2023-2024 AUS Thread

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Do you think there would ever be a situation where UQTR/McGill/Concordia and the AUS schools merge into one conference? Something like we see with men’s volleyball or Bishops in football?

Reactions: Hollywood3

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
I hope not, that would increase our expenses by a lot... would be nice to see other teams but I think they con's outweigh the pro's (if we look at it from the schools POV). UNB and DAL didn't have much of a choice when it came to MVB, and neither did Bishop if they wanted an outside chance to compete.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
I don’t have a problem with paying but I hope the quality of the broadcasts improve at certain rinks.
Honestly the only places I have any complaints with are Dal and X. Not sure what Moncton is like , been to every UNB game in Moncton or Fredericton for years and can’t remember the last time I watched a Moncton webcast.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Honestly the only places I have any complaints with are Dal and X. Not sure what Moncton is like , been to every UNB game in Moncton or Fredericton for years and can’t remember the last time I watched a Moncton webcast.
Moncton isn’t very good . Not so much the broadcast but the camera angle. Same with Dal. Not sure if that can be fixed though,

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
Build me a new rink and I'll fix the webcast lol.

I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't... if I put the camera in the stands it's too low for gameplay action and in the press box is too high.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site

I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't... if I put the camera in the stands it's too low for gameplay action and in the press box is too high.
I understand. Your options are limited. It is still a watchable product though.

For UNB games you should host at the Avenir Centre. 😎

Campy

Jan 27, 2019

If there are any insights into improving a webcast without a new arena, Miramichi should be checked out. Timberwolves junior A webcast used to be trash, whatever they did this season greatly improved their product.

Island Husky

Sep 18, 2008
Kensington PEI
If there are any insights into improving a webcast without a new arena, Miramichi should be checked out. Timberwolves junior A webcast used to be trash, whatever they did this season greatly improved their product.
I have been watching a lot of Junior A this year on FLO, much more expensive, but it is a good quality stream. Saw the entire Miramichi/Edmunston series, yes it was good, so was Amherst Stadium considering its age. I don't know what the FLO guys are using but it is better than AUSTV. That is not surprising, it is a harder go for Universities. Don't know who did Junior A last season? These guys do junior A across Canada, and ECHL! After Summerside/Amherst last game of series, saw two OT games in ECHL, both had ex AUS players in lineups.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
I have been watching a lot of Junior A this year on FLO, much more expensive, but it is a good quality stream. Saw the entire Miramichi/Edmunston series, yes it was good, so was Amherst Stadium considering its age. I don't know what the FLO guys are using but it is better than AUSTV. That is not surprising, it is a harder go for Universities. Don't know who did Junior A last season? These guys do junior A across Canada, and ECHL! After Summerside/Amherst last game of series, saw two OT games in ECHL, both had ex AUS players in lineups.
Last year, FloHockey bought out HockeyTV who had the platform for maritime Junior A webcast.

Flo is just the streaming platform, they don't actually do production at the local arenas. The teams do it or they contract it out to a local production company. UNB and the junior A Red Wings use Aurora Productions, a Fredericton based company.

MiamiHockeyII

Mar 24, 2022
Do you think there would ever be a situation where UQTR/McGill/Concordia and the AUS schools merge into one conference? Something like we see with men’s volleyball or Bishops in football?

Are you referring specifically to hockey? Or to RSEG merging with AUS?

RSEQ is huge and oversees college (CEGEP) level competition as well. I don't see them having any interest.

As for McGill, Concordia, and UQTR ... why on earth would they leave a league with their main competitors a 2-3 hour drive away (Ottawa, Carleton, Queens, RMC) for a league with the nearest competitor a 9 hour drive away? The cost and logistics would be prohibitive.

Reactions: AUS Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad