Speculation: 2022 Trade Deadline Targets

Biggest need at the TDL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Kind of want one more d-man just in case. I'd take Chara as my #7 over Foote if JBB can swing a deal there, with an added asset coming from NYI. Handedness doesn't matter a ton imo, as Sergachev is perfectly fine on the right side.

When we traded for Claesson, JBB said something about using 9 different d-men in the prior playoff run and how depth at the position is so important. Foote-Claesson-Day-Raddysh isn't bad as a 7-10 group but I wouldn't be shocked to see an upgrade somehow, even if it's a current AHL player/tweener.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Mayfield would be a great addition.
Damon Severson? Carson Soucy?
Both have contracts that finish season after this one so fits what JBB has been doing. Not sure what would be the price on Severson

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
All these guys going to Arizona will find the Coyotes ASU rink is nearly ready.
FQsfZxQ.jpg

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
The craziest part of the TDL is Eklund is breaking trades correctly. We really are living in the worst timeline.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I like the idea of getting one more upgrade for our D.
But money have to go out as well. Trade away Foote? Even tho I personally don't like what I see from him so far, it'd be selling him at a very low value, we should probably give him a bit more time to develop.
Rutta? We could send Rutta + pick to Buffalo for Pysyk?

Last edited:

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Well with Braun and now apparently Middleton gone, if Tampa is going to acquire a dman, best targets might be Soucy, Mayfield or Schenn. All three have an extra year so the price would be higher. Soucy actually seems unrealistic bc of the cap hit, but Mayfield and/or Schenn could work. Any other dmen out there that seem interesting?

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I like the idea of getting one more upgrade for our D.
But money have to go out as well. Trade away Foote? Even tho I personally don't like what I see from him so far, it'd be selling him at a very low value, we should probably give him a bit more time to develop.
Rutta? We could send Rutta + pick to Buffalo for Pysyc?
Ah yeah, forgot about Pysyk. I guess alot depends on if JBB thinks he can get Rutta to re-sign in Tampa. How much they want to hold on to the 1st and/or Foote also will be a big factor(I'm not seeing Foote as ever anything more than a low 5/6 personally, so if Tampa could move him for value now I'd do it).

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Well with Braun and now apparently Middleton gone, if Tampa is going to acquire a dman, best targets might be Soucy, Mayfield or Schenn. All three have an extra year so the price would be higher. Soucy actually seems unrealistic bc of the cap hit, but Mayfield and/or Schenn could work. Any other dmen out there that seem interesting?
I’d love getting mayfield

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad