Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Glad Nuke isn't "sick." Would explain the dip in his ability to battle and play at full speed recently too.

Sounds like another Avalanche groin injury they're trying to prevent from getting worse.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If Kovalenko hasn't skated yet, he could be a ways away.

He's probably lost some conditioning, so he'll have to rehab his injury, get back in shape, probably pass Bednar's skating test he likes to give guys before they play, and then adjust to the Avs system, and what's likely a faster pace than he's used to, and then prove himself to Bednar on top of all that.

All with just 10 games and about a month left in the regular season.

Might put his chances at earning a spot in the playoffs this year in doubt.

Reactions: The Moops

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Thank god for the phenomenal trade deadline acquisitions because with the news of LOC, Landy and now Kovalenko essentially out for playoffs, things would really look dire. It was always a far shot for the latter two, but people were definitely penciling them in all season.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I wonder if Georgiev has the crud now. Kivi is still out with it, G had it but looks like he'll play.

George was in uniform on Tuesday, and at practice yesterday, so unless he tweaked something in practice yesterday, I'm guessing he's sick now.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Thank god for the phenomenal trade deadline acquisitions because with the news of LOC, Landy and now Kovalenko essentially out for playoffs, things would really look dire. It was always a far shot for the latter two, but people were definitely penciling them in all season.
Wait what did I miss? When did they say Landeskog and Kovalenko were out for the playoffs?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Should also be noted that Jack Johnson is clearly battling through something. He missed time earlier, but he just hasn't looked right for a while now. Can't remember the last time he actually bodied someone up, and Bednar is doing a lot to try and limit his minutes.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Wait what did I miss? When did they say Landeskog and Kovalenko were out for the playoffs?
Oh, idk. Seemed like the writing was on the wall for both of them even though neither have been officially ruled out. Just my own sense of what’s happening I guess. Sorry for any misleading

Question, real talk. Where does JMFJ come from? Are his middle initials MF? I hope it stands for “mother f***in’”

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Oh, idk. Seemed like the writing was on the wall for both of them even though neither have been officially ruled out. Just my own sense of what’s happening I guess. Sorry for any misleading

Question, real talk. Where does JMFJ come from? Are his middle initials MF? I hope it stands for “mother f***in’”
Yeah, it's Jack Mother f***ing Johnson. Because he's that damn good. God lord how I wanted him on the Avs with EJ back around 2010. I'm still glad we at least got to see the Johnson & Johnson pairing again in old age. The one Olympics just wasn't enough for me.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You're only now asking this question?

FTR his full legal name is Jack Joseph Louis Johnson III. Not to be confused with Jack Hody Johnson, the musician who at one time was on every festival tour in the country.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
You're only now asking this question?

FTR his full legal name is Jack Joseph Louis Johnson III. Not to be confused with Jack Hody Johnson, the musician who at one time was on every festival tour in the country.
JJ the musician has some really solid albums if you enjoy low key, laid back beach type music. The entire In Between Dreams album is great.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
JJ the musician has some really solid albums if you enjoy low key, laid back beach type music. The entire In Between Dreams album is great.
Meh...his stuff ain't my thing. But I did enjoy the Andy Samberg/Bill Hader SNL skit where they played Jack Johnson and Dave Matthews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad