Prospect Info: 2023-24 #1: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Tuomaala with a goal and a helper last night in a losing cause. 22 points in 25 games on the season and leading the team in scoring as a 20 year old. Looks like he might hit after all....
can someone who watches the phantoms say something about his play. Never felt the reason to watch him play for obvious reasons before this season!

Thx

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
OK. From Bob Rotruck, the Phantoms Radio Network announcer: Samu has a wicked wrister, usually plays the left boards on the PP and has good speed. Has gone from Zero defense to almost decent defense in 25 games. The whole managemnent team was there last night including LeClair,Sharp Morin, and Stewart. JR Avon was the goat, stupid cross ice pass on PP, intercepted for a breakaway goal. Why Wisdom is still on the team is a mystery to me; the Hathaway of the Phantoms??

I still think of the possibilties of Morin; but not of Patrick.....

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
can someone who watches the phantoms say something about his play. Never felt the reason to watch him play for obvious reasons before this season!

Thx

I’ve seen a little bit this year. I’ll be honest when I saw him two years ago I thought he stunk and didn’t understand the hype.

This year it seems to be clicking. He’s fast, and quick - he also has done a nice job of stretching the ice and showing some patience (thought he struggled doing this in the past).

Shot is better than I thought it was too. Obviously need to see how it translates to the NHL, but I could see the logic in giving him top 9 minutes if we get an injury or two.

Idk anything about his defensive game or even forechecking - that stuff matters to Torts obviously but I legit don’t know how he grades sorry lol

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I’ve seen a little bit this year. I’ll be honest when I saw him two years ago I thought he stunk and didn’t understand the hype.

This year it seems to be clicking. He’s fast, and quick - he also has done a nice job of stretching the ice and showing some patience (thought he struggled doing this in the past).

Shot is better than I thought it was too. Obviously need to see how it translates to the NHL, but I could see the logic in giving him top 9 minutes if we get an injury or two.

Idk anything about his defensive game or even forechecking - that stuff matters to Torts obviously but I legit don’t know how he grades sorry lol

That sounds interesting. But we need more players who are able to play the cycle game and not more shooters. Did he have a solid passing game? And sure we need to see him play longer after his bad start to his professional career.
OK. From Bob Rotruck, the Phantoms Radio Network announcer: Samu has a wicked wrister, usually plays the left boards on the PP and has good speed. Has gone from Zero defense to almost decent defense in 25 games. The whole managemnent team was there last night including LeClair,Sharp Morin, and Stewart. JR Avon was the goat, stupid cross ice pass on PP, intercepted for a breakaway goal. Why Wisdom is still on the team is a mystery to me; the Hathaway of the Phantoms??

Did we trust his defense? If he was bad in his earlier career how can he develop it that fast. Or is he just a solid player on a mediocre team with bad coaching

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
That sounds interesting. But we need more players who are able to play the cycle game and not more shooters. Did he have a solid passing game? And sure we need to see him play longer after his bad start to his professional career.

Did we trust his defense? If he was bad in his earlier career how can he develop it that fast. Or is he just a solid player on a mediocre team with bad coaching

He can definitely pass the puck - will he get shoved off the puck/lose the puck easily in the corners at the next level? I honestly don't know.

Also doesn't sound like his defense is good lol

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
That's not a lot for a rebuilding team.

Read that Barkey, Kaplan, and Knuble were in the mix but got cut.

Michkov would be a shoe in to compete for dynamic talent of the tournament, and I imagine that Zavragin would be on the Russian roster as well.

Next year should look a lot better.

Reactions: captainpaxil

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Read that Barkey, Kaplan, and Knuble were in the mix but got cut.

Michkov would be a shoe in to compete for dynamic talent of the tournament, and I imagine that Zavragin would be on the Russian roster as well.

Next year should look a lot better.
I watched a bit of Kaplan this year and I haven’t been very impressed to be honest. He’s not a bad player, but he is limited and the USA forward roster is pretty darn good.

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021

Big Sam would have been a real favorite even if he was just our homer bottom pair guy.

Glad he got his goal. Morin could have been quite a fun guy to watch, maybe in some other reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad