2023-24 #2: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Do you watch many LV games ? Their shitty goaltending { ranked 46th and 50th out of 52 ranked goalies on SV% } and defensive turnovers are much more of a problem than lack of scoring .

Never mind shitty coaching putting guys like Gardner out as center of your first line the #1 center on both pp and pk as well as starting him in over time . He has 5 goals and 3 assists all year ffs .
Hell last game Lappy dressed 7 D and put that D at forward the whole game while he sat a guy he called up from Reading the day before who he inserted onto the 2nd line and put out in overtime the game before . It's mind boggling .

There is way more problems down there than just saying they can't score .

I have been watching a lot more LV games this year cause I can't stand watching Torts' without wanting to throw something thru the TV . Lappy is a nice guy but he has no clue what he is doing .

Ps ... I don't mean any disrespect Appleyard as I do quite like your posting on here but there are a lot of problems down there that are not player related .

Seen about 10 games this year and...

yeh, basically everything is a problem apart from the special teams. (and that is mainly PP being great... PK is middling.)

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Do you watch many LV games ? Their shitty goaltending { ranked 46th and 50th out of 52 ranked goalies on SV% } and defensive turnovers are much more of a problem than lack of scoring .

Never mind shitty coaching putting guys like Gardner out as center of your first line the #1 center on both pp and pk as well as starting him in over time . He has 5 goals and 3 assists all year ffs .
Hell last game Lappy dressed 7 D and put that D at forward the whole game while he sat a guy he called up from Reading the day before who he inserted onto the 2nd line and put out in overtime the game before . It's mind boggling .

There is way more problems down there than just saying they can't score .

I have been watching a lot more LV games this year cause I can't stand watching Torts' without wanting to throw something thru the TV . Lappy is a nice guy but he has no clue what he is doing .

Ps ... I don't mean any disrespect Appleyard as I do quite like your posting on here but there are a lot of problems down there that are not player related .
Lappy seems to learn from torts how to coach a Roster! Perfectly Flyers

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Lappy seems to learn from torts how to coach a Roster! Perfectly Flyers
I just looked at yesterdays stat line etc ... and saw we dressed 7 D and 11 forwards yesterday again . I also saw Lycksel played 4 mins 36sec the whole F ing game . Why not just dress 15 players and be done with it . It's the single biggest reason I watch very little Flyers hockey these days . But don't worry Tort's is an innovator so the rest of the league will soon follow ,

11 fwd 7d , 2d 1f in overtime , sitting in press box watching rather than being on the F ing bench coaching ; you know doing what you are paid to do .

No other team does this but they soon will , I guess .

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Finally going to a Winterhawks game tonight. Will see if our big RHD can actually make a pass this year. Anyone else to keep an eye on?

They are playing Everett. I often wear my Flyers sweater to games as it is the only time I can wear it without looking like a tool. I think I will leave it at home this time.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
I just looked at yesterdays stat line etc ... and saw we dressed 7 D and 11 forwards yesterday again . I also saw Lycksel played 4 mins 36sec the whole F ing game . Why not just dress 15 players and be done with it . It's the single biggest reason I watch very little Flyers hockey these days . But don't worry Tort's is an innovator so the rest of the league will soon follow ,

11 fwd 7d , 2d 1f in overtime , sitting in press box watching rather than being on the F ing bench coaching ; you know doing what you are paid to do .

Watch out for the positive police cause this post is downright negative

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019

Lycksel deserved that ice time. He sucked. Took a terrible penalty on his first shift and was responsible for the first goal. Game is too fast for him.

Step back from the ledge

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Finally going to a Winterhawks game tonight. Will see if our big RHD can actually make a pass this year. Anyone else to keep an eye on?

They are playing Everett. I often wear my Flyers sweater to games as it is the only time I can wear it without looking like a tool. I think I will leave it at home this time.
#24 LHD on Everett.

edit to make Flyboi happy

Last edited:
Reactions: PDX Flyer

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Didn’t watch. I just hate all the Boston teams. College or pro.
He had an assist on what was a lopsided consolation win against Harvard.

Hunter McDonald of Northeastern is a big body. He accidentally deflected a puck into his own goal and was quite upset as he pushed the net off its moorings. Luckily, a celebrating BU player behind the goal avoided serious contact. But McDonald is a big boy. Played much of OT in a 3-on-3 format. The puck he deflected was an intended pass by Devin Kaplan as I recall. Both are Flyers' picks.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
#24 LHD on Everett.

edit to make Flyboi happy

Porcupine Plain SK. Wow! and I thought Flin Flon was out there or Snow Shoe in Centre
County, PA

Reactions: Larry44 and BigToe

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Will report back, Toeman

This was a tough game to get a read on as it was a blow out. also there was on open table right on the glass so we were sitting down low and didn’t get a good perspective.

Our big RHD still sucks and can’t make a pass.

#24 is a lefty but was playing on the right side. He seemed to read the game well and broke up a lot of plays. Good size and solid skater. Seemed like the only Dman that would jump into the offensive zone and create something. He didn’t flash but was steady. I’d say he has a good base and the potential to develop is there. Really liked how he read the play, broke it up, and moved the puck to an open player. I’d say 2/3rd rounder. Kind of reminded me of Walker

It was such a weird game. Shots totals were close but Hawks scored 10 goals.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He had an assist on what was a lopsided consolation win against Harvard.

Hunter McDonald of Northeastern is a big body. He accidentally deflected a puck into his own goal and was quite upset as he pushed the net off its moorings. Luckily, a celebrating BU player behind the goal avoided serious contact. But McDonald is a big boy. Played much of OT in a 3-on-3 format. The puck he deflected was an intended pass by Devin Kaplan as I recall. Both are Flyers' picks.
Apparently the Flyers see HMc as an eventual Risto replacement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad