2023-2024 AUS Thread

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
Any talk about Moncton possible hosting the UCup in the near future? The Avenir Centre is an excellent venue. I know they just missed out on the Memorial Cup.

I would love to, But we'll see what the future brings. Participating this year will definitely help move things along for sure.

The game on Tuesday shows up on the Moncton ticket webpage, but doesn't show any available tickets yet. I'm sure it will sell out.

The only way I was able to start printing tickets ahead of our "opening" the box office was to put a hold on all of the tickets, print the sponsor and other tickets I needed and then release the rest of them. We will give a 24-hour period to our season ticket holders starting at 10AM tommorow morning to come and get their tickets, and then we will release the rest of the tickets to the general public on Friday 10AM or after lunch.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach

Is this the correct link to buy tickets? Nothing showing up as available for me

Edit- should have read your entire post and stopped panicking.. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: timbitca

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Been some really good crowds so far these playoffs. SMU and X had really good attendance for their respective game 3’s + Moncton/UNB have had big crowds for their four home games so far.

EDIT - St. FX women’s hockey also had a big crowd for game 5 last night vs. STU…and just saw volleyball at Acadia is sold out tonight too.

EDIT2 - Just saw the AUS Basketball Championships in Halifax had a record attendance as well.

Last edited:

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Been some really good crowds so far these playoffs. SMU and X had really good attendance for their respective game 3’s + Moncton/UNB have had big crowds for their four home games so far.

EDIT - St. FX women’s hockey also had a big crowd for game 5 last night vs. STU…and just saw volleyball at Acadia is sold out tonight too.

I noticed that too. I wonder if having to pay for streaming in the playoffs has something to do with it?

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I noticed that too. I wonder if having to pay for streaming in the playoffs has something to do with it?
I'd be curious if the attendance + streaming numbers are higher this year versus last? Or the customers have just decided that watching the games live for $10-$15 is better than watching online for $9-$10.

I went back and looked at UNB's attendance for last year's playoffs and their two games against Moncton were in the 2500 range and game one against SMU was 2331. They only really drew a big crowd for game 3 against SMU (3374).

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I'd be curious if the attendance + streaming numbers are higher this year versus last? Or the customers have just decided that watching the games live for $10-$15 is better than watching online for $9-$10.

I went back and looked at UNB's attendance for last year's playoffs and their two games against Moncton were in the 2500 range and game one against SMU was 2331. They only really drew a big crowd for game 3 against SMU (3374).

Well with UNB we can certainly say that the perfect season is a factor. When I see the attendance for the rest of the league though I'm thinking that the pay per view has something to do with it.
We will know for sure if the AUS decides to charges for all regular season games like Canada West does.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Well with UNB we can certainly say that the perfect season is a factor. When I see the attendance for the rest of the league though I'm thinking that the pay per view has something to do with it.
We will know for sure if the AUS decides to charges for all regular season games like Canada West does.
I’d be all for paying if the quality improves. I don’t expect anything as good as UNB but if all the webcasts were as good as Acadia or UPEI I’d gladly pay for it.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
UNB with a 3-1 victory over UdeM. EN goal with 1.1 sec left.

A big factor in the score was UdeM goaltender Olivier Adam who made several great saves. After UNB tied the game at 1's they seemed to carry the play for the most part.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Before the game I wasn't really that excited about the series. Now I'm really looking forward to game 2.

It was nice to see a sizeable contingent of Les Aigles fans in the building tonight. It has been over a decade since I've seen that.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Before the game I wasn't really that excited about the series. Now I'm really looking forward to game 2.

It was nice to see a sizeable contingent of Les Aigles fans in the building tonight. It has been over a decade since I've seen that.
Last time I remember that many was 2007.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I was looking today on Xwitter and saw a thing from Spittin Chicklets where Bissonette was ranting about UNB playing the NCAA champion and UNB would beat them badly.
I know CIS teams have gone south and played and have won a game or two, but I think overall the NCAA has the better record.

Is there anywhere I can find "historical" data on CIS-NCAA games?

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I was looking today on Xwitter and saw a thing from Spittin Chicklets where Bissonette was ranting about UNB playing the NCAA champion and UNB would beat them badly.
I know CIS teams have gone south and played and have won a game or two, but I think overall the NCAA has the better record.

Is there anywhere I can find "historical" data on CIS-NCAA games?
Drummer has the queries for UNB games vs NCAA, but not other teams.
RedSea Query Page

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Good work by Ben Stenier:

"With all the talk about the fantasy idea of this year's UNB Reds taking on the soon-to-be-decided NCAA Frozen Four Champions, I took a look back at how NCAA champs have fared against U SPORTS programs since 2000. Only Alberta and UNB have beaten the NCAA champs in season or 1+"

1711486579058.png

Reactions: dm8895 and timbitca

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
It's all guessing and hot stove talk at this point, but I would have liked to see this year's UNB group against a good NCAA team. It's the best UNB team I've ever seen. They've had more talent in years prior, but top to bottom and any which way accross, this is the best and most complete group I've seen them have. I can't find a weakness in the lineup and they will outwork you all day and all night long.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I agree with Timbit. Gardiner seems to feel some of his other teams had more talent, especially the 2020 and 2021 team (the one that practiced but never played a game). However, I think you have to say that this was the most effective or efficient "team" ever. It was a Red(s) machine. The results speak for themselves.

Island Husky

Sep 18, 2008
Kensington PEI
Next Season, 24-25 they are.

Reactions: AUS Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad