B-Sens 2023-24 Belleville Senators

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
signed yesterday and released today
ROSTER UPDATE: The #BellevilleSens have signed F Orrin Centazzo to a professional tryout from the
@ToledoWalleye
(ECHL).Centazzo has 47 points in 47 games with Toledo this season and picked up a goal over four games on a PTO with Belleville earlier in the campaign.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes:

The Senators organization was busy ahead of Friday’s AHL Trade and Loan Deadline, with Ottawa acquiring two players and assigning them both to Belleville. Forward Wyatt Bongiovanni was brought in from the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for future considerations, while the Sens sent a sixth-round draft pick in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft to the Carolina Hurricanes, with forward Jamieson Rees coming back the other way. Both players are expected to make their B-Sens debuts tonight. Meanwhile, forward Orrin Centazzo was released from his professional tryout this morning and returned to the Toledo Walleye (ECHL). Six players who started the season with Belleville, or played AHL games this campaign remain in Ottawa, including forwards Zack Ostapchuk, Rourke Chartier, Matthew Highmore and Zack MacEwen, along with defensemen Max Guenette and Jacob Bernard-Docker. Full lineup details, including tonight’s alignment, will be available prior to puck drop.

Who to Watch:

Belleville’s most consistent offensive players continued to “drive the bus” in Syracuse last night, with Angus Crookshank (six games), Josh Currie (five games) and Egor Sokolov (four games) all extending their point streaks. Cole Reinhardt also had an assist, to give him points in three consecutive games.

Bridgeport is led offensively by sophomore standout Ruslan Ishakov, who’s picked up 42 points (16 goals, 26 assists) over 53 games this season. The Islanders second-round draft pick in 2018 had a goal and an assist against Belleville earlier this season and scored twice against the B-Sens in two games in 2022-23. Ishakov also represented the Islanders at the 2024 AHL All-Star Classic presented by Tech CU in San Jose.

At the rink:

Tonight is the third annual Road to the AHL Night presented by Mackay Insurance, as the Club and Mackay Insurance team up to celebrate and recognize the journey of some of your favourite Belleville Sens players as they develop in the American Hockey League, in pursuit of their dreams of playing in the National Hockey League. To mark the occasion, the first 2,500 fans through the gates at CAA Arena will once again receive a set of exclusive, limited-edition, Road to the AHL trading cards to add to their collection from the past two seasons. This season’s set features 2024 AHL All-Star Angus Crookshank, along with returning Belleville Sens favourites Cole Reinhardt and Max Guenette. The set also includes rookie defenceman Tyler Kleven and veteran forwards Boko Imama, and Garrett Pilon. Video segments featuring those players will also be screened in arena and online. The B-Sens’ “Gift with Purchase” sale on in-game purchases at the Locker Room Store, also continues through Sunday. Fans who spend $25 will receive a free Belleville Sens water bottle, with a free Belleville Sens flag with purchases of $50 or more.

Follow the action:

Tonight’s game starts at 7:00 p.m. (ET) and can be seen on AHL TV and heard on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

Reactions: DrEasy

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
1710629801867.png

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Why would you give up a pick for a 23yo 5-11 forward with zero goals in AHL this season?
This body is not even warm.
They obviously know/have seen enough to think he’s got potential and is worth the pick. Let’s see.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Why would you give up a pick for a 23yo 5-11 forward with zero goals in AHL this season?
This body is not even warm.

Interesting prospect who was very good in the OHL and has performed well at the AHL level before this season. This year, he got caught up in Carolina's no-AHL-affiliate situation, which is why his stats on the season are a complete outlier for his career. This is a perfectly reasonable gamble with a sixth round pick, especially for an organization that's entering a period where it'll have relatively few AHL-level prospects.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1st game for the new guys.

I thought Bongiovanni looked like he fit right in to the BSens mucky mucker by committee group. I think there what we see is what we get which is fine.

I saw some good things from Rees but his conditioning looked off and his skating has not advanced ..looked very choppy which effects his speed. He took a regular shift with good line mates. On the good side his effort was good; can hang on to pucks in the cycle and he looks fearless.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode

I think Guenette has looked pretty solid in this recent stretch of games.
Right Shot D which we know is a huge need for this time.

Has decent size, brings physical element, good in his own zone and seems to have some offensive upside. I think that Guenette and JBD are both good young RD.

I assume that Staois is going to try and bring in a top-4 RD in the offseason through trade or UFA signing but I do think both of these 2 players have the potential to take that spot.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think Guenette has looked pretty solid in this recent stretch of games.
Right Shot D which we know is a huge need for this time.

Has decent size, brings physical element, good in his own zone and seems to have some offensive upside. I think that Guenette and JBD are both good young RD.

I assume that Staois is going to try and bring in a top-4 RD in the offseason through trade or UFA signing but I do think both of these 2 players have the potential to take that spot.
I think both Bernard-Docker and Guenette have a chance to be a 5-6 defensemen in the NHL but not a top 4 D spot.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes:

Belleville forward Angus Crookshank was recalled from Ottawa as a precaution last night, with NHL Sens forward Claude Giroux listed as a game-time decision, but eventually playing in their loss at home to the St. Louis Blues. Ottawa announced this morning that Crookshank will remain with the NHL, while forward Zack Ostapchuk has been returned to Belleville, after getting his first NHL recall. He’s expected to be in the lineup against the Rocket tonight, as is forward Jiri Smejkal, who’s ready for action after a brief injury break, according to Head Coach Dave Bell. Full lineup details, including tonight’s alignment, will be available prior to puck drop.

Who to Watch:

While forwards Josh Currie (six games), Egor Sokolov (five games), and Garrett Pilon (three games) all carry significant point streaks into tonight’s game, fans will likely have an eye on Zack Ostapchuk, who is set to return from his first NHL recall. The 20-year-old from St. Alberta, Alberta got into six games for Ottawa between March 12 and March 21, logging five shots on goal, and averaging about 10 minutes of ice time per game. With Belleville this season, the rookie forward has picked up 22 points (13 goals, nine assists) in 56 AHL games.

There’s a lot of attention on an American Hockey League debutant on the blueline for the Rocket tonight. 19-year-old David Reinbacher, Montreal’s fifth overall pick in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft, has been assigned to Laval after finishing his pro season with EHC Kloten in Switzerland. Reinbacher has represented his home country of Austria twice at the World Junior Hockey Championship and once at the World Hockey Championship as well.

At the rink:

It’s Oral Health Awareness Night at CAA Arena, in partnership with Gift from the Heart, a Canadian, non-profit charity finding solutions to accessing emergency and preventative oral healthcare for the underserved members of the Bay of Quinte community. As part of the evening, Gift from the Heart will be offering tours of its Outreach Mobile Dental Clinic outside of Gate 4. Plus, Gift from the Heart will be giving away free toothbrushes to young Senators fans, while also providing more information about their programs and services. Fans can take advantage of this weekend’s merchandise promo in the Locker Room Store, which is 30% off all headwear. Members of the B-Sens staff will also be gifting random fans with $5 off coupons to the Locker Room Store tonight.

Follow the action:

Tonight’s game starts at 7:00 p.m. (ET) and can be seen on AHL TV and heard on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad