Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
@Hockeyville USA , hindsight much? You can't change the picks to fit your narrative. We picked shitty players and they didn't work out. Luckily we moved a few for good pieces before anyone knew they weren't good enough. But the ones we picked aren't better than Jeannot. BriseBois either knows he can't draft or our development isn't getting the job done so he's using draft picks to find cheap players on other teams to fill out the roster.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
@Hockeyville USA , hindsight much? You can't change the picks to fit your narrative. We picked shitty players and they didn't work out. Luckily we moved a few for good pieces before anyone knew they weren't good enough. But the ones we picked aren't better than Jeannot. BriseBois either knows he can't draft or our development isn't getting the job done so he's using draft picks to find cheap players on other teams to fill out the roster.
Just need to shoot ABB and Sheary out of a cannon.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Annnndddd we can remove all speculation. Our struggles early on were in fact due to the team flat out not giving a crap and not being able to be bothered to do anything but conserve energy. We just punched 2 of the best teams in hockey right in the mouth without Sergachev.

This team is borderline toxic

Last edited:

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Team has been trending in the right direction.

This is out of date but I don't see how its not still going up.

11PonqK.png

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The haters are in shambles right now man
I know this isn't a serious post, but I've always found it weird when people say stuff like this seriously. It's not like we shit on this team's players because we hate them. It's because they're playing like shit and want them to be better. We're not upset if the players we shit on start playing well.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I know this isn't a serious post, but I've always found it weird when people say stuff like this seriously. It's not like we shit on this team's players because we hate them. It's because they're playing like shit and want them to be better. We're not upset if the players we shit on start playing well.
I have fun with it anyway. If Vasilevskiy can sustain what we saw last night I think the Lightning are in good shape.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Have you considered that shitposting doesn’t always have to be negative? It gets old.

Reactions: Master P

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Vasy is returning to form. Cooper needs to just get a titanium lineup card with the 3rd line being Cirllei/Hagel/Asseymont and never ever fricking change it. Whatever confidence pills they are giving to the bottom 4 d-men keep giving them. If we can figure out a way to get something, anything aout of Sheary/ABB we can be dangerous again.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Vasy is returning to form. Cooper needs to just get a titanium lineup card with the 3rd line being Cirllei/Hagel/Asseymont and never ever fricking change it. Whatever confidence pills they are giving to the bottom 4 d-men keep giving them. If we can figure out a way to get something, anything aout of Sheary/ABB we can be dangerous again.
I don't think that is remotely possible at this point. I love your third line with Cirelli. Hagel is a top 6 player no question though.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
I don't think that is remotely possible at this point. I love your third line with Cirelli. Hagel is a top 6 player no question though.

Hagel is a top 6 for sure. But the combination of pure scrap and grit makes that line top 2. The sum is greater than the parts.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
cirelli and hagel are good together. if you can trade for a good linemate for them it should be fine with cirelli top 6

Stamkos-Point-Kucherov
Hagel-Cirelli-Guentzel
Jeannot-Paul-Eyssimont
Motte-Glendening-Sheary

something like that. bottom 6 probably bad but not much you can do

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
cirelli and hagel are good together. if you can trade for a good linemate for them it should be fine with cirelli top 6

Stamkos-Point-Kucherov
Hagel-Cirelli-Guentzel
Jeannot-Paul-Eyssimont
Motte-Glendening-Sheary

something like that. bottom 6 probably bad but not much you can do

I’d freak out if this team got guentzel or forsberg!! Sheary out of the lineup and run 7 D. Vasi starts playing well again? This team would be a PITA in the playoffs.

Right now I feel like the sheary motte essyimont line is pretty unplayable and abb should never be in the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad