GDT: 2022 WJC Gold Medal Game FIN vs CAN 6pm MT, 8pm ET 2022-08-20

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
…and Women’s Olympic Gold… and Women’s Worlds Gold… and Women’s U-18 Gold (featuring Jarome Iginla’s daughter by the way!)

I know you think women’s hockey doesn’t count, but if you’re throwing junior tournaments into the mix, then we most definitely count women’s tournaments!
Hlinka>Women's Olympics gold and that's not even close.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Hlinka>Women's Olympics gold and that's not even close.
They are different tournaments and mean different things to different people. Finland, fights for Bronze in women’s tournaments, so I’m not surprised they don’t put the same value on it.

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
If this game goes to OT i hope theres ko ref theatrics. That OT call costs Canada at the WHC. The absolute worst call ive ever seen watching hockey.

Reactions: Laphroaig

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
…and Women’s Olympic Gold… and Women’s Worlds Gold… and Women’s U-18 Gold (featuring Jarome Iginla’s daughter by the way!)

I know you think women’s hockey doesn’t count, but if you’re throwing junior tournaments into the mix, then we most definitely count women’s tournaments!
Sorry. I forgot that women's hockey existed.

• Haha
Reactions: AppalachianFinn13

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017
I will only get up at 3am to watch it if Finland wins. I haven't decided yet but it's looking like a Canadian win

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Can’t wait for the crying, doesn’t matter who wins and how because both fanbases are gonna keep bitching and crying about it for the next year, just like every time.
These are literally the two worst fanbases in international hockey haha. I might sit this one out.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I expect Finland to give TC a harder time for this one, Im saying 4-3 Finland.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Team Canada has everything Team Finland has multiplied. Add the home ice and we have the real and clear winner in red and white. Only Miracle can save Finland. But, surely, miracles do happen, on and off the ice. Yet they happen only sparingly and rarely; otherwise we called them a commonplace.

If Leijonat happen to win this one, regard and respect it as a true miracle. At the repective level as, say, Patrik Laine beating Connor McDavid in speed skating - with or without a.puck, in straigth line or around a row of pylons. Sometimes there is this one tiny, invisible crack in the ice that changes everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad