Prospect Info: 2023 14th Overall - Brayden Yager

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I was originally high on him but started to lean towards other picks but I think it’s a good pick. Just an all-around skilled guy, good release. Was called “not much of a playmaker” last summer so he became more of a playmaker this year. You kinda like to see that.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Not gonna lie, haven’t ever seen the kid play, but looking at the scouting reports, I’m cool with the pick. We need scorers in the system and he’s a C. By the time he’s ready, the big guys will be gone.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Was hoping Benson would make it to the Pens. At this point it's all a roll of the dice. Pleasantly surprised they didn't default to Wood because of his size. Didn't think they'd pass on Perreault though.

Reactions: Andy99

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
You need skill and speed in this league. You unless their skill is through the roof, a lack of speed will kill you.

Love the pick dude was way higher up the board earlier in the process so you know he has what is needed to be a very good player.

And the fact he is a C is just a cherry on top. Take more impactful players and positions this high in the draft.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens have zip at RH center, RH D and size at RW. I take him, Wood or Pilikka at RD. So he fits a need and probably the center is the biggest hard to find. Hopefully can grow and add needed size but 5-11 170 can be a 190 pound guy in 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad