Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Meh...his stuff ain't my thing. But I did enjoy the Andy Samberg/Bill Hader SNL skit where they played Jack Johnson and Dave Matthews.
Jack released a live music festival album that benefits his charity work in Hawaii. There's a couple of great tunes on there but one is him and Dave Matthew covering Jimmy Buffett's A Pirate Looks at 40. Then he had Eddie Vedder join him for Constellations, which was pretty cool as well.

Reactions: Bender

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, JMFJ has lasted a lot longer than I ever expected him to when we first got him but I think father time is catching up with the stud. He's still a good depth guy to have so I'm sort of hoping he'll get some nights off before the playoffs start and be a little fresher/harder to play against.
He needs to be rested. Would love to see him sit 7 of the last 10 games and play Jones and Malinksi some. We need him rested for the playoffs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Jones and Malinksi could use some reps prior to the playoffs to just knock some rust off in case they need to play due to injuries.

Malinski's been playing with the Eagles. He should be good to go if called on.

Jones has been with the Avs, but they seem to do a good job keeping the scratches ready. They do a ton of on and off ice work. Extra practice work and lots of time on the bike.

Jones played well his first game back against Chicago after sitting out for 1.5 months.

Wouldn't mind JJ getting some extra rest before the playoffs though.

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
As good as it is to hear something on him I am not sure we will see much. Even if everything goes as good as can be expected that maybe gets him in for the last 1 or 2 games I would imagine. Hopefully I am wrong.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
He didn't stay out there with them very long before going off to skate on his own. It's still the same as it was. He's not playing before round 2 if he even does this year.
There’s a video of him skating and it’s not very encouraging. Thought he looked better a month or two ago but probably can’t push it if he wanted to.

I don’t think he’s coming at all this year personally. Hope I’m wrong for many reasons.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Yeah I'm honestly of the mind that Landy will play maybe a game or 2, heck maybe even a series, and that's that. f***ing sucks because I really think he's debatably the best captain in the game.

I wish he gets to play this spring so everyone can see if his return to hockey grind is realistic or not. Gives a lot of clarity regarding team planning.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I wish he gets to play this spring so everyone can see if his return to hockey grind is realistic or not. Gives a lot of clarity regarding team planning.
It's still not going to solve all the problems, because he's not going to retire. And LTIR doesn't work the same way off seasons as it does in seasons. His contract will still be an issue.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
It's still not going to solve all the problems, because he's not going to retire. And LTIR doesn't work the same way off seasons as it does in seasons. His contract will still be an issue.

Yeah, it will be. But that's a lot better option than 3rd or 4th liner making 7M per season or a complete mystery whether he plays or not.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
You can go 10% over the cap in the off-season. So LTIR or not, Landy's contract won't be an issue. At least not for now.

Yeah, it will be. But that's a lot better option than 3rd or 4th liner making 7M per season or a complete mystery whether he plays or not.
If it's clear that Landy is not comming back, the Avs can probably keep both Walker AND Druin. If Landy plays next season, both are likely gone. The extensions for Mittelstadt/Toews will eat all the remaining cap space. FO has some tough decisions comming up.

Last edited:

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Landy has been skating for a while now and the team has made a strong effort to keep eyes away from it… which somehow means he’s not going to play?

Of course he is. I just hope that it happens this spring so they can see where he is at.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Landy has been skating for a while now and the team has made a strong effort to keep eyes away from it… which somehow means he’s not going to play?
Vegas isn't showing Stone skating. Obviously they would never show him skate well before the playoffs just for the LTIR situation. It's just being smart.

Meaning, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Also they don't want to add too much stress Landy to comeback which makes sense too. He has stress of his own as it is.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Vegas isn't showing Stone skating. Obviously they would never show him skate well before the playoffs just for the LTIR situation. It's just being smart.

Meaning, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Also they don't want to add too much stress Landy to comeback which makes sense too. He has stress of his own as it is.
That's really my point. People are reading into it that he won't play again when it is is really just keeping the curtain closed.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That tweet and the reaction to it just in this thread alone is the exact reason why no one will get to see him skate. Way too much being read into every single movement and action. Better to keep it behind closed doors and I guess we'll see what happens.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm leery anytime Nuke misses time now. Last time he was sick or under the weather according the Bednar, followed by an announcement several days later that he was entering into the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program.
Rightfully so. The org has straight up lied twice now concerning the reasons why he wasn't there.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad