B-Sens 2023-24 Belleville Senators

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I agree. Yes he's only 23, but he doesn't look like he'll be anything more than a bottom pairing, journeyman D. I would easily have Brannstrom ahead of him.
I find that opinion odd.

JBD 23
EB 24

One is RD one is a LD

They produce offence at the same rate.

EB is the better skater, JBD is the better defender.

Most importantly one makes 800K next year while the other will be between 2-2.5M.

Reactions: aragorn

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I like that Crookshank is back up. He played relatively well in his last stint then went back down and picked up his scoring.

Ostapchuk will be a player for sure and that first taste should give him confidence to keep working. Next year, both guys may find a spot on the team, but for now I just hope they can get a taste of AHL playoff hockey.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I find that opinion odd.

JBD 23
EB 24

One is RD one is a LD

They produce offence at the same rate.

EB is the better skater, JBD is the better defender.

Most importantly one makes 800K next year while the other will be between 2-2.5M.
I like Brannstrom.. always have. He handles the puck better than JBD, creates more scoring chances, is more creative and yes, he's faster. The difference in defending, IMO, isn't that much. When a top 4 goes down, who would you rather stepping in.. JBD or Brannstrom? For me, it's definitely Brannstrom.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

AHLTV for 19.99 1 team home and away.. is a pretty good deal for 13 games remaining including tonight.

Last edited:

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
I think JBD has lots more upside, still only 23.

23 (at this point can call him 24 really) is pretty much the new peak in hockey, although every player is different. Noticable growth past this age is usually those who were not early bloomers.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
23 (at this point can call him 24 really) is pretty much the new peak in hockey, although every player is different. Noticable growth past this age is usually those who were not early bloomers.
D and F are different development tracks. Offensive D who are drafted very early are different. Most D need a couple hundred games to see what you have, JBD has 90. At 800K next year he is a great deal on the 3rd pair with a solid physical PK LD.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

I think this gets a little overstated when it comes to defensive defensemen. Look at Demelo, he was 25 when he arrived here and finally took hold of a bigger role.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

AHLTV for 19.99 1 team home and away.. is a pretty good deal for 13 games remaining including tonight.

Thanks for that info.

I checked the AHLTV site and see that a full season of home and away games for one team would cost $64.99. I might do that next season.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Thanks for that info.

I checked the AHLTV site and see that a full season of home and away games for one team would cost $64.99. I might do that next season.
Most games recently the BSens games are on Onhockey for free

Reactions: Cosmix

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes:

There have been no changes announced to Belleville’s roster following Friday’s game. Angus Crookshank remains in Ottawa with the NHL Senators. Garrett Pilon was a late scratch on Friday and we’re waiting on word if he’ll return to the linuep tonight or not. Full lineup details, including tonight’s alignment, will be available prior to puck drop via the B-Sens social media channels (@BellevilleSens).

Who to Watch:

Josh Currie was the only Senator to extend his point streak last night (with Angus Crookshank not playing due to his NHL recall), notching an assist to give him points in seven straight games (one goal, six assists) and tie his career high. Rookie forward Tarun Fizer also scored his first AHL goal on Friday, while newly acquired forward Wyatt Bongiovanni netted his first goal in a Belleville uniform, in his second game with the B-Sens.

No Rocket players are on lengthy point streaks, but two did have multi-point games last night. Both Lias Andersson and Logan Mailloux, who scored the overtime winner, had a goal and an assist each. Andersson has 10 points (four goals, six assists) over his last eight games played, while Mailloux has seven points (three goals, four assists) in his last eight.

At the rink:

Tonight is Community Heroes Night presented by Bell, when the Senators and Bell will recognize essential workers, first responders and other citizens who are making an impact and difference in the Bay of Quinte Community. As part of the evening, the Club will once again host a Parade of Heroes, allowing fans in attendance to show their support and say thank you to those who sacrifice their time, and sometimes their safety, for the greater good. While the Parade of Heroes will happen during an intermission, fans are encouraged to show their support throughout the game by keeping the energy up and the noise level high! Additionally, fans should wear their favourite Belleville Sens gear and the fan with the most spirit could win a $500 prize pack! Fans can also take advantage of this weekend’s merchandise deal at The Locker Room Store, which is 30% off all headwear.

Follow the action:

Tonight’s game starts at 7:00 p.m. (ET) and can be seen on AHL TV and heard on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

Last edited:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
No Halliday yet

1711234152830.png

Reactions: DrEasy

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
I think this gets a little overstated when it comes to defensive defensemen. Look at Demelo, he was 25 when he arrived here and finally took hold of a bigger role.
As said, not all are the same. Demelo was a very late draft pick who was a late bloomer. JBD is an early bloomer

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
D and F are different development tracks. Offensive D who are drafted very early are different. Most D need a couple hundred games to see what you have, JBD has 90. At 800K next year he is a great deal on the 3rd pair with a solid physical PK LD.

Yes, everyone is different, but to expect JBD to improve much beyond this point involves him bucking the trend, not a thing to bet against. Yes with more games he will improve, but the curve suggests those improvements will be incremental, not wholesale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad