2023-2024 Coaching/Management/Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I do blame Cronin for the penalties. He's playing a high pressure D system and a high pressure forechecking system. He's wearing our guys out and they're taking penalties because they're tired and a step behind.
I agree that a more tired team = more penalized team, but I also feel like half of our penalties have been on tripping players immediately off the face off or Killorn wrapping his arm around somebody in the offensive zone lol

I really do think that guys come from other, better teams and get called for things that used to do all the time

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'm not sure I agree the blame for the high amount of penalties is primarily on Coach Cronin. Discipline has been a problem well before Cronin got here. I'm fine with assessing blame to coaching staff (like for the PK strategy), but the players need to take blame as well.

Crazy stat about the PK though...22 more goals against than the next team. Ouch. That cannot happen again. 1000 percent agree with you there the special teams needs to be much better.

• TSH
    • Last year = 280 times (82 games)
    • This year = 308 times (76 games)

Cronin was brought in to be a more accountable coach. Cronin's been an assistant head coach for a couple of NHL teams for several years. Why does Cronin have a more undisciplined bunch than last year's team with lesser talent? And we still have six more games to go!

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I went to an ECHL game last night... The Steelheads in Boise. It's amazing to watch a team that can execute and play fundamentally excellent hockey. Yeah, sure it's a different/lower level league, but coaching system (and player smarts) looked so much better than our Ducks, scary to say. Great passing, converting 1 timers, 2-1's... lots of movement on PP.

• Wow
Reactions: Yemeth

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
We are slowly becoming Buffalo West.. Thats scary.. How long is Cronin signed for? He finishes his contract and is not renewed.. But PV needs to bring in a Veteran Coach.. With NHL Experience.. Bring in Gallant..
Do not bring in Gallant. He is not a youth development coach at all. He's a get your veterans to play a good system well for one season and then watch as Gallant assumes that his vets will just always execute the same way every time without the need for effort on silly things like refinement and refreshment.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No one really is defending him. They're just saying he should get another year. Eakins got four, for crying out loud.

Yeah I am willing to give him another season. With different assistants, and a better roster. That will be his true test. I’m just frustrated because I know our kids could be doing better, and put a lot of fault on the system and coaching.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
I’m Curious if PV and Cronin will actually change the assistants. I’m not so sure because I think they are going to blame this season fully on injuries and not anything related to coaching, strategy, scheme, or system.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad