Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 3

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Who cares, whining about a rule we abused as well regardless of how you did it just looks pathetic. Embrace it and blame the rest of the league for allowing it to be used.
Anyone who wants to care, that's who can care. Now what is a pathetic act, is someone just accepting being called cheaters when one is not. Then on top of that, accepting being compared to obvious cheaters who are abusing system yearly. Then go.... "Yeah, we abused it like Vegas: the league allows it, embrace it and blame others!!!!". Personally, think having more respect for what Lightning accomplished since 2015 is way to go, but each their own. Now that's unless, one has just gotten to point it's not worth it fighting on internet. I can get all that, but if that's the case. Finding the calling out of Lightning fans, who do fight that fight. Well, using your words...... "A pathetic act". Lightning and Vegas aren't from same cloth, they don't run organizations same, didn't built teams same, did not use LTIR the same, and like 3rd Jersey mentions......"We've earned our stripes".

Lightning fans have many reasons to be proud of way organization built this team. This makes it difficult to understand why any Lightning fan would join false accusations. Lightning fans should know team was built through draft, smart trades, blood, sweat, and tears. That took years to do and this group didn't win because front office used LTIR for one year, in year 7, during historical run(6 ECF's, 4 SCF's, and 2 "Cups" within 8 yrs time). But....... everyone has different coping mechanisms, so no biggy. Suppose a more active poster here would have to create defenses to use when it's Lightning -vs- other fan-bases.. So the good old... "Yeah, we did it!!!! So what?" embracing it would be natural defense for some to use. That route is easier than actually putting up a fight. So it's understandable why that is popular behavior or tactic used. Myself, is having difficult time accepting Lightning players, coaches, and others not getting their due after 8 years of dominance. When we consider Lightning players, coaches, media, or anyone affiliated with organization: can not fight back without series push-back from NHL. We Lightning fans are their voice unless budlight truth serum is used: then we get more Kucherov #1 BS press conferences and little taste of truth. But..... Kuch will pay for those truth-bombs rest of his career though. So again, we Lightning fans are this teams voice.

With Vegas becoming LTIR hotbed year after year: we're seeing comparison to us & them during these conversations. That's bunk and should be called out for what it is. Would one just embrace ones mom/dad being called a name after one event, when neighbors parents were actually having same event after event, night after night, and year after year? Would one say afterwards..... "Yeah, our Mom did that event once, and we should just embrace neighbors calling our Mom out for that one event, that toher Moms do day afte dayk night after night, and year after year!!!". Each their own, but I'm not embracing Lightning being compared to Vegas because Lightning did LTIR event once -vs- multiple yearly LTIR events done by Vegas. Lightning organization is not cut for same cloth: our players, coaches, front office, and fans deserve better than that.

Go Lightning !!!!!

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Who cares, whining about a rule we abused as well regardless of how you did it just looks pathetic. Embrace it and blame the rest of the league for allowing it to be used.
This. It gets brought up at the GM meetings and they don't want to change it.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
MacK got an apple in the 1st period.
The Bolts gotta step it up for Kuch tomorrow, feed him everything and bury everything he feeds them.

Reactions: flying squirrel

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
This. It gets brought up at the GM meetings and they don't want to change it.
Stinks to hear GM's have no intention of changing abuse loop-hole in future. When it obvious abuses are taking place. Regardless, it's was sad to see any Lightning fan accepting we're like Vegas after 8 yrs of pure dominance by this group. Team deserves better,

Vegas's abuses of LTIR will most likely snowball into most of NHL becoming like a household, where one child is never punished by parents. While other children behave, do chores, get good grades, follow rules, etc. But all children, no matter behavior, get an allowance at weeks end. Eventually all kids doing right will say......'Screw it, why should we?" If that's environment NHL wants, that's what they'll get.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
MacK got an apple in the 1st period.
The Bolts gotta step it up for Kuch tomorrow, feed him everything and bury everything he feeds them.
Sadly, this core group gets all wacky when it comes to indivual awards moments sometimes. Lightning have been trying to force it last few games, top-line staying on shifts to long, and you name it. Hope Kucherov does it, but with this teams history of getting over indivual-record-humps. I'll have to see them do it before beleiving it will happen. This is one of the teams funky trade-offs I've come to terms with, especialy if that means 6 ECF's, 4 SCF's, and 2 "Cups' in 8 years time.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Bolts are locked into the 7th seed now

Still could potentially be Rags, Turds, Broons, but mostly likely Boston.

Mackinnon has one more game to make up the difference on Kucherov, Kuch has two more games.

We will actually be done before Av's play their last game. Kucherov has to pad his lead big time to be safe.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Bolts are locked into the 7th seed now

Still could potentially be Rags, Turds, Broons, but mostly likely Boston.

Mackinnon has one more game to make up the difference on Kucherov, Kuch has two more games.

We will actually be done before Av's play their last game. Kucherov has to pad his lead big time to be safe.
Would like to see them play NYR

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I don’t think playing Boston + Florida is that much different than playing New York + Carolina. Florida is probably the team that worries me the most out of that group but those Metro teams are both beasts as well.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
During last night's broadcast they mentioned Motte was considered day-to-day.

Edit. We should rest guys if we can tomorrow. I could see Toronto resting quite a few after they face Panthers tonight (specially if Austin gets #70) in which case we should be doing the same

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Anyone who wants to care, that's who can care. Now what is a pathetic act, is someone just accepting being called cheaters when one is not. Then on top of that, accepting being compared to obvious cheaters who are abusing system yearly. Then go.... "Yeah, we abused it like Vegas: the league allows it, embrace it and blame others!!!!". Personally, think having more respect for what Lightning accomplished since 2015 is way to go, but each their own. Now that's unless, one has just gotten to point it's not worth it fighting on internet. I can get all that, but if that's the case. Finding the calling out of Lightning fans, who do fight that fight. Well, using your words...... "A pathetic act". Lightning and Vegas aren't from same cloth, they don't run organizations same, didn't built teams same, did not use LTIR the same, and like 3rd Jersey mentions......"We've earned our stripes".

Lightning fans have many reasons to be proud of way organization built this team. This makes it difficult to understand why any Lightning fan would join false accusations. Lightning fans should know team was built through draft, smart trades, blood, sweat, and tears. That took years to do and this group didn't win because front office used LTIR for one year, in year 7, during historical run(6 ECF's, 4 SCF's, and 2 "Cups" within 8 yrs time). But....... everyone has different coping mechanisms, so no biggy. Suppose a more active poster here would have to create defenses to use when it's Lightning -vs- other fan-bases.. So the good old... "Yeah, we did it!!!! So what?" embracing it would be natural defense for some to use. That route is easier than actually putting up a fight. So it's understandable why that is popular behavior or tactic used. Myself, is having difficult time accepting Lightning players, coaches, and others not getting their due after 8 years of dominance. When we consider Lightning players, coaches, media, or anyone affiliated with organization: can not fight back without series push-back from NHL. We Lightning fans are their voice unless budlight truth serum is used: then we get more Kucherov #1 BS press conferences and little taste of truth. But..... Kuch will pay for those truth-bombs rest of his career though. So again, we Lightning fans are this teams voice.

With Vegas becoming LTIR hotbed year after year: we're seeing comparison to us & them during these conversations. That's bunk and should be called out for what it is. Would one just embrace ones mom/dad being called a name after one event, when neighbors parents were actually having same event after event, night after night, and year after year? Would one say afterwards..... "Yeah, our Mom did that event once, and we should just embrace neighbors calling our Mom out for that one event, that toher Moms do day afte dayk night after night, and year after year!!!". Each their own, but I'm not embracing Lightning being compared to Vegas because Lightning did LTIR event once -vs- multiple yearly LTIR events done by Vegas. Lightning organization is not cut for same cloth: our players, coaches, front office, and fans deserve better than that.

Go Lightning !!!!!
As big a pile of shit as I have read here. Your arguments are laughable. We used the system to win a Cup, period. If JBB could have found a way to do it again and again and again then he should have and if others want to attempt to use the system to try to win Cups then good for them. Until they change the system - which they most definitely should, but won't - then that's the way it is. And for the record, along with TOR, FLA and the NYI, there is no team that I despise more than the VGK.

Reactions: Outl4w

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
just lmao at anyone that thinks the salary cap is for parity, as time and time again the owners have shown that they don't give a shit about parity, but they do be liking some wage suppression.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Watching the Florida vs Toronto game to see who we end up against

Florida getting pushed around by the Leafs. Florida not all that physical. They really do hate Tampa, cause they're usually out to injure our players.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
As big a pile of shit as I have read here. Your arguments are laughable. We used the system to win a Cup, period. If JBB could have found a way to do it again and again and again then he should have and if others want to attempt to use the system to try to win Cups then good for them. Until they change the system - which they most definitely should, but won't - then that's the way it is. And for the record, along with TOR, FLA and the NYI, there is no team that I despise more than the VGK.
Don't think I ever denied Lightning use of LTIR, or say move wasn't was smart, but way Lightning operate isn't same as Vegas. Both can be true at same time. Again, think it stinks that Lightning fans are so quick to throw away 7 other years of dominance that this organization pulled off. Then sit back and let others compare that to Vegas's methods after 1 year of LTIR use. Then on top of that, now pilling on any Lightning fans who thinks this is worth fighting against. Really? Did other fan bases do that much damage Lightning fans, they just have accepted being compared to what Vegas is doing now? Suppose I get that: fan(s) would come up with mechanism that bushes off any static. Especially if a poster, was on here weekly, when those debates were happening during Kucherov's situation in real time If that's the stance...... "Sure we did it, so what? Embrace it!!!!!" one took back then. Guess it makes sense for one to stick with that. Now situation has changed though, new infomation is here, and Vegas abuses have changed that equation/conversation.

Unfortunately at same time, this not fighting for our players, coach, etc. behavior doesn't shock me after fans crap on our own over the internet. So do those fans fight for Lightning's body of work over 8 years time? See that dissing of our own on here to many times too, and if ya wanna know what's the worse thing I've read here in my time. Well, there ya go.... the dissing our own players, coaches, front office, and own fans is as bad as it gets. Wish I could say it wasn't darn right nasty/ugly at time, but treatment is terrible. That's way worse than debating what's right or wrong or defend teams blood, sweat, and tears. It was fortunate timing that Lightning took full advantage LTIR rule like rule was intended. I'll own that all day long, but what Lightning did is not the same act as what Vegas is doing last 3 years.... Get what others are saying about it's a mess up rule, accept it. But I'm not going to accept their body of work being thrown to curb like that over one year of LTIR use. This Lightning bunch deserves better for what they did on-the-ice.

I'll creep back into the shadows: go back to just lurking because there's not much more to say about my feelings concerning this. Other fans are free to think, believe, and can decide themselves what's worth fighting for. Peace. and Go Lightning!!!!!

Reactions: Outl4w

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad