Prospect Info: 2023-24 #1: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
@Appleyard - Spengler Cup is over - Rizzo with 2 points in 5 or 6 games?? Did you see any of it? Any report?

@BigToe - if you know of a Site to watch Spengler cup PM me, plz.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
@Appleyard - Spengler Cup is over - Rizzo with 2 points in 5 or 6 games?? Did you see any of it? Any report?
I think he finished on the 4th line/extra by the end of the tournament if the game sheets are right.

@BigToe - if you know of a Site to watch Spengler cup PM me, plz.
You used to be able to watch them here but looks like you may need a TSN account now.

Reactions: VladDrag

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
No idea - @Appleyard on that one. I have no idea what to expect from Rizzo the next step up in competition. Really wanted to see 1 or 2 games in the Spengler Cup just to see.
Yeah - his production is outstanding, even if it's a 3rd year. His equivalency translation is around 60 points in the NHL based on his scoring, which is awesome for a 22 year old - but obviously, that conversion has a lot of assumptions built in with large guard rails.

Regardless, I'm still trying to figure out if this was a mistake by Carolina or that he just plans to test FA all along as to the reason why they let him go.

I know the Flyers targeted him specifically, so I'm wondering if they have some thoughts if he'd be willing to sign. It's very confusing.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
On the off chance Rizzo makes the NHL this needs to be posted every time he scores. No exceptions, no excuses.
7bbec1f66166904c1a0c08b3723bc341.jpg

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Yeah - his production is outstanding, even if it's a 3rd year. His equivalency translation is around 60 points in the NHL based on his scoring, which is awesome for a 22 year old - but obviously, that conversion has a lot of assumptions built in with large guard rails.

Regardless, I'm still trying to figure out if this was a mistake by Carolina or that he just plans to test FA all along as to the reason why they let him go.

I know the Flyers targeted him specifically, so I'm wondering if they have some thoughts if he'd be willing to sign. It's very confusing.
Has there been any indication that he won’t sign with the Flyers? If a guy who can play center wants to join a club where there is opportunity at that position, the Flyers would be a fit for him.

Reactions: BernieParent

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Has there been any indication that he won’t sign with the Flyers? If a guy who can play center wants to join a club where there is opportunity at that position, the Flyers would be a fit for him.
No, I haven't heard anything at all. That's why I'm asking. Just have no idea either way.

Reactions: renberg

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Well when your definition of development is "play every third game for one of the worst excuses of a coach", I guess this is preferable....
Have watched some LV games and Gendron was a turn over machine . Has good speed and decent shot but try,s to do stuff that you can get away with in juniors not in the AHL .

He is young so sending him back won't hurt .

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I think he finished on the 4th line/extra by the end of the tournament if the game sheets are right.

You used to be able to watch them here but looks like you may need a TSN account now.

[/URL]
I watched half a period but I turned it off, it was so boring. Rizzo is as advertised, a small, quickish C. We'll see if he signs and goes to Phantoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad