was the only Senator to solve Jakub Dobes on Friday night. Sokolov had eight shots on net yesterday, one of which ended up being his 18th goal of the season, and has put 22 shots on net over his last four games. Meanwhile, defender Lassi Thomson, who had four shots last night, will become Belleville’s all-time leader in goals by a defenceman the next time he scores. Fans will also likely be keeping an eye on rookie forward Stephen Halliday, who had a shot on net in his AHL debut on Friday and played time in various situations including the power play.

Laval’s leading scorer struck again on Friday, with Brandon Gignac notching his 19th goal and 55th point of the season. It was also Gignac’s ninth point against Belleville (five goals, four assists) in nine games this season. Defender Logan Mailloux continues to be among the league leaders in a handful of categories including, rookie points (9th), rookie assists (5th), rookie penalty minutes (87), rookie minor penalties (31), defensive points (3rd), defensive goals (14th), and defensive minor penalties (3rd). He had an assist and four penalty minutes on Friday night.

Follow the action:

Today’s game starts at 3:00 p.m. (ET) and can be seen on AHL TV, or heard on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

1711825469425.png

Reactions: DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa needs Ostapchuk in their lineup to give Brady a break from time to time, he would be a great Kubalik replacement.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Ottawa needs Ostapchuk in their lineup to give Brady a break from time to time, he would be a great Kubalik replacement.
Do we want Ostapchuk to make the jump next year or should he bake for another one in Belleville?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Do we want Ostapchuk to make the jump next year or should he bake for another one in Belleville?
I'd bring him up, IMO he brings more than Kubalik & he's been in the lineup all yr not doing much. In fact, I'd promote Kleven to replace Brannstrom, Ostapchuk to replace Kubalik & maybe Sogaard if they move out one of their goalies likely Forsberg, given Korpisalo's contract. Who would you promote for next season?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'd bring him up, IMO he brings more than Kubalik & he's been in the lineup all yr not doing much. In fact, I'd promote Kleven to replace Brannstrom, Ostapchuk to replace Kubalik & maybe Sogaard if they move out one of their goalies likely Forsberg, given Korpisalo's contract. Who would you promote for next season?
Definitely Kleven and Crookshank.
Not sure on Ostapchuk even though he looks pretty good. He’s still young and they keep talking about adding veterans so not sure about open spots.
Sogaard they have to figure out. I’d probably bring him in to replace forsberg. See how he does.
Id like to see more of guenette with Kleven in Ottawa to figure out if he’s at least as good as brannstrom and better than any outside help we could get.
Sad to say Sokolov probably doesn’t get a chance.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The only 5 worth mentioning are Ostapchuk, Klevin, Sogaard, Guenette and Crookshank. I would like the org to NOT plan on moving any up to start next year. If they force it during camp and preseason then deal with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad