Prospect Info: 2023 14th Overall - Brayden Yager

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I don't see that. He can move around the net and in tight. His skating all around would be better served with some improvement, but that's going to come. I personally think he'll be NHL ready in less than 2 years, and should walk right into a top 9 role. He needs to be on the Colby Armstrong WBS diet. Eat 10,000 calories and go to the gym.
i wasn't saying your wrong, just pointing out the gap in what people see. I'm high on the kid. from what I can tell, his skating the mechanics are good, so just by adding strength it should improve both edge work and speed. his attention to defense is good (he even kills penalty's) and with the adding of strength that will improve greatly. his faceoffs are a + and will only improve as yes. he gets stronger. are you seeing a common theme? :laugh: this was/is a pick that's all about up side.

Offtheboard412

Feb 26, 2012
He kind of reminds me of Brandon Sutter. Good shot, good straightline speed. Kind of lacking everywhere else. I think he could potentially make it into the NHL a bit quicker than some are thinking if he's asked to keep it simple playing a bottom 6 role and just using his skating and shooting to get pucks on net.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Ah yes, much like my lifestyle. Minus the gym
I had a lipid panel done and had to ask my doctor "How high can triglyceride numbers go?"

He kind of reminds me of Brandon Sutter. Good shot, good straightline speed. Kind of lacking everywhere else. I think he could potentially make it into the NHL a bit quicker than some are thinking if he's asked to keep it simple playing a bottom 6 role and just using his skating and shooting to get pucks on net.
Luckily he showed this year that he is willing to work heavily on his deficiencies.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
yeah if he wanted to play wing he would be here soon, but the kid wants to be a center and that will take a little/lot longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad