2022 World Junior Championship has been cancelled (MOD: Stay on topic)

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
I'm almost curious to ask which country your government is located in?

And are you sure you aren't accidentally blaming Canada for Marin's (well deserved) night out?
The two positvie player-cases from Russia and Sweden were Michkov and Wallstedt.
1. Theese where the best players for their teams so far, so getting Covid apparently enhances your performance! Lol

2. The conspiration theorist in me goes " Canadian lab testing = best players positve" hm.. such a strange coincidence. if so, I dont think it was the intention to get the whole tournament cancelled though, lol.
Merely theese two players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daimon and o6mopok

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
The IIHF and Hockey Canada completely screwed up.

Omicron was known to be evading vaccine protection weeks ago, which meant either a bubble (allowed by health authorities) or only removing symptomatic players (not gonna fly).
The need to require a bubble was obvious from the beginning of December, it is not hindsight. Apologists like Spector need to quit blowing smoke up the IIHF's butt and spewing BS and call out the incompetence for what it is.

Totally and utterly embarrassing incompetence by the tournament organizers.

Whatever. It's just entertainment. But call a spade a spade, bootlicking media. I have better things to be posting about.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The two positvie player-cases from Russia and Sweden were Michkov and Wallstedt.
1. Theese where the best players for their teams so far, so getting Covid apparently enhances your performance! Lol

2. The conspiration theorist in me goes " Canadian lab testing = best players positve" hm.. such a strange coincidence. if so, I dont think it was the intention to get the whole tournament cancelled though, lol.
Merely theese two players.

Yeah, they weren’t that good. Not to the point of yanking them from the tournament. Michkov already lost 6-3 to Canada pre-tournament.

Snauen said:
. To me it looks like someone in the management and planning there were trying to use the Covid-situation as a "power tool" to gain on ice advantages for Canada and it backfired and the IIHF merely canceled the whole thing?

Or, you know, they were just incompetent in terms of planning around the most virulent form of the disease that we’ve seen yet.

Your tinfoil hat conspiracy is absurd.

I suppose we infected one of our own guys just to cover our tracks.

Five additional WJC players test positive, including one Canadian - TSN.ca

Last edited:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I think you are one of my favourite posters on here. In this case though Im sorry yet for me the shadow falls on Hockey-Canada. To me it looks like someone in the management and planning there were trying to use the Covid-situation as a "power tool" to gain on ice advantages for Canada and it backfired and the IIHF merely canceled the whole thing?
That is the most ridiculous comment on this thread.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
No doubt. No one wants to see Justin Trudeau dancing.

justin-trudeau-dancing.gif

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Switch "ridiculous" with rational and we're in agreement.

I have it good authority that Sweden infected its own players in order to avoid another potential medal round loss.

Makes a lot of sense really given the recent track record - the coach knew his ass was on the line and COVID-19 was his solution to preserve his reputation.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Michkov was infected given that he had just played Sweden.

Reactions: Cotton and 93LEAFS

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Yeah, they weren’t that good. Not to the point of yanking them from the tournament. Michkov already lost 6-3 to Canada pre-tournament.

Or, you know, they were just incompetent in terms of planning around the most virulent form of the disease that we’ve seen yet.

Your tinfoil hat conspiracy is absurd.

I suppose we infected one of our own guys just to cover our tracks.

Five additional WJC players test positive, including one Canadian - TSN.ca
Yea good idea, why not ("infect our own players")? Cause like I already said here. The "sick ones" (positive tests) were amongst the best ones in the tournament so far =Testing positive in Canada will likely enhance your on ice performance! Lol

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
I don't see the connection between the thread-title and the posts where people express their secret wish, or not so secret any more, that all the unvaccinated people should die or at least become very ill.
Unfortunately it’s an example of what we live in today. We need more love than hate. I know where to get it hope others find it

Reactions: Daimon and wacko2

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yea good idea, why not ("infect our own players")? Cause like I already said here. The "sick ones" (positive tests) were amongst the best ones in the tournament so far =Testing positive in Canada will likely enhance your on ice performance! Lol
Canada isn't East Germany. This is ridiculous.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Canada isn't East Germany. This is ridiculous.
Im sure this is practicized in other places than Canada too right now at this moment. Anywhere you can disqualify and cancel out anyone human or group with the help of a test weather or not this person is sick, is indeed a "new East Germany".

Last edited:
Reactions: wacko2

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Im sure this is practicized in other places than Canada too right now at this moment. Anywhere you can disqualify and cancel out anyone human or group with the help of a test wheather or not this person is sick, is indeed a "new East Germany".

It’s like when Sweden threw a game at the 2006 Olympics.

Anything to win Gold, no matter what sportsmanship means.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husqvarna

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This f***ing sucks. One week ago i lost my girlfriend and a job and an elected position on the same day. My love of hockey and the late night (in Sweden) sessions watching the WJC with a beer really helped me pull through. f*** this shit and f*** Corona

That all sucks - feeling your pain about losing the U20's as a nice immersion escape from the fresh pains of daily life.

Hope things start to break your way soon.

member 305909

Actually, when thinking about it how all those countries sent a team to Canada they trusted the Canadian organisers to be able to pull this off. Had they been told that the tournament might have to be cancelled midway would they have bothered to turn up at all for nothing?

Reactions: wacko2

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Actually, when thinking about it how all those countries sent a team to Canada they trusted the Canadian organisers to be able to pull this off. Had they been told that the tournament might have to be cancelled midway would they have bothered to turn up at all for nothing?

Hey now, a trip to Red Deer is its own reward.

Reactions: Czechboy

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Can we add "discussion of old tournaments TSN is showing because the 2022 one is canceled" to this thread, it's sort of on topic. But I don't want to violate mod rule

Pretty fun to lol at the people they ignore who become mega stars and the guys they hype as hall of famers who barely made the nhl

Or Pierre "if Phil Kessel was born 3 weeks earlier he'd be eligible for 2005 draft then the question would be Phil Kessel or Sidney Crosby"

Last edited:

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Man I'm still so mad that this got canceled. I just feel cheated. New Years eve just isn't the same without the world juniors. I can't imagine what the kids feel.

Reactions: Czechboy and wacko2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad